Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:46:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: INEPTT AAR Genre 3  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
  • If we don't end war, war will end us.
INEPTT AAR Genre 3
« on: March 29, 2014, 09:49:00 PM »
March 1919, the war is over and yet SOOF is busier than ever! There has been some strange happenings in the Mountains near the Czech border with Austria.

A US entrepreneur by the name of Charles Lackey had purchased Kaja castle near Merkersdorf. Lackey was one of the people SOOF had been watching for their Occult activities and so when people started to disappear in the near by town of Hardegg Austria, two teams were dispatched to find out what was going on. They sent in relatively seasoned teams because Lackey was a known problem and also had money to burn. He was know to hire mercenaries so there was every reason to believe force would be necessary.

Kaja Castle.

Sparsely inhabited the area around Kaja Castle was mostly farmers and woods men. The nearest town was Hardegg more than 3 miles away.

Another shot of the Castle and a farmhouse. Not the Crypts at the bottom of the Castle Hill that holds the nobles who once owned Kaja Castle.

A couple more wood man houses. The entire area was devoid of people.

French SOOF team, two grenadiers, a chauchat lmg, lots of fire power!

Another shot of the French SOOF team.

British SOOF team, two Lewis Gunners and a Sniper. Lots of hitting power with the long range of the Sniper. Although with the heavy woods and no real lines of site the sniper might have been a poor choice.

Lackey and his chief mercenary, Pol Bolgar.

Pol Bolgars mercenaries. Armed with carbines and knives they are dangerous opponents.

Lackey, he carries a B.A.R. as well as a pistol. He wears an iron breast plate under his suit.

As the SOOF teams close on the castle, they come under fire from the mercenaries. Luckily the heavily wooded  area makes it difficult to get clean lines of fire and most shots miss. They do cause a wound on one of the British team.

A sharp fire fight sees two of the French team fall but all three of the mercenaries go down in a hail of bullets.

A view of the last mercenary before he was killed by the Sniper.

Pol tries to hold the gate but he is badly out numbered and is easily overwhelmed.

Lackey runs out of the tower firing his BAR as he runs down the steps. He takes out 2 SOOF members, one from each team, but the two Lewis gunners open fire and even his iron breast plate is no good as he take 2 of 4 hits to the head.

Darkness falls and out comes the reason Lackey bough the castle. The Vampire Lok Haeberstadt rises from his tomb to attack the SOOF teams.

Lok Haeberstadt

The Vampire leaps down amongst the SOOF team. It was a lucky thing the teams were veteran, They both would have failed the fear rolls if they were not well lead. As it was the Vampire tore apart two members and was then ripped up by weapons fire. But firepower alone cannot kill a vampire, you still have to either remove the head or stake the heart. When the teams closed to perform this two more members were torn asunder by the Vampire, but final the Canadian Leader of the British SOOF used his axe to remove the head of Lok and the battle ended. Only 5 team members were still alive but they had done their job. The remains of the Vampire were burned and then dead were buried.

Total playing time only 32 minutes - fast game!
To join INEPTT Yahoo Group email me at - inep-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
or visit the site here - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/INEP/info

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: INEPTT AAR Genre 3
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 12:52:20 PM »
Great report, I like the idea of that iron breastplate! I don't fancy having breakfast in the village of Hardegg, though!  lol

It's a good moment when the vampire appears, I like that last photo.

Offline magokiron

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 09:49:12 PM »
Sounds like a FUN and fast game.

I really liked when the vampire made his unexpected apparition.

Maybe something I have to add to a future game...

Thanks for sharing.
I know you're too old to play with toy soldiers. So give them to me... NOW!

Prof. Dinglebat. Phd.

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 11:38:50 AM »
It's just me, but I always go for the vampire to win in a game.  :(

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 04:57:24 PM »
It's just me, but I always go for the vampire to win in a game.  :(

Agreed, I'd like to get a vampire into one of my games now, I might have a look at the EotD and use one of them in a Pulp setting.

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
  • If we don't end war, war will end us.
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 07:54:33 PM »
We played an INEPTT game early in the development and three brand new teams of 4 agents went up against a Mature Vampire, with his small entourage of mercenaries (AK47 armed guys) and the teams came off much the worse for ware. One team was completely destroyed, the other two were down to 1 or 2 guys left. The teams in this game were Veteran teams though and they still only ran into a mature Vampire. Even with that the teams were hard pressed. The Vampire is no easy opponent in INEPTT games and even veteran teams have to be extremely careful. Had the sunset one or two turns early, before the INEPTT teams were all grouped together, the outcome would have been much different, or if one of the teams failed their morale check. Love this game :D