Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:55:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Darkest Star Games 15mm Sci Fi Kickstarter!  (Read 1933 times)

Offline BlackWidowPilot

• Scientist
  • "Mwahahahahaahaaaaaa!!!"
    • "It's Them! Blast 'Em!"
Darkest Star Games 15mm Sci Fi Kickstarter!
« on: April 09, 2014, 08:04:58 AM »
A new take on a classic sci fi miniatures line is being offered by Darkest Star Games, and the opportunity to expand upon the effort has been launched via Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1101721577/darkest-star-games-15mm-scale-dark-star-tanks-and?ref=live

For those of you who may not be familiar with this product line, the 6mm (1/300) scale models and figures were originally produced by Adler Miniatures, themselves being scaled down versions of some still very sharp 25mm scale versions of the two principles troop factions, the Terran Federation and the Ventaurans produced by Denizen Miniatures:

6mm Federation Scorpion LACV

Ventauran troopers in 25mm from Denizen Miniatures

With the rapid growth in the popularity of 15mm (circa 1/100) scale science fiction figures and models for wargaming these past several years, Darkest Star Games has begun to upscale the established 6mm range into 15mm, and expand upon the offerings at the same time:

15mm version of the Federation Talin wheeled IFV.

15mm upscaled models shown next to 6mm metal originals, plus a 15mm Stryker and M60, and a 1/72 scale Stryker for size comparison.

Sci fi civilian cars, various and sundry works in progress, and the sci fi Motor Home of Doom!

My personal stake in this little enterprise is that I have lent some of my kit bashed original sci fi AFVs to the kickstarted effort to serve as the jumping off point for the 3D artist to create two new series of vehicles to join the classic Darkest Star line:

So there it is, people! Hope it is to your liking!  :D
"Uh, guys? There's a red thingee moving towards the green thingee...!!"
Leland R. Erickson
Metal Express
www.silent-death.mx

\\\\\\\"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!\\\\\\\" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus