Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:39:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Time for some thrilling heroics - Pulp Alley Firefly  (Read 4888 times)

Offline mysteriousbill

• Mad Scientist
Re: Time for some thrilling heroics - Pulp Alley Firefly
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 02:40:52 PM »
I still don't understand whether this topic is about SF gaming with Pulp alley rules or transferring the Firefly setting into Pulp and gaming it with Pulp Alley?

That's the one problem with this forum, no cross-posting.

Offline Anttipa

• Assistant
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 03:00:08 PM »
A good question, maybe this topic would belong to the Future Wars section? I just thought that I would find the Pulp Alley gamers better in this section...  :?

I've been eyeing on some miniatures (I liked the Crooked Dice guy), Reaper sure has some nice minis but does anyone know are they as big as their fantasy figures? So far I've got Heresy, EM4 and Copplestone, Reapers are probably way too large with these? I'm not actually going to include the Serenity crew at all in this, as there are other stories to tell :) (and I really don't like any of the current minis for them).

I'll be using some paper terrain in this project. I'm not a huge fan, but some of the old west buildings out there do look quite good, and that's the way I see some of the border worlds (have to add a tiny bit of future on them naturally). Changing locales and environment of scenarios is quicker when I don't have to scratchbuild everything. There are some superb paper models I intend to use in these two pages:
http://www.toposolitario.com/workshop/index.html#
http://www.modelpaperworld.com/en/

I've got the first scenario rounded up, now I have to get back to the painting table to finish the first leagues and post them...  

former user

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 04:04:53 PM »
OK, since the question is not settled  :D
I have thought about transferring the individualistic quirky crew concept too, and I find that the Dola gang from "castle in the sky" and their airship fit perfectly, and there are also pulp miniatures for it. Although it would be more of a pulp SF setting, like "sky captain", but I guess that's OK

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 04:53:40 PM »
Reaper minis should fit fine with bigger minis like Crooked Dice or Copplestone. There are slight differences, but they're by no means severe.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 05:46:17 PM »
Following this with interest...
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Anttipa

• Assistant
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 07:40:40 PM »
A small teaser:
----
Eavesdown docks, Persephone, White Star System. March 2514:

Captain Jones had just landed on Eavesdown docks empty. This was his first contract after the war had ended, and much was at stake. He did not want to screw the gig and end up pawning his ship.

A former transport captain for the Independents, John Jones picked up a new trade soon after the Unification war had ended in 2511. There was little to do for a captain of his sort other than keep flying the ship he had managed to keep after the war. With his repainted little transport ship Resolute and a forged ship-id, he headed towards the border planets and began the life of a transporter, or when money was short, a smuggler.

A dysentery epidemic had broken out on Paquin and the local council had been asking for vaccine several times through official channels, but their distant calls had fallen to deaf ears. Jones had followed a lead of an Alliance medical supply ship to Persephone, now its cargo was waiting for distribution at the Eavesdown docks.

Jones had an hour to get to the guarded landing area, find the right container and get it back to the Resolute. However, far from any kind of half decent medical services, money could be made with medicine. The black market cartels knew this, and many a time after a medical supply ship had landed, the cargo miraculously disappeared before the supplies had reached their destination.

Captain Jones' crew had just arrived to the landing area 21, when his sturdy quartermaster Guilford noticed movement on the other end of the landing area: "Ta Ma Duh, the cartel bastards are here!"   
----

Basically a Trail of Clues scenario, the Crew vs. local cartel looters. The leagues are not finished yet, the guy is one of the plotpoints, the harbormaster. I think I still need to make a few more containers :).

P.S. phipps, I'll have to start saving, it's a long flight :)

Offline krimso

• Assistant
    • Lead & Wax Projekts
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 07:18:09 PM »
Ran a Firefly game at last years GZG ECC using Splintered Light's 15mm Firefly crew.  It was a one-off game but have plans to re-visit and do a campaign of sorts in the future.

We used a version of Stargrunt modified for characters and small groups.

I like the idea of a game like Pulp Alley for it though.  I look forward to your updates.

AAR from my Firefly game at my blog:

http://leadprojekts.blogspot.com/2013/03/get-back-to-serentity-firefly-in-15mm.html
I'd rather meet the devil than be this woman's man:  Skip James

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2014, 05:02:38 PM »
Looks like you're off to a great start, Anttipa!  :-* :-*

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com