Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:16:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690625
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Daleks vs Cybermen any history?  (Read 6462 times)

Offline joekano

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Major Thomas Foolery
Re: Daleks vs Cybermen any history?
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2014, 09:36:47 PM »
Oh that picture, yes did see it but failed to find any further info about it.

Think I may have that mag stashed away. I'll see if I can track it down.  I used to run a Cyberman fan site, and that was the only instance I found of conflict between Cybermen and Daleks.

Chris
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 09:39:01 PM by joekano »
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room." -President Merkin Muffley
http://majorthomasfoolery.blogspot.com/

Offline joekano

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Major Thomas Foolery
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2014, 07:08:56 PM »
Here are the details on that story:

"Heliotrope Bouquet"
Written by Dan Abnett, illustrated by Lee Sullivan
Doctor Who Magazine, Issues 181 and 182, both December 1991

In the 26th century, the passengers of the space yacht Heliotrope Bouquet II are traveling in the Partition Sector, beyond which can be found the territories of the Cybermen, Daleks, and Sontarans, all of which have have not been seen for centuries.   Some people even believe these are creatures of legends.

The ship's course brings them near a firefight, which they at first believe are pirates or smugglers.  However as they get closer. amongst the ships they spot Cybermen (Earthshock Era) infantry in zero-g thrusters battling Daleks (grey with a red leader on the second cover) using space maneuver cradles.  From the description and illustrations, it seems a pretty even match.

The Heliotrope Bouquet attempted to sneak away, but the hull is punctured by a fragment of one of the exploding ships.  Upon investigation, it is a Cybermen escape pod, containing two Cybermen.  They manage to destroy one, but the other seizes the ship. He is Cyberleader Klayt of the Cybership K'voon, engaging the Dalek flagship Urun-hutsaiki Rak.  The cybership has been lost, but his escape pod is carrying 3 fusion devices.  He cannot pilot the yacht on his own, so orders the crew to bring him along side the Dalek ship.   They crew managse to swing the yacht about in a tight turn, and the g-force throws the Cyberman against the bulkhead. The crew manages to kill him and slip away from the fight before the yacht is destroyed.

That's it for the story.  Sadly no real details on the conflict between the Cybermen and Daleks.

Chris

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 01:59:46 AM by joekano »

Offline Germy

• Scientist
    • Germy.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2014, 09:07:35 PM »
Interesting, cheers for that Chris. I guess I will need to start creating a bit of history between the two factions.  8)

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2014, 08:16:12 AM »
Don't forget these cool terrain (aquarium) pieces for your cyber adventures:

I'm getting 2 for myself. 

http://www.amazon.com/Inches-High-Cyberman-Helmet-Resin/dp/B00BCOZK94/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389513967&sr=8-1&keywords=aquarium+cyberman
This is my boomstick!

Offline Germy

• Scientist
    • Germy.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2014, 01:02:00 PM »
Started a WIP cyberman thread here

Offline Jet Simian

• Bookworm
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2014, 06:40:51 PM »
Back briefly to the DWM picture above, ISTR around the time (but probably not in the same issue) the magazine answering in the letters column who they thought might win in a hypothetical face-off between Cybermen and Daleks. Their conjecture was if the battle was airborne or on space, then the Daleks' saucers would overpower the Cyber ships (which in the forthcoming DVD The Moonbase are also saucers!); however, if the battle was hand-to-hand they favoured the Cybermen (presumably for their better mobility and strength.)

Looks like RTD disagreed. Shame - I'd like to see the Cybermen win something some time  >:D

Offline Germy

• Scientist
    • Germy.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2014, 08:11:23 AM »
Looks like RTD disagreed. Shame - I'd like to see the Cybermen win something some time  >:D

Careful what you wish for just made a teaser trailer for my up and coming Cybermen vs Daleks game that I'm putting on for my clubs open day.
  8)

Just need to build the remaining 40+ Cybermen and sort the rules out.
The game will be exclusively run at the Maidstone Wargames Society Open Day which is on the 28th June this year.