Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:14:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686458
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Osprey: On the Seven Seas: Wargames Rules for the Age of Piracy and Adventure  (Read 21758 times)

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
Is it me or has the thread become seriously derailed? :D
No, it's just that some French people here went wild ...because ...they remembered ...Angéliiiiiiiiique !  lol :D ;D :-* :'( >:D >:(

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Are ships and the use of ships going to be factored into this game or is it purely infantry based?

Well, I heard, mind you this is stuff I gleaned, that most is land based. There are ship rules but not as huge part of the book/ I had the impression kinda like how Legends of the high seas kinda was.

No, it's just that some French people here went wild ...because ...they remembered ...Angéliiiiiiiiique !  lol :D ;D :-* :'( >:D >:(

Set course 52, mark 42.....we have to get back on course! Trim that main sail!
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Smith

• Mad Scientist
    • Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff
Are ships and the use of ships going to be factored into this game or is it purely infantry based?

Ships are definitely in there! From the introduction of the game:

Model ships or smaller vessels, if these are to be used in your game. An enjoyable game can be had between purely land-based forces, but fights at sea will be an important part of many pirate scenarios, and battles between and on board ships are fully catered for in the rules.
Phil Smith
Head of Osprey Games

Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff

OWG Resources HERE!

Offline carlos13th

• Mastermind
Ships are definitely in there! From the introduction of the game:

Very intresting. Would love to have a game that can seamlessly transition between ship and boarding fighting. Will watch with interest.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
I talked to Smith here on the boards that works with Osprey. He agreed to do a Q&A for us about the game. He does reserve the right to not answer a question or in part if it conflicts in some way with Osprey policy or reveals too much about the game. This is just a teaser Q&A to get a taste or overview of the game.

Feel free to PM me or post up your questions on the game. I'll collect them and send them on to be answered.

Bear in mind the game won't be out until fall, but always nice to see what kind of crazy pirate goodness we may be getting!

Offline Drunkendwarf

• Mad Scientist
Feel free to PM me or post up your questions on the game. I'll collect them and send them on to be answered.

I'm curious how many figures are needed per side to have an enjoyable game.

DJ

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
I'm curious how many figures are needed per side to have an enjoyable game.

DJ

He posted this on page 3:

"As for army size, 15 or so a side is normal. Fewer for more elite forces, more for natives and poorly trained factions."

So, you may want to elaborate more in the question. Choices of Factions? Unit types in a faction (some examples perhaps)?

Offline Drunkendwarf

• Mad Scientist
He posted this on page 3:

"As for army size, 15 or so a side is normal. Fewer for more elite forces, more for natives and poorly trained factions."

So, you may want to elaborate more in the question. Choices of Factions? Unit types in a faction (some examples perhaps)?

That was fast! I thought I had followed this thread but I have missed that answer (must be the picture of Anne Bonny......). I'm not familiar with Osprey rules but before I ask a next question I will read the whole thread :D

DJ

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
I might ::)  be interested if I find some nice 15 mm pirates… I hate Osprey!   ;)

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline lou passejaire

• Mastermind
I have heard rumour about a "Nick-Starter" with all of their new looking pirate figs!
I'm in!

some news ?
i'll have to collect some funds  :?
Dans les situations critiques, quand on parle avec un calibre bien en pogne, personne ne conteste plus. Y'a des statistiques là-dessus.

Offline marcusluis

• Scientist
    • marcos painting blog
Black Sails on Love film now!! ;D ;D