Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:55:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Spectre Miniatures Preview  (Read 20843 times)

Offline Spectre Miniatures

• Librarian
Re: Spectre Miniatures Preview
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 03:42:35 PM »
To answer the questions..

The period is very near future, which allows us to model some very intersting cutting edge weapons and gear.

We're launching our Kickstarter on the 1st of May. If you back us the miniatures should be with you a few months after that.

The reason for launching a Kickstarter campaign is we need your help to put them into production. We have put in a lot of time and effort to get to this point but our resources are unfortunately finite. Without Kickstarter we would only be able to release them gradually over a long period of time. We would much rather release the whole range of miniatures in one go and if successful build upon that range. With the miniatures already sculpted the potential for problems and delays are significantly reduced. We only need to submit an order with our local supplier and then post the miniatures to our backers. We are also planning to avoid un-realistic stretch goals and rewards that have the potential to derail the whole process.
www.spectreminiatures.com
Bleeding edge warfare in miniature

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 04:10:12 PM »
Near future? Hmn, I want to see IMI Tavors in there somewhere then. ^^

Are there any plans to release Private Military Contractor style miniatures with your Kickstarter? I can see government affiliated operatives, who could easily be used as mercenaries, but will you be releasing any model who are explicitly mercenaries? ...Which presumably amounts to just sticking a pair of sunglasses on the model and an ear piece communicator.

As for vehicles, is that a goal in the future? They're expensive to create, but a few modern, up armoured civilian jeeps (I'm thinking ARMA II here) with turrets fixed on their roofs could be cool. Oh and just the run of the mill Toyotas with AA guns strapped on the back with duct tape would be nice too. Though such things could be made at home, dedicated models would be nice additions.

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 04:33:55 PM »
Private Military Contractors are most definitely in the range. Our Special Forces will have to contend with more than just standard militia. We have lots of ideas and we would love to make some vehicles in the future. But for now we need to concentrate on our Kickstarter and then who knows!

In the meantime keep the reference material coming  :)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 04:52:20 PM »
What's fun with PMCs is that they don't have to retain the uniformness of regular the regular military. It'd be nice to see less commonly used weaponary or mainstray guns fitted out with plenty of attachments on your models. Of course stetsons and shemagh would be nice too (because not everyone needs to wear a baseball cap to scream mercenary ^^).  Would female contactors be a possibility? I assume that PMCs can be more lax than the military (though that said the recently there's been a push to allow women into more roles).

For all of it being a meh film, the British PMCs in the Hurt Locker would make unusual models. A guy dressed like that with a Barrett M82 could be a nice kickstarter exclusive. ...Though yeah, that's just my own little fantasy of course.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2014, 12:43:14 AM »
they could also do double duty as some well equipped Arab militia
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2014, 11:44:28 AM »
Will this be up on Kickstarter before it goes live on 1st May so we can see what's on offer?

Offline OldTimer

• Student
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2014, 08:40:34 PM »
I too am greatly interested in this Kickstart.  I'm hoping, since I am unable to travel across the 'pond" for Salute that the CIA chap will somehow find his way into the offerings.  This area is quite in demand.  Should be on board as of May 1.

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2014, 10:35:50 PM »
Had a chat with the guys this afternoon at Salute and thought I should share my intel  ;)

The range is pretty much sculpted (KS is for production costs) and includes a Delta team (4 or 5 guys plus a dog), the already shown CIA ops, an SAS team (4 men), at least one pack of 4 African regulars, a pack of African dictators/leaders, and a horde of about 40 different irregulars/gang members. 

I didn't catch the name of the guy I spoke to (I think he had a beard, but that's all!), but he seemed like a man with a plan and a jolly nice chap to boot!

Some of the posing is excellent and they seem to be purposefully designed to scale well with Empress (good news in my book). Can't wait to slap some paint on my CIA operator, and get in on the KS - of which it was said that at the top level of pledge you'll get the range of 60 figures for about £2 a pop.

That's all I can remember!   :D

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2014, 11:03:42 PM »
Useful info Cypher, thanks. The gang members do sound interesting..

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2014, 08:54:41 AM »
I'm more curious about the beard...

Offline EndTransmission

• Scientist
  • Little horror
    • EndTransmission's random gaming things
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2014, 09:28:16 AM »
There was also talk at Salute yesterday about backers being given their accompanying ruleset for free as a pdf with a book later (or something)

• Librarian
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2014, 04:11:11 PM »
We'd like to say a huge and very warm thank you to everyone who came to see us at Salute yesterday. We were thrilled with the support and feedback you gave us!

Our next step is to focus on our Kickstarter Launch on the 1st of May. We're also continuing work on our beta rules set so that we can release them to you as soon as possible. Thanks again, you guys made it a great show!

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2014, 04:21:44 PM »
Met the team yesterday.  Looks a really nice product and thanks for the CIA freebie mini, very nice. A few pics:
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2014, 04:28:27 PM »
Oh and please reconsider your rule proposal for no civilians in gaming terms. You can't have an African based wargame without them! ;)

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2014, 04:31:44 PM »
The more I see of this the more interested I'm getting!