Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:11:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691081
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Night Stalkers: LatD Warband - Now a start of a Army  (Read 7644 times)

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
Night Stalkers: LatD Warband - Now a start of a Army
« on: March 05, 2014, 01:05:18 PM »

I've been on the look out for a small project to keep me busy for a weeks, so I've rolled up a Chaos Warband using the 1991 Book Lost and the Damned. I did fudge my Champion rolls a little and choose a Female Human rather then a random roll on the chart though, who cares though what matters is I'm going to enjoy making every second of this project.

So my rolls:

Zanna: Champion of Malal - Human Female level 15
Heavy Armour, shield, Mark of Malal (Undivided)
Chaos Gift: 64-69 Strength +3
526-535 Irrational Hatred

As already stated I choose my race/gender & level, thats because I already had Kalee from Hasslefree to use. Perfect don't you think?

39-41 Chaos Warrior
4-5 Chaos Marauder
Mark of Malal (Undivided)
846-850 Spits Acid
476-480 Horrible Steench
Chaos Gift: Chaos Armour

Up next turned out to be a Chaos Warrior with the stats of a Marauder. He got Chaos Armour from his Undivided Mark and both a Strange smell and a bad spitting problem.

92-93 Troll
221-215 Breaths Fire
261-270 Cloud of Flies

Ohhh I rolled a Troll! Crap! now I've got to paint one *Grumbles* Hmmm time to use my Reaper Bones Troll I had shitting around for awhile!

54-60 - 2d4 Brigands (7)
Brigand Hero Level 5

Yay humans, this gave me an excuse to spend some money at Forlorn Hope games and buy a bunch of Barbarians. I was planning on getting some anyway. Not bad 8 (Including the Chaos Warrior) cost me £12 with free shipping.

So next stage painting the warband..
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 02:39:56 PM by Chico »

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
Re: Night Stalkers: LatD Warband
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 01:28:46 PM »
Looks like a good little project, now get daubing!  :D

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 03:49:31 PM »
Should be good painting up a random collection of figures from 3 separate companies and see how the gel.

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 04:38:11 PM »
So the first 2 of my Warband have been cleaned & based and of course some minor converting.

Zanna: Champion of Malal

Zanna was born in the Crow Eaters a tribe famous for their disfigurements and the worship of the God Nurgle. Zanna being born beautiful was therefore a disappointment to the tribal elders who had her outcast to the wastes. Zanna cries of despair was heard by Malal the Renegade God, the true outcast and Father of revenge. Malal gifted her with great strength and fuelled her burning hatred as she  slew in his name.

Sludge: Chaos Troll

Sludge started his life wandering the border of the Troll Country and Kislev, he led a simple life of eating, killing, sleeping and more killing. Until one fateful night he slew a black and white clad knight bearing a glowing obsidian sword, drawn to the sword and hearing whispers of power Sludge took it and has since then been slowly changing. Sludge is now almost albino as the sword slowly takes over his brain his body is reflecting that change by becoming more white the chosen colour of Malal

So that's the first 2 preped and ready for the primer, quite looking forward to painting these.

-
Chico
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:30:15 PM by Chico »

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 05:06:54 PM »
COOL STUFF! The Troll looks much better with his new sword & the Hasslefree Babe is BEAUTIFUL. You are off to a FINE start on your War Band.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 08:49:53 PM »
Finished the Troll, not a bad figure to paint and took the primer (To be fair all my Bones figures have taken primer well)

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
Re: Night Stalkers: LatD Warband - Troll finished
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 11:45:25 PM »
Warband Leader finished.. yup I've been a busy boy.

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 02:59:01 PM »
They lookk really cool!
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 03:46:49 PM »

The complete Warband so far with just 5 more Barbarians and 1 Chaos Warrior left too paint.

The Brigands are a group of Barbarians from the 4 corners of the frozen wastes lead by Dargoth they now follow Zanna in her worship of Malal.

Dargoth hails from the southern Chaos Wastes and journeys far for the sake of slaughter and revenge. He leads his band of cut-throats and Berserkers with an iron fist. Not onc has he been challenged for his postion such is his hold over those who follow him.

Gar is a frothing Berserker who has only goal and that is to slay in the name of any deity, for he cares not what God listens only that they do
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 01:09:12 PM by Chico »

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
Re: Night Stalkers: LatD Warband - Half way done
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 08:22:57 PM »
Looking good. Can't wait to see the whole warband finished. I've got that Hasslefree chick too. Mine's painted up as a champion of Tzeentch. Part of a six figure warband of nekkid (ish) Hasslefree chaos chicks.  :D

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 01:16:05 PM »
Thanks everyone,

Small update:

2 new warband members:

Marz is far along the road to damnation/Godhood but little is indeed known of the warrior. A able bodied fighter and quick of mind it is of wonder why he doesn't lead his own Warband.  Zanna knowns why for it is her leash in which she controls Marz.

Sever is the son of Gar but has already started the road of the Beserker, his axe has claimed many a head in the name of Malal.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 09:58:25 PM by Chico »

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 07:28:45 PM »
The Barbarian Guys, Babe, & Whatever are LOOKIN' GOOD...GREAT WORK!

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 09:39:48 PM »
That's a nice looking warband you are creating there. I like the back stories you have given each character.
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 12:32:16 AM »
The Barbarian Guys, Babe, & Whatever are LOOKIN' GOOD...GREAT WORK!

Thanks, It's good fun working on these but peoples nice comments is always a welcome boon.

That's a nice looking warband you are creating there. I like the back stories you have given each character.

Thanks, Its the added extras which makes making a Lost and the Damned warbands so fun. I'd recommend it to everyone who fancies a laugh and has limited wargaming time/space.

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 11:40:01 PM »

Just a quick post just to let you know I'm still been slowly working on this Warband with 2 more fully painted and 2 others having a minor repaint (Orange hair on the Berserker clashed too much).

Just 2 more left to paint and I can then move on to the army on full.. Yup that's right a fully playable 2k WhFB3 (Oldhammer) Malal Chaos Army, to go with my Undead and Dark Elves.

Highlights include Ral Partha Beastmen, large units of Barbarians (With a mix of ranges including Ral Partha/Grenadier/Hasslefree). A unit of Reaper Bones ''Trolls'' (Well it's a mix of monsters).