Forum > Medieval Adventures

Battle of Clontarf?

(1/4) > >>

Vermis:
I finally decided to find out about this, after seeing an Irish History mag dedicated to it. Turns out that in twenty days, it'll be the thousandth anniversary of the battle.

I'm kinda kicking myself. I've got an interest in DA/EM and a growing interest in 'local' battles. If I'd known about it a year ago I'd've tried to organise something, somewhere. As it is I'd have no hope of getting anything done in twenty weeks.  ;D

I had a quick look at the Salute game list, and I might've missed it but I'm slightly disappointed that no-one seems to be doing anything for Clontarf there, either. Seems to have been overshadowed by the WWI centenary? (although I don't begrudge the latter event for that)

So... Is anyone trying out a wee tabletop reenactment, this year? Anyone interested, or know of some other club or show putting one on?

LeadAsbestos:
http://www.clontarf.ie/2014

Some great pics in the old Shieldwall book for WAB. I'd help you do a battle, but I'm across the waters... :(

emperorpenguin:
I'm organising a SAGA game of Clontarf for April 24th at my FLGS in Dublin.
In a bit of a rush to get my 15 points of Irish, Vikings and Norse-Gaels painted!

I'll also be attending the live action re-enactment the preceding weekend

leadfool:
I am putting on a game of Clontarf on Good Friday, 2014.  It is a memorial to our good friend Scott Hayes.  We will be using DBA rules, but with a bit of a twist.  800 or so 28mm figures on really big bases.  I will post some photos afterwards.  We should be able to pull off several games using the simple rules. 
Perhaps if it proves popular, the game will go on the local convention circuit. 

leadfool:
We are but days away form the anniversary.  I am surprised that no one is talking about this.  I mean lots of people talked about the 1000th anniversary of the 1K.  aka 2K.  This is Clontarf 1K.   lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version