Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:15:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Company: Annie Oakley's Wild West Show  (Read 5271 times)

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Re: New Company: Annie Oakley's Wild West Show
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2014, 10:24:14 PM »
Which is why we put so much effort into it in HVF  :D

And it sold me on pre-ordering the next set of rules (Looking to make Tarzan like teams for South America and selected Asian Locales.)

I did a bit of research on the animals I either already have or have on my "Miniatures shopping next time" list only to find that some of the animals are not going to logically mix well.  Orangutans are in Borneo or Sumatra; 4 of the 5 types of Baboons live in the Savannas of Africa and A fifth species, the hamadryas baboon, lives in the hills along the Red Sea coasts of Africa and Arabia;  Apes (and the term is so loosely used:

"Hominoidea contains two families of living (extant) species:

Hylobatidae consists of four genera and sixteen species of gibbon, including the lar gibbon and the siamang. They are commonly referred to as lesser apes.

Hominidae consists of orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, bonobos and humans.[1][2] Alternatively, the hominidae family are collectively described as the great apes.[3][4][5][6] There are two extant species in the orangutan genus (Pongo), two species in the gorilla genus, and a single extant species Homo sapiens in the human genus (Homo). Chimpanzees and bonobos are closely related to each other and they represent the two species in the genus Pan."

Apes are ground dwellers (Africa and South East Asia) although I don't plan to tell the Mangani that...

Chimpanzees live in the Central-West part of Africa.  

Tigers are Asian and Lions and Leopards are sub-saharan Africa.  Toss in Cheetahs (sub-saharan Africa,) and Jaguars (Central and South America) or Cougar/Panther/Mountain Lion (South/Central/much of North America.)

Not over-thinking, Craig, just trying to be consistent in a  literary sense.   :)

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Hunter776

• Bookworm
Re: New Company: Annie Oakley's Wild West Show
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 04:02:33 AM »
Being interested in old West themes for IHMN, I fully appreciate this company!

I had the chance to play in Annie Get Your Gun this past summer, and one of the things I picked up, you'll notice from the original advertisements you included. Buffalo Bill called his troupe, "Buffalo Bill's Wild West." Note the absence of the word "show."

For some reason I thought it interesting that I had never noticed that before someone called it to my attention.