Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:15:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690898
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [MINI CON] Argonor's Attic Attack I, May 23rd - May 25th 2014 (Denmark)  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
I am setting up a small event; you can read more at my blog:

http://argonor-wargames.blogspot.dk/

UPDATE:

Attic Attack I:
Date: Friday May 23rd to Sunday May 25th, 2014
Participation Fee: DKK 50,- (At future events, participation fees may get differentiated for various reasons)

Attic Attack II:
Date: Friday August 29th to Sunday August 31st, 2014
Participation Fee: Not fixed, yet. Will be based on experience from Attic Attack I.

Concept of Attic Attack:
Gamers come together for a weekend of gaming and good fun.

The participation fee is providing funds for buying supplies for the bar (and a little surprise), and should any profit be made by Attic Attack from the fees, and selling snacks and drinks, it will be turned into making the next event better.

The games room is my garage attic; see blog for details. Future events may see the additional use of the garage ground floor, if space is needed for more tables.

Games
I provide some games, and I shall expect those who have a game presented to them by me and/or know a game in advance to do the next presentation, and so on, as I cannot be present at 4-5 tables.

Participants may - and are encouraged to - bring their own games to present/run/play - with or without table/gaming mat; I have quite a few table-tops, and various terrain. We'll work it out.

Attic Attack is not a convention in the traditional sense, but a gathering of like-minded hobbyists. I provide the physical framework, and some entertainment, but the participants are expected to contribute to the overall experience, be it through conduct or providing some of the games.

There will also be various board games to pass time, should the miniatures games be all booked out.

Events
Friday evening there'll be an official opening with a drink (I shall pour a glass of my home-brewed mead for all participants).

Sunday around noon (maybe a bit earlier if we have visitors from overseas, or somebody has to leave early) there'll be a small ceremony which will become a regular feature. The details will be revaled at that point ;o)

Svendborgvej 49A
Åparken
5772 Kværndrup
FYN
DENMARK

Accomodation
You can bring a tent, and camp in our back garden, on a lawn among big trees and with a creek running by.

Alternatively, you'll have to find a B&B/hotel; My home is a 5 min. walk from the train station. Svendborg and Odense, both about 25 min. away by train, both have nice hotels.

There's a hostel in Ringe with both rooms and cabins:
http://www.midtfyns-fritidscenter.dk/overnatning/vandrehjem-i-ringe

Toilets and water
We have a small bathroom with access from the yard through the back entrance. There's a toilet and a sink with hot and cold water. It will be available around the clock.

I cannot provide shower/bath, sorry.

Catering
Meals:
Food can be bought at the grocery/supermarket or the pizza/fast food parlour, both about 500 m. away.
Alternatively, we can chip in to cook some meals in our kitchen (I have big pots and several pans).

Snacks:
I shall provide a selection of snacks to be purchased from the bar, and there'll be a toaster to make hot ham & cheese sandwiches.

Provisions will be picked up from a nearby store, after participants check in Friday afternoon/evening.

Alternatively, you can buy your own snacks at the grocery/supermarket.

Beverages:
Coffee, tea, beer, sodas (and mead) will be available from the bar at reasonable prices.

More information:
Wearing a fez is not mandatory.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 05:29:07 PM by Argonor »
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Small update  :)