Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:56:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mr.Marx's Project Log - 'Kaiju Monster Battle Hour' [Upd:18.05.14]  (Read 9174 times)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: Mr.Marx's Project Log - 'Kaiju Hunting'
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 06:40:36 PM »
Looking good, we have multiple Kaiju games popping up on here of late, very nice. I have one going myself but haven’t posted anything of it yet.

I’m curious, I only know savage worlds as a fairly light RPG system with skirmish game ad on, but that doesn’t sound to fit with kaiju gaming.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Connectamabob

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 04:31:59 AM »
Looks good so far IMO. My only nit would be the basing on the Kaiju figure: the grassy field base clashes with the urban setting, and also feels out of scale (looking at the fig by itself, the Kaiju seems Mighty Joe Young sized at most because of the scale of the grass).
History viewed from the inside is always a dark, digestive mess, far different from the easily recognizable cow viewed from afar by historians.

Offline Mr.Marx

• Mastermind
    • Bloggity-Blog-Blog / "The Zone"
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 11:40:57 AM »

Just updated the blog with my latest bit of progress - Four Land Sharks.

LINK

Next up: The first of the Earth's Noble Defenders...

Looking good, we have multiple Kaiju games popping up on here of late, very nice. I have one going myself but haven’t posted anything of it yet.

I’m curious, I only know savage worlds as a fairly light RPG system with skirmish game ad on, but that doesn’t sound to fit with kaiju gaming.

Savage Worlds is an incredibly easy going and bendy system, with a really nifty combat system. With only just a few tweaks I'd be happy to run just about anything with it. I've only started playing around with it, but so far its worked really well pitting a party of Evas against a monster of the week.

Looks good so far IMO. My only nit would be the basing on the Kaiju figure: the grassy field base clashes with the urban setting, and also feels out of scale (looking at the fig by itself, the Kaiju seems Mighty Joe Young sized at most because of the scale of the grass).

Already dealt with. I'll post up a picture at some point, but yeah, I felt exactly the same and went at the model with a knife and some gravel to make it look less like he was sitting on a hedge.

MM.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 11:47:52 AM by Mr.Marx »

Offline Mr.Marx

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 12:48:25 AM »
Hey LAF,

Saturday update is up....although its a little late, what with it being the early hours of monday.....

Anyhow, I present the HMS Saint George: LINK

MM

Offline Archie

• Mad Scientist
    • The Grinning Frog
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 09:42:42 PM »
Those land sharks are weird ... would be perfect for a DnD game!

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 12:11:31 AM »
Excellent. :D Inventive use of the last three models. I'm guessing the setting's a bit Neon Genesis Evangelion inspired?

Offline manatic

• Mad Scientist
    • Dawn of the Lead
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 06:14:07 AM »
Looking good so far! Great to see more kaiju projects, I've found that other similar projects help me keep my own motivation up and provide new ideas.

Offline Mr.Marx

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 11:44:54 PM »
I've just added my latest Kaiju to the blog, the Giant Lobster Monster Exoskeletor.

Pop over and have a look if you feel so inclined.

Those land sharks are weird ... would be perfect for a DnD game!

I plan on using them for Warmachine / Hordes, and maybe in my Fallout roleplaying games. I'm getting a fair collection of monsters together now though, so I'm quite sure they'll be clogging up a Dungeon before too long.

Excellent. :D Inventive use of the last three models. I'm guessing the setting's a bit Neon Genesis Evangelion inspired?

Cheers  :)

I'm throwing together all of the tropes of 'giant monster fighting' movies and programs as best I can. NGE is just about my favourite of such settings though, so I'm quite sure it'll steal the lion's share of the limelight.

Looking good so far! Great to see more kaiju projects, I've found that other similar projects help me keep my own motivation up and provide new ideas.

:) Cheers.

MM.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 05:51:12 PM by Mr.Marx »

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 01:37:09 AM »
I've just added my latest Kaiju to the blog, the Giant Lobster Monster Exoskeletor. Pop over and have a look if you feel so inclined.

:D :D :D

I think you're right - I remember seeing that mini at RPE... there it is. Looks great painted up, too. All that red ink worked a treat. :) Nice!

And Ebirah never entered my head til I saw that photo. ;D

Offline Mr.Marx

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 04:02:35 PM »
*Double Post*
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 05:49:08 PM by Mr.Marx »

Offline Mr.Marx

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 04:03:48 PM »
:D :D :D

I think you're right - I remember seeing that mini at RPE... there it is. Looks great painted up, too. All that red ink worked a treat. :) Nice!

And Ebirah never entered my head til I saw that photo. ;D

Cheers!

MM.

Offline Mr.Marx

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2014, 05:09:51 PM »
Finished two Anti-Kaiju guns.

MM.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 05:12:07 PM by Mr.Marx »

Offline Archie

• Mad Scientist
    • The Grinning Frog
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2014, 09:44:27 PM »
Hey Mr Marx ... ever see Gorgo? I have it to show my sons over Easter. I dont think they have ever seen a monster movie before ... its going to be a blast!

Offline Mr.Marx

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2014, 10:50:59 PM »
Hey Mr Marx ... ever see Gorgo? I have it to show my sons over Easter. I dont think they have ever seen a monster movie before ... its going to be a blast!

I absolutely LOVE Gorgo! The scene with a company of centurion tanks, Lee-Enfield armed soldiers and armoured cars dug in on Tower Bridge, attempting to stop a Irish Dinosaur from stomping up the Themes....what could be better?

They are in for a treat!

MM.