Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:07:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689614
  • Total Topics: 118287
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Alrith72's Supers thread  (Read 7917 times)

Offline alrith72

• Librarian
Alrith72's Supers thread
« on: February 27, 2014, 01:29:22 PM »
Hi all. Been a long time since painting anything but got the urge again yesterday so dug out some supers to get started on.
Here is the first of my "Supers" project, I'm trying to come up with original heroes (not easy!) and a bit of background for each. Let me know what you think (and also if the name/concept has been done before). As usual excuse the poor pic.

I give you Yin-Yang, a martial artist of above human/low end super physical ability (think Captain America type physical abilities). Yin-Yang is a man with a dark past but also a man who is currently trying to right the wrongs he has caused. He is in a constant struggle to keep the darker side of his character in check and at this time the "white" is winning. It is probably only a matter of time before the "black" reasserts itself and he turns to darker times again.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
Re: Alrith72's Supers thread
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 01:48:57 PM »
Absolutely love the paint and base work!  Great concept too! 

Don't sweat the names--almost all of the best names are taken anyway!   lol

Rusti will swell with pride when he sees this one!
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 04:46:59 PM »
I like the look. looks cool

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 05:07:58 PM »
Nice work, I have trouble with  names also....I had a book of names not used from the 80's, since then many have been used by other companies, so don't sweat it if you do use something similar.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 08:12:27 PM »
Rusti will swell with pride when he sees this one!

Nicely done!  Our first ever figure and my personal favorite!  Great paint job and name. 

Names are tough, I usually spend a half hour googling a name to make sure it isn't taken, and that's after days spent picking a name :)

Great start!

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 08:39:12 PM »
Nicely done!  Our first ever figure and my personal favorite!  Great paint job and name. 

Names are tough, I usually spend a half hour googling a name to make sure it isn't taken, and that's after days spent picking a name :)

Great start!

I have to get this same figure done along with the female version also....calling them Praetorian and Avant-Garde not sure if both will be on the same team or not.

Offline alrith72

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 11:07:37 PM »
Thanks guys. I did spend a bit of time googling names to make sure they weren't taken but I'm not actually too fussed if they are if I'm honest. It was just nice to sit down and paint something. Have got 3 more lined up in the queue for tomorrow (2 heroes and a villain) so with a bit of decent light (fingers crossed) I will have something to show here in the form of Songthrush, The Code Red Kid and 3-Hundred.....

Offline alrith72

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 03:08:26 PM »
The Code Red Kid.
 Jimmy Powers, the sole survivor of a high school shooting was rushed to an advance medical facility to try and save his life. As far as the public are aware he is in a critical condition and has been for 2 years, in a coma and on life support. Only a secret organisation, The Agency, know the true story. Jimmy Powers is alive, more than that he is "improved". He underwent massive bionic reconstruction and is capable of feats of strength, agility and awareness way beyond that of a normal grown human, let alone a high school student. He is out there somewhere, fighting for justice, working for "The Agency" and trying to find the mastermind behind the massacre that killed every one of his class mates 2 years ago as this was no random shooting, of that he is convinced...

Offline alrith72

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 03:15:06 PM »
Songthrush

Not much, if anything, is known about the Heroine called Songthrush. She is rarely spotted and elusive when in flight, and until now has always worked alone. Villians and Goons are only alerted to her presence when the intoxicating sound of her sonic song mesmorises them and stops them in their tracks. Many have been captured this way as she keeps them almost rooted to the spot with her sonic song until the forces of law and order arrive....

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 03:16:56 PM »
Great work, like the yellow tones on the last one....the white/red are crisp on the other one...sometimes they are opaque and hard to layer up.

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 01:30:58 PM »
Great looking group coming along!  I love the sidekick, he doesn't see enough action though. 

Can't wait to see more.  :o

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 07:32:51 PM »
Like the paint scheme s so far.
The Code Red Kid seems a little long but I like it.
Can't wait to see more
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline alrith72

• Librarian
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 01:54:34 PM »
4 Heroclix rebased and repainted to varying degrees of success, you literally have to paint the detail on some of them. Anyway the following 4 are all Villains, let me know what you think (and yes I know the pics aren't great but neither are my photography skills, should at leat give you and idea of what they're like though  :))

Mordrax is an alien from an unknown planet. Why or how he came to be here is unknown but what is known that he has caused chaos and destruction wherever he appears. He is a known master of the mind and is able to control multiple targets at once and make them to do his bidding. He is also a scientist of genius level and has made more than one construct to fight for him and act as his security.

Deton-8 is one of Mordrax sentient android constructs made from an unknown alien metal. Capable of independent thought it is a formidable foe and fiercely loyal to Modrax. It is rumoured that there is more than one of these constructs guarding Mordrax various lairs but as yet that hasn't been proven. Armed with twin blasters that can fire a variety of ammunition Deton-8 is a force to be reckoned with.

Boa is a violent criminal and while he possesses no natural super powers he has been recruited by Mordrax and fitted with a variety of weaponry and gadgets. His suit is resistant to extremes of temperature and almost impervious to bullets. His main armament is a retractable metal whip, (made from the same alien metal as Deton-8) which he can use at range and also control, via an implant that Mordrax provided, and use to constrict and manipulate objects. The whip can also discharge a massive electrical shock to any it touches. (I realise this back story is similar to Constrictor from the Marvel universe but I liked it so stole it. It is also the base miniature for Boa)

Hellfire is more well known for working with his adopted brother Brimstone. Brimstone however has been incarcerated since his defeat at the hands of Yin-Yang. Hellfire has made it his mission to free his brother and to seek revenge over Yin-Yang. Most recently Hellfire has been seen working with Boa which ties him in with Mordrax but to what extent it is unknown. Hellfire can control fire and all heat sources and is also armed with twin fuel injectors that he uses to literally add fuel to the fire. Not particularly smart he tends to act before thinking which can make him an unpredictable foe. (and yes he is similar to Pyro that the is the base miniature for him)

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 02:59:49 PM »
I LOVE those 'Clix re-paints!  Makes we want to run a whole campaign where players start with a big, shared box of 'Clix, have a group "jam" session where figs get altered, cut up, and re-built, and then make original teams.

Keep 'em coming!

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 06:34:54 PM »
Great work!