Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:25:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686499
  • Total Topics: 118103
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: INEPTT Genre one - Leaving Africa - After Action Report  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
  • If we don't end war, war will end us.
INEPTT Genre one - Leaving Africa - After Action Report
« on: March 17, 2014, 03:13:43 PM »
The summer of 1910 had been one of triumph and disaster for the commander of Special Occult Operations Forces (SOOF). Brigadier Cecil Macnamara had employed a number of teams to recover the relics of Gaunabs Temple, but the success of those missions was lost when Lieutenant Francios Miranda team of 5 SOOF operatives was ambushed while moving the relic to Capetown South Africa. Lt Miranda and his men were killed by German Occult Operatives who then took the relic and moved it by horse and truck to Dar El Salaam to be moved to Germany via tramp steamer. SOOF found out about the German movements via wireless intercepts and so tracked down the Steamer in a small town about 40 miles south of Dar El Salaam.

Three SOOF teams, two French and one British, made the approach on the Steamer. They were unsure if the relic was already onboard or about to arrive.

Two teams approach from the West towards the steamer.

First French team approaches from the South.

The Tramp steamer.

Second French team advancing from the West.

British team also approaching from the West.

The Western teams race towards the steamer - no one has yet to appear on the upper decks!

French team from the South sprints down the road past a number of buildings to try and get in a firing position, in case the ships crew comes out.

A German crewman comes out and spots the SOOF teams, he hits the emergency alarm. British SOOF Magical warrior rendered unconscious the German crew man and he fell forward off the ship, hit the jetty and fell in the ocean to his death.

German crew rush to the ships side and man the MG08, opening up a sporadic fire the Germans fail to cause any casualties in their first volleys.

SOOF teams move up and engage the crew and in a terrible fire fight two SOOF and six Germans are slain. The Magical soldier caused yet another German to topple into the ocean and drown.

Finally making it to the 37mm gun, the Germans opened fire on a group of SOOF soldier but missed, they did however blow a hole in the wall of one of the houses!

British SOOF team gets a bead on the 37 crew and take them out.

Just the commander and one soldier left, the Germans continue the fight - killing a British SOOF operative.

In a hail of bullets the last German soldier is killed and the Magic soldier renders unconscious the German commander - he sadly does not topple into the water!

A truck comes barrelling down the road, seems the artifact has arrived! French SOOF teams open fire killing the passenger and the driver!

The truck rolls to a stop at a hedge. The SOOF teams move in to grab the relic.

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT! A golem type creature (Frankenstienish) comes out the back of the truck and attacks the nearest French SOOF operatives.

Vicious hand to hand fighting with the monster ensues. The French lose another operative and two more are badly wounded but they manage to take down the monster and are victorious.

SOOF mount the truck and head for Kenya and then Egypt to bring the Relic back to the test facility north of Paris. A great and victorious day for SOOF!

To join INEPTT Yahoo Group email me at - inep-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
or visit the site here - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/INEP/info

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: INEPTT Genre one - Leaving Africa - After Action Report
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 05:58:34 PM »
Looks like a really good game, I like your tramp steamer.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 06:12:15 PM »
Yes! Very nice scratch-build steamer and a great, action-packed game all round.

I've never seen that truck before - what is that?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 06:42:00 PM »
Thoroughly enjoyed this one. Very nice terrain and all. I think pulp is growing on me. Perhaps....one day  8)

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 07:37:08 PM »
The truck is the Mercedes G3A from CompanyB. The Tramp steamer is a Houston design that I asked for. Legion - INEPTT rules go from 1890 to 2020 and you can go against anything from Tribesmen to Predator (like) aliens and anything in between from Pulp, Horror or Sci-Fi. PDF version is available at Lulu.com or Wargamevault.com. They are fast, fun and have huge scope of game play - and don't require any specific miniatures lines or scale.

Shawn

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 04:01:07 PM »
Does any one know if there is a company that makes the 37mm Trench gun in 28mm? I have an upcoming nasty monster and want to give the 37mm a go against it? I did find the Scarab Mini but was wondering if there are any others? I think Old Glory does one in 25mm - anyone have that one can tell me how it looks? My stuff is all 28mm so not sure if the scale will be off.