Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:38:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691081
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 1/72 Sadurní Carrier & Crew  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Lluís of Minairons

• Scientist
    • Minairons miniatures
1/72 Sadurní Carrier & Crew
« on: March 08, 2014, 10:13:37 PM »
Here it goes a sample I've painted for myself of the Carrier version of IGC Sadurní tank --one of the couple 1/72 AFVs we're going to release in the next few weeks:

The crew you can see here is not the standard one forecast for this set, but a collection of modified figures of other makes. I don't remember where the driver comes from, but in any case its head was replaced by the Adrian helmeted one of a Pegasus Hobbies plastic french infantryman. The officer to his right is by Irregular.

As for the soldiers I've placed on this particular sample, they all are from Xan Miniatures catalogue: late war German soldiers, that have suffered some modification too. A couple of them have been fitted Pegasus Hobbies heads too, while the third one's head has been swaped by that of a BUM soft plastic spanish republican soldier. Otherwise, decals and paper flag are Minairons own.

Here below you can see the actual crew this nice AFV will carry --they were depicted a few days ago, before completion. Now they're finished and on their way to foundry:

All these figures will be included in IGC Sadurní Carrier set indeed (20GEV013), but are to be sold separately too, so as to allow their use as truck passengers or tank riders, under reference no. # 20GEF005.

As to have an idea on the vehicle size, here you have it depicted alongside to a (slightly modified) Universal Bren Carrier of Plastic Soldier Company:

It must be admitted that Sadurní crew seems to be relatively unprotected, if compared to that of Universal. I believe it obvious that, had this carrier been finally approved for mass production by the Spanish Republic, its walls should have been made one or two feet higher. BTW, here below you have a Sadurní carrier in an odd, what-if role as a VBCW alternative carrier for Scottish troops:

In this case, the (still unfinished) vehicle has been painted as if an eventual post-VBCW Scottish Republic had been thrown into WWII --on the Allied side, indeed. An unusual 5-pointed star pattern has been chosen, so as the blue in it matches with that of the Scottish flag.

Regards,
Lluís
www.minairons.eu
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 10:22:26 PM by Lluís of Minairons »
"Nations that went down fighting rose again, but those who surrendered tamely were finished" - W. Churchill