Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:33:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A package arrived yesterday and I am confused about why...  (Read 8244 times)

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Re: A package arrived yesterday and I am confused about why...
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2014, 09:11:43 AM »
Wargames Command Post is now in Cheltenham, not far from me, and right next to the GCHQ doughnut........
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2014, 09:28:42 AM »
Okay, forgive any violations of privacy but here is the address:

8 Cecil Street, Harrogate, HG14NP, UK.

If you think of who that might be (company or person, please PM or e-mail me (ZorroGames@att.net) and I will get in contact with them.  If I don't hear by Midnight tomorrow (19MAR14) then I will send off the "resident" letter to the UK and see what happens.  If nothing comes up to clarify this then I will start a thread on "how to creatively make a benefit of this item for someone else" thread.  

If it turns out I actually somehow am the proper recipient of this then I will let people know.  Except maybe my wife... ICU nurses are trained to be paranoid even more than Intel types...

Thanks for all the good ideas.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2014, 09:31:57 AM »
Deffo a private house mate

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2014, 10:10:37 AM »
CAUTION:As a friendly heads up...I'd remove your email address from the thread - or camouflage it.  Spam bots frequently peruse open internet spaces for any emails and will toss you on garbage spam lists.  It's good practice to avoid it when possible.

ZorroGames (at) att (dot) net

...is a better way to type it out if needed.

PS: Quite a riveting case.  My first guesses were:

1) you ordered something from a company and they shipped you the wrong thing
2) you got in on a kickstarter and this is a late product shipped to you?
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2014, 01:00:06 PM »
Bizzarley my Brother-in-law used to live on Cecil Street & yes its private housing

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2014, 01:50:34 PM »

I've just had a senior moment, I'm pretty such I sent you something really cool that I meant to send to myself. Drop me a Pm and I'll send you my proper address....

;)

lol ne too!  :P

Ergo, the REAL reason not to share details. Make them tell YOU what's in it.  ;)

Along with all the effort and just willing to give it up, you're reason 'not to spoil a surprise' continues to put you in a good light.

As for the Alzheimers, my mother recently passed from dementia-related issues, and my girlfriend of a quarter century, who always took care of this old hippy, has suffered rapid onset. I'm overwhelmed, and, of course, wonder if my own confusion and failed efforts indicate mere stress-reenforced depression, or a bit of the loss-of-self as well.

Still, I don't ask others to stop seeing the humor. Sometimes it's the only thing that gets you through.

Glenn, 'do not go gentle into that good night' is not just for the terminal.

Doug

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2014, 01:52:05 PM »
Okay, so I have decided since I have opened it I can't use "Refused mail" to return it so I am going to ship it back to the address it was sent from and since it is residential housing I plan to address it to "Resident" at that address since I don't know a name.

If there is a better way speak up soonest and I will that that advice into consideration.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2014, 04:46:52 PM »
Try writing a letter to them first, rather than sending the parcel on. That it's cheaper and if it did land at your address by accident, it'll be cheaper and faster in the long run too as you'll be able to send it direct to the real recipient.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2014, 09:12:35 AM »
Update on this:

to paraphrase Doctor Fankenstein (Movie) - "It LIVES!"  Yes, threadomancy...  But I have resolution.

It was a "perk" from an (the only?) Indiegogo project I think I ever supported.   lol

I just received a survey from indiegogo and the link pops up with a series of pictures of the perks - and there is the (very minor, supported on a whim,) item I pledged and paid for on the list which I received in the maill all that time ago.   o_o 

That was back in the time when I had disposable income...   ::)

No Good Deed ("Heck, they could use the support and it isn't that much money!") goes unpunished...   :D

Another reason to be very selective about KS and Indigogo - you can lose track over the months to takes to get your items of what you supported...  (I have another example but that is for another time/thread.)

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2014, 09:34:31 AM »
Been there and got T shirt having ordered and forgotten about it only to have it turn up weeks/months later and having that head scratching moment ;D

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2014, 09:41:42 AM »
Been there and got T shirt having ordered and forgotten about it only to have it turn up weeks/months later and having that head scratching moment ;D

Did the same with a cheap jacket on ebay. it never showed up, i contacted them, still no jacket. a year alter, i get home and 5 jackets are waiting for me ,with several notes saying "we have sent a replacement for the undelivered jacket".
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2014, 10:23:02 AM »
A fine resolution to the dilemma, it seems  :)

edit: I am sure I will have this kind of moment when the last Rogue Trooper KS items arrive in years to come  lol

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2014, 10:46:00 AM »
I was right!!!!!!!!!! 100 points to me...Only thought of the because I have some that have been over due for years.  what did you get no that you know its yours?

Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2014, 02:34:44 PM »
I was right!!!!!!!!!! 100 points to me...Only thought of the because I have some that have been over due for years.  what did you get no that you know its yours?

"... it was one of the kickstaters  that you bought into over a year ago and they are just getting around to shipping it..."

Only 95 points because it was Indiegogo instead of a Kick Starter.   :D

Receiving the request for survey and hitting the link to the webpage on Indiegogo to figure out what they were talking about was the moment of enlightenment (aka known as "OH, Shit, that!") for me.  I went to my painting desk, found the package, pulled out the item, looked at the screen again, and felt the warm red glow of my face...  

I really don't need "the T-Shirt" but it  looks nice...  ::)   o_o   lol

Edit: Oh, to answer the question, I received a 6 mm SF aerospace to ground landing ship.

Gracias,

Glenn
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 02:38:02 PM by Conquistador »

Offline Valerik

• Mad Scientist
  • "...promiscuously brandishing a revolver..."
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2014, 02:41:09 PM »
I really don't need "the T-Shirt" but it  looks nice...  

Proof Positive no good deed goes unpunished.

"I tried to do the right hing & all I got was this lousy T-shirt..."

Valerik

lifelong last place finisher, Good Guy Division
BGR

"Fart in the devil's face"
Martin Luther