Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:09:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Support the Pulps  (Read 1570 times)

Offline section 8

• Assistant
    • My Imagination is in Ruins
Support the Pulps
« on: March 25, 2014, 02:52:05 AM »
Not sure how you guys all feel about plastic miniatures but if you would like to see some early 20th century civilians with lots of possibilities for pulp, VBCW, gangsters etc, check this out at the Wargames Factory forums. You might also sign up and give your verbal support as well, they are doing a weekly give away for members and you get entered by just signing up.

If they get enough support for the idea they might do a Kick Starter. ;)
My Imagination is in Ruins. Just like the rest of my life.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: Support the Pulps
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 03:08:29 AM »
I think the set could use more women. Kids too. Men in suits I can get in plenty from Copplestone, etc. But 30's women are rare (too many in Cloches and other obviously 20's wear) and kids rarer still.

I hate to say it but that second sprue is really a lost opportunity.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline section 8

• Assistant
    • My Imagination is in Ruins
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 04:23:32 AM »
I don't disagree with you, but they are only willing to make what they think will sell, which is more the shooty-stabby tpes for skirmish gaming. This is why I think it is important to voice your opinion there. If enough people want female figs then maybe they will include them. My hope was that the might do a spru with females included, or maybe just females as a stretch goal if they did a kickstarter. I think the tooling is $5000 per spru so maybe a stretch goal at the $10,000 mark might be possible.

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 05:12:56 AM »
I'm always on the lookout for good 20's-30's era miniatures.  ;)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 06:30:51 AM »
I don't disagree with you, but they are only willing to make what they think will sell, which is more the shooty-stabby tpes for skirmish gaming. This is why I think it is important to voice your opinion there. If enough people want female figs then maybe they will include them. My hope was that the might do a spru with females included, or maybe just females as a stretch goal if they did a kickstarter. I think the tooling is $5000 per spru so maybe a stretch goal at the $10,000 mark might be possible.

Well, I posted to let them know.

As it stands, their two sprues are almost completely identical. I think if they stick to the current plan, they should either take advantage of the second sprue by offering more variety, or at least save a few pennies and pare down to a single sprue.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 06:37:02 AM by FramFramson »

Offline Traveler Man

• Mastermind
    • The Hetzenberg Chronicles
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 04:18:46 PM »
As I'm on a tight budget I'm all in favor of plastic figures, so I welcome this. More female adventurer types would be good, though. As my wife is fond of pointing out, the female is always more deadly than the male.  ;)
"It's amusing, it's amazing, and it's never twice the same: It's the salt of true adventure, and the glamour of the game."

Talbot Mundy, The Ivory Trail.

http://ajstable.blogspot.com
http://hetzenberg.blogspot.com

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 03:39:25 AM »
....I'm all in favor of plastic figures, ....

I wholeheartedly agree.

I would buy 30's civilians that mix with Pulp Figures and Artizan well and that can easily be converted to 30's/40's civilian zombies. Quality plastics would be ideal.

Yet the bar for miniatures to be purchased by me, even plastic ones, is very high , as life's to short to waste painting Meh figures. Honestly, I have yet to see anything from Wargames Factory that I want to buy, much less paint. Yes, I have considered purchasing several of their plastic sets and looked at them in the flesh at my local shop, and was not impressed. I sincerely hope Wargames Factory do indeed produce minis that are so nice that I want to rush out to buy them. Variety is the spice of life after all. But I will wait to see what they produce, and will not be supporting a kickstarter.

Thank you for asking.