Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:41:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686502
  • Total Topics: 118105
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Artizan North West Frontier  (Read 16278 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Artizan North West Frontier
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 07:08:01 PM »
THXYup, I agree

I suppose this means we will see british indian army units too?

Someone mentioned that and it is certainly my hope.... some nice variation of pose in the Afghan Regulars would be fantastic (as well as the Brits and Indians too!)  8)

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 08:10:36 PM »
Yep, Brits and Indian troops for certain, I've seen the greens. Afghan regulars should be making an appearance later too.

You'll definitely be wanting to keep an eye on the officers Nick, there are some that will fit right in with your stuff. Saw a great green today of a British officer with a Pathan style mountain/cold weather coat, I definitely need him in my collection soon.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 08:51:36 PM »
Yep, had a reply on Facebook from the good folk at Northstar that opposition for the Afghans are being moulded as we speak. Well, probably not right now, because its nearly 22:00hrs on a Friday night, but, oh you know what I mean.
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 09:18:04 PM »
Yep, Brits and Indian troops for certain, I've seen the greens. Afghan regulars should be making an appearance later too.

You'll definitely be wanting to keep an eye on the officers Nick, there are some that will fit right in with your stuff. Saw a great green today of a British officer with a Pathan style mountain/cold weather coat, I definitely need him in my collection soon.

Oh goody, looking forward to these. I feel a lead spending spree is on the horizon. Shame I won't see them in the lead at Salute though.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2014, 09:33:02 PM »
Mike Owen has been threatening to do these for about the last ten years - so glad he's finally got round to it.
Maybe there's hope for more sea dogs and swashbucklers after all - he suggested he might do some more of those under the Artizan label about ten years ago as well  :D

God knows I have more than enough pathans in my collection. But I really do feel honour-bound to buy and paint some of these lovely figures. So I suppose I will  :)

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2014, 09:34:14 PM »
Au contraire mon ami (said in my best Peckham accent) the Afghan range will be available on the Wargames Emporium stand at Salute.  ;)

Whether the Brits will be ready by then is anyone's guess but at least you'll get a good gander at the natives. That's of course if Jim unshackles you from the table..

Offline marcusluis

• Scientist
    • marcos painting blog
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 10:45:12 PM »
Will these mix well with the new empress afagans too???

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 11:46:16 PM »
Interesting question. Mike Owen's figures have tended to be on the larger side of things. His WW2 Artizan stuff dwarves my Bolt Action British paras (Paul Hicks)and is noticeably taller than my modern Eurekas and chunkier than modern Empress (Tony Boustead).

His work for Brigade Games is a pretty decent match for Copplestone, size and heft wise. Pure speculation but I'd suggest they will be taller and chunkier. Probably not irreconcilably so but bigger none the less. His figures are always a delight to paint. My one niggle is that their feet often seem too small in proportion to the rest of the figure.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2014, 04:37:30 AM »
Interesting question. Mike Owen's figures have tended to be on the larger side of things. His WW2 Artizan stuff dwarves my Bolt Action British paras (Paul Hicks)and is noticeably taller than my modern Eurekas and chunkier than modern Empress (Tony Boustead).

His work for Brigade Games is a pretty decent match for Copplestone, size and heft wise. Pure speculation but I'd suggest they will be taller and chunkier. Probably not irreconcilably so but bigger none the less. His figures are always a delight to paint. My one niggle is that their feet often seem too small in proportion to the rest of the figure.

'Possibly' solved by putting them on slightly thinner wooden bases me thinks(?). Or raising the Perry stuff slightly [shudders at the thought of re-basing]. My Perry stuff is all on 2 pence pieces which are about (with the Queens faces faced down- wouldn't do to deface Her Majesty with such a range!!!  lol).

Darrell.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2014, 07:42:15 AM »
Au contraire mon ami (said in my best Peckham accent) the Afghan range will be available on the Wargames Emporium stand at Salute.  ;)

Whether the Brits will be ready by then is anyone's guess but at least you'll get a good gander at the natives. That's of course if Jim unshackles you from the table..

He'll never know, I'll just sneak away at an appropriate moment when his back is turned ;) lol

In reality our game is not adjacent to his stand. For some God forsaken reason we have been placed elsewhere in the hall. :?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2014, 08:08:21 AM »
In reality our game is not adjacent to his stand. For some God forsaken reason we have been placed elsewhere in the hall. :?

I noticed that from the plan.
You'll need a runner between the different Malamute/Bibbly forward positions.
Maybe it's time for a promotion for the backdrop boy  ;)

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2014, 01:01:01 PM »
He'll never know, I'll just sneak away at an appropriate moment when his back is turned ;) lol

So realistically you can turn up in the morning to set up, wander around Salute all day, and then help tidy away and Jim'll be none the wiser?..  ;)

Well, as long as he's not reading this.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2014, 01:04:51 PM »
So realistically you can turn up in the morning to set up, wander around Salute all day, and then help tidy away and Jim'll be none the wiser?..  ;)

Well, as long as he's not reading this.

lol

Ssssh! ;)

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2014, 03:34:23 PM »
Will these mix well with the new empress afagans too???

The Empress ones are likely to be a bit smaller and slighter. Also they're about 30 years later so you might need to pick and choose your figures a bit.

Online THE CID

• Mastermind
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2014, 04:23:35 PM »
I can see a Flashman in there on the left of the swordsman. Just ordered some of these beauties.  THE CID
Ive seen things you people wouldn't believe - Roy Batty.