Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:33:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690481
  • Total Topics: 118333
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: B.O.S.S. - Bureau of Strange Studies  (Read 17253 times)

Offline Theatralic

• Scientist
Re: Diving into Strange Aeons
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2014, 07:13:25 PM »
I could use some help.
I am struggling with my first small purchases for Antagonists. I know cultists would be a good start, but I haven`t found any I really like. They are all neat and such, but most don`t fit my taste. Often they look more comically than menacing and sinister.

But I quiet like the Hybrids from Black Cat Bases, so I am contemplating to go down that route. A small rural Village whose citizens do Things ( Yeah, never heard that Plotline before  ;D).
At the same Time I am not sure how they would measure up against my More Guns than clothes Wielding Agents. I know I could use the Cultist Profiles instead of Hybrids but I would prefer to keep Guns on them to a minimum.

Do those guys stand up against Treshold without decent fire Support? I like the idea of an Cleaver and other Kitchen Equipment Wielding Mob, but if it doesn`t work in the End it wouldn`t make for a good Time I reckon. What Equipment should I have for a decent Start for my Lurkers? Probably a bit silly as a Question but any help for a Noob is much appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 07:23:34 PM by Theatralic »

My Vintage Dwarfs: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=42987.0

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2014, 07:17:13 PM »
I wouldn't have thought so, but have not used Hybrids yet.

As for substituting profiles: That works as I use the Cultist profile for my Asylum Guards and that works well.

Cheap and not too effective, but saves the points for Maniacs...Maniacs being one of the best Lurkers you can get for their points.

One well placed Maniac charge can really mess up the plans of the Agents.
 ;)

Offline Mathyoo

• Scientist
    • My blog here!
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2014, 10:15:52 AM »
I love hybrids and I got them from BCB as well (mind people complain about their customer service lately, but I had absolutely no problems with them).

I can't say how well they'd do as I never really cared..I just like the way models look, got that "innsmouth" feel to them and random move :D

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2014, 08:31:24 PM »
The cultists I really like are the Servants of Ra from North Star.

http://www.northstarfigures.com/prod.php?prod=5260

They're not cheap but they also have a mummy, an assassin type character, a professor type character and a cult leader figure.

Offline EndTransmission

• Scientist
  • Little horror
    • EndTransmission's random gaming things
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2014, 09:14:18 AM »
I like those cultists too. I wish they sold them separately though...

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2014, 09:25:42 AM »

They're not cheap but they also have a mummy, an assassin type character, a professor type character and a cult leader figure.

All of them VERY useable! I plan to use some fezzed turks (Pulp Figures and Artizan) as cultists for a Death Cult for VuK, and these could fit in nicely.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Theatralic

• Scientist
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2014, 10:00:18 AM »
Thanks a bunch Guys, really nice suggestions. I wished I had seen those cultists before, great Sculpts. For now I am going with Hybrids and Masons lovely sculpts, but those servants of Ra are on my List!.

I ordered from Black Cat Bases and read the complaints only afterwards, now I am kinda scared and hope they come through. Haven`t gotten any response to my order yet only my Money was booked. Cross your fingers for me, I get that they are having problems but in no way I am going to wait as long as some others, I don`t have that kind of money to wait for months over months. Its bussiness after all, either you deliver or you can`t take money from people.

There are loads of othe rmodels I am interested in, but I am going slowly. I would love the fish and serpentmen from Uncle Mike for example, but Battlefield Berlin is allways out of Stock and I can`t pay them 3 to 4 Weeks in advance. I asked them when the next supply is due , lets hope that I will be able to get some then.

Thanks again, can`t wait for masons models :).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:04:34 AM by Theatralic »

Offline Klener Zorn

• Scientist
    • Zorns Blog
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2014, 02:15:59 PM »
But I quiet like the Hybrids from Black Cat Bases, so I am contemplating to go down that route.

do you have a picture of them...they dont have on on their website

Offline Theatralic

• Scientist
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2014, 05:33:40 PM »
Actually they do, but to be honest their Pictures are not allways the Best Sales advert,  quiet the opposite often. But painted they start to look great:

http://blackcatbases.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=437_489&sort=20a&page=2

And painted by Einarolafson:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=38179.360

That man is a beast with his brush, they should use his Pictures to sell those minis. Only quarrel I am having is that I am not going to reach tha level with them  lol.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 05:37:03 PM by Theatralic »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2014, 06:39:43 PM »
That man is a beast with his brush, they should use his Pictures to sell those minis. Only quarrel I am having is that I am not going to reach tha level with them  lol.

I have to agree.
We will ALL have that problem.... ::)

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
  • (A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2014, 07:01:23 PM »

Ive got those, they are really nice

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" ~ H. P. Lovecraft

https://www.facebook.com/nexus.miniatures

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2014, 09:07:21 PM »
Ive got those, they are really nice

Whilst they are very nice figures indeed, the limitations with their weapons makes them a bit impractical game-wise.
If you want a 'useful' Cult in the game you need a variety of weapons ranging from simple clubs and pistols right up to Thompsons and maybe more.

That is why I went for the mix that I did with my own figures.
I tried to cover all the bases of likely options.
 ;)

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2014, 09:11:07 PM »
Whilst they are very nice figures indeed, the limitations with their weapons makes them a bit impractical game-wise.
If you want a 'useful' Cult in the game you need a variety of weapons ranging from simple clubs and pistols right up to Thompsons and maybe more.

That is why I went for the mix that I did with my own figures.
I tried to cover all the bases of likely options.
 ;)

Not being a Strange Aeons player I hadn't actually thought of that. I want them for my Victorian Pulp Alley setting where its not such an issue. I'm glad you pointed that out!  :D

Offline Theatralic

• Scientist
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2014, 09:11:24 PM »
Oh, that brings me to a good point. (Dang it, I am really derailling my own Thread  lol)

How do you equip cultists with better weapons?
I get that they can get skills up to 5BP and that they can have one common weapon, but a Tommy Gun or Shotgun isn`t common, what did I miss? I never found the rule for buying non common equipment for them.

It could be because of my english which isn`t the best, sometimes I strugge with grasping the exact meaning of something  :?

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2014, 09:14:51 PM »
Just pay the points for the weapon. However, you don't get any points back for the 'free' common weapon the cultist comes with...

As long as you don't go over the BP limit set by the Threshold team your Lurkers will be fighting, you are good to go.
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!