Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:44:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691091
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Counterblast by Airlock Games  (Read 7164 times)

Offline Airlock Games

• Student
    • Airlock Games
Re: (KICKSTARTER) Counterblast by Airlock Games
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 04:41:47 PM »
New Add-On Combo Sets, new Bots PLUS a sneak peek at some art for things to come!

Plus we have some other really cool ideas lined up for future Stretch Goals!

We have added new Fire Bots and EMT Bots to the New Releases along with a selection of new Babes and Sidekicks for Pre-Order!

You can see the full list of new items here.

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2014, 05:35:33 AM »
 :o   Oh I love that sky-cycle/jetbike thingy.
This is my boomstick!

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2014, 02:20:36 PM »

The Creeping Creatures set and the Edolfeini each slot seamlessly into my Alien Flora & Fauna and Tentacle Brain projects respectively.  Many of those other models are appealing too. 

I know that you cant please everybody, but I am one of the minority that only really wants the book in digital format.  The additional cost in the pledges added by the book is putting me off (my budget is tight) pledging. 

Still, its a tempting Kickstarter, with lots of cool models (those orangey "Creeping Creatures" are particularly brilliant and that "Hunter Pair" stretch goal set looks potentially very cool, as does the scuttler) so I hope that it does well.

Offline Elprez

• Mad Scientist
  • LXG
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2014, 07:23:33 PM »
I'm backing this, and I'm also pleased that they are now offering the option of UK/EU customers having their stuff shipped from West Wind.
At least it'll avoid the nightmare of arbitrary UK VAT + "handling charges" :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bombshellminis/counterblast-miniatures-game/posts

I really like the Edofleini faction, which are really cool pulp aliens,although I'll probably be using them for VSF.
And, this Kickstarter is heading into it's last few days, if you were waiting to see how it turned out...
http://extraordinarygentlemensjournal.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/VSFMiniatures
Still, a chap ought to look smart in front of the men, don't you think?

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2014, 06:27:48 AM »
I'm backing this, and I'm also pleased that they are now offering the option of UK/EU customers having their stuff shipped from West Wind
It's odd tho how they (as in US companies doing KS) always come up with this solution only at the very last moment :?

Offline Ssendam

• Scientist
    • Ssendam's Blog
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2014, 09:35:37 AM »
I love the some of the models, but am I the only one that thinks this is a really expensive?
"I've been a soldier for 12 years - it's my profession.  But if a soldier doesn't want peace in his soul then he's not a soldier any more - he's a killer.  A soldier fights for peace." Nadia Savchenko

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2014, 01:23:01 PM »
dont have the funds now but will be buying some these once they are available

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2014, 01:21:39 AM »
Doesn't look like the retro-skycycle will get funded at this rate.  :-[
Looks like I'll be bashing a smaller scale P-40 Warhawk model.

I'm glad I supported this KS though.  Their last one produced some truly wonderful models and delivered on time. 

I'm in for minis and a HB book. 

Offline Airlock Games

• Student
    • Airlock Games
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2014, 02:47:58 AM »
The West Wind deal is very tricky and not for everyone. We explored a lot of options before we launched the project and this arrangement seemed the best solution for both of us. It just took a bit for us to put it together. Going forward they will be handling the entire Bombshell Miniatures line which we think will be a big benefit to our customer base.

Even if some of the items are not unlocked during the project, they are already slated for our release schedule and will be available later after the project fulfillment is complete. We have a pretty good track record of other projects that have been delivered in a timely way.

Thanks everyone for your interest in the game! It's very cool to get input from you all.

Patrick

Offline Elprez

• Mad Scientist
  • LXG
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2014, 03:12:16 AM »
Good news that West Wind will be handling the Bombshell Miniatures line in the future,  :)
I've found them to be a great company to deal with, and they certainly did a great job with their own Kickstarter project (Empire of the Dead).
The West Wind supply option (on the Airlock Games Counterblast Kickstarter) seems to be the best option for me (I'm in the UK)

Anyway, looking forward to some really cool figures,  :)

Offline Archie

• Mad Scientist
    • The Grinning Frog
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2014, 10:06:02 AM »
This is going to sound really mean but it doesn't seem to me that you get enough 'freebies' via the stretch goals. I've only been looking at Kickstarter stuff fairly recently but it seems to me half the fun is that you go in for a base set at a certain price and then because enough other people also do that everyone gets some freebies as a reward.

I REALLY like some of the models but what I potentially get for free isn't very exciting particularly if I am buying a faction that features a very similar model. Yes I accept a prototype will be different from a finished version but it's still basically the same figure.

I might back it for a couple of the figures that I really like e.g. Wanda, but the overal package isn't appealing.

But hey maybe I'm just a bit tight with my money?!

Offline Elprez

• Mad Scientist
  • LXG
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2014, 01:38:53 PM »
@ Archie - doesn't sound mean at all. We all like free stuff, and who wouldn't want more?

But, personally, I'd still rather companies run their Kickstarters with realistic rewards and timeframes for supply.
I've seen Kickstarters where the companies promise loads of extras, and obviously haven't done their planning correctly, can't afford to supply what they've promised (while still making a profit) and run into problems meeting their promises on time, if at all.

Then there are companies that plan correctly (including the rewards and costing) and supply in a timely fashion.
I'd cite West Wind's Empire of the Dead as one of those successful well-planned and run Kickstarters, which is why I'm happy that they'll be involved with this one for UK backers,  :)

In this case, I'm happy that the models featured will get made sooner with Kickstarter backing than they otherwise would, and I'll get a couple of free miniatures. I think that Airlock Games have been sensible and realistic in their promises, and I hope that they'll also profit from this Kickstarter, and be able to continue to expand the Counterblast game.

Would I have liked more free stuff though? Of course, every time,  lol.

But I do still realise that these companies have to make a profit to make it worthwhile for them to produce the lines they make.

Offline Airlock Games

• Student
    • Airlock Games
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2014, 09:06:10 PM »
Thanks Elprez! We appreciate the enthusiasm and support!

With less than FIVE HOURS left we've toppled SEVEN stretch goals so far! Next up is the Edo Scutter, a one-cephalopod walker armed with Arc Cannon and Pinchers.

Jump in now!