Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:08:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691095
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 880
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Leagues on the cheap series: Scaled Lords. (Thoughts please)  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
  • Most of what I say is lost in translation.
I came up with this idea over the weekend, I am going to see how many cheap (Around 25 dollars for a 300 point team) leagues I can make. Here is the first league made up entirely of reaper bone minis I have put 20 dollars into it so far and another 5 is likely for a third lizard man and 6 more goblins or kobold (Bringing the horde up to 20).
This is my first attempt at a mob league with a lot of weak figures and a few tough figures. I have put 20 minutes into this league so short bio and stats but not official yet and I have not figured out the final point cost pre figure.

Snake Priest (Bones Snakeman Warriors)
The last of the old order of Servitors the snake priest are the least barbaric of the surviving servitor races. They retain their knowledge of blacksmith to make proper weapons and though they no longer understand why they can maintain the ancient sleeping chambers of the scaled lords. Their devotion to the lords also allows them to use trinkets that give them access seeming mystical powers.
Stats
Pluck: 3+ FV: +3 SV: +3  Speed: +1
Skills:  Leadership 2, Marksmen, up to 30pts my mystical Powers
Gear: Scales (chainmail), Sword, Warbow

Lizard man Chief (Bones Lizardman warriors)
These predatory lizards were once the soldiers of the Scaled Empire but now lizard men have degraded the most of all the surviving servitors. Dwelling on the fringes of the Snake Priest empire these servitors made small hunting packs feeding on other servitors, each other and the wildlife that dwelled in the caverns. Sometimes allies and often the enemies of the Snake Priests the Lizard men were the last of servitors to rejoin the new empire, and even now their are many packs that have not bowed their heads.
Stats
Pluck: 3+ FV: +3 SV: +1  Speed: +1
Skills: Leadership 1, tough, berserker
Gear: Scales (chain-mail), Spiked club, darts (throwing knives). Shield

Lizard Men (Lizard men Spearmen and warrior sculps)
Stats
Pluck: 4+ FV: +2 SV: +1  Speed: +1
Skills: Tough
Gear: Scales (Chain mail), Spear, Darts (Throwing knives)

Can take Shield for appropriate point cost.

Greater Servitor (Bones Marsh Troll)
Greater Servitors are the builders, artisans and labourers of the Scaled empire, hulking herbivores that once created some of the most wondrous architecture the world has never seen. Before the return of the scaled lords they dwelled in fortified enclaves built into the walls of the caverns, avoiding the other surviving servitors and fighting when necessary.
Stats
Pluck: 3+ FV: +3 SV: +0  Speed: 0
Skills:  Tough, Berserker,
Gear: Thick Scales (Plate), Bloody great Club (Waraxe)
Can take swim +2 Points
Least Servitors (Bones Goblins, Kobolds and pathfinder goblins)
Least Servitors are the weakest smallest and most diverse of the servitors, lesser servitors are actually several different creatures bred to do different job within the empire. As such a lesser servitor community will have many different creatures dwelling together. Able to interbreed often and with successful results in the least servitors being the most populous of all the servitors.  The Snake Priest keep the lesser servitors as slaves, cannon fodder and occasional snacks. Least Servitors are fanatically loyal to the scale lord and often used to overwhelm their enemies with numbers alone.
Stats
Pluck: 6+ FV: +1 SV: +1  Speed: +2
Skills:  Fantic
Gear: Fighting Knife.  Weak scales (Lined coat)

Can take bow for +4 points
Can take Spear for +5 points  
Can take Swim +2 per model
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 09:42:53 PM by Irishrover13 »
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
Re: Leagues on the cheap series: Scaled Lords. (Thoughts please)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 06:48:44 PM »
Is this for IHMN or a fantasy variant?

Either way it looks good  :D
My sincerest contrafibularities
General Lord Craig Arthur Wellesey Cartmell (ret'd)
https://theministryofgentlemanlywarfare.wordpress.com/

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 09:54:45 PM »
Both. I am going to be using mostly reaper bones for the minis for this series so they will be all combo and until next december they are primarily pulp or fantasy. 

Offline Craig

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Youth & Talent are no match for Age and Treachery.
    • The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 05:34:16 AM »
So somewhere in the deepest Amazon then?  lol

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 04:02:40 PM »
Or darkest Africa.
Or the Icelandic volcano Snæfellsjökull.
Quick poorly written back story.
Scaled Empire

Deep Beneath the surface of the world dwells the remnants of an civilization ancient beyond the reckoning of man. When the great scaled lords roamed the land so too did the servitor races. They served their masters as warriors, priests and labourers. Then the the great terror struck the land, fire and blackness drove the servitors deep below the surface, and while they took what scaled lords they could and the eggs of those they could not but most died on the surface first in fire and then in ice. Deep into the earth the servitors traveled until they found a strange second world made up of hundreds of vast caverns, heated by fire in the center of the earth and light by strange lights far above their heads. The Servitors helped their masters establish new homes in these tunnels and caverns but it was not enough, there were too few Scaled Lords and their eggs would take very long to hatch so the remainders decided to put themselves into a deep sleep while their servitors cared for them. Planned to sleep a single century went wrong.

Untold Aeons have passed and the civilization of the servitors has ebbed and flowed like the tide, the only constant is the caring for the scaled lords. Currently the servitors are in a dark age, much of the wondrous technology they created has degraded and much of their vast knowledge is lost. It is in this dark age though that the scaled lords have begun to awaken. Eggs long thought dormant are hatching and the children of scaled lords once more walk with the servitors. The First action of the scaled lords was to establish control of the caverns and reunite the servitors under their banner. Once that was done the lords have declared they wish to reemerge into the sunlight and have begun sending scouting missions to the surface.

Offline Trix2K

• Assistant
  • "Deeper than deep... like TOTALLY deep!"
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 10:43:47 PM »
...Or as the name of the first supplement implies:  "Heroes, Villains and Fiends".

There are five Reaper Bones figs that are steampunk-ish.  Another company could be built using demons and monster (which there are no shortage of) that would fall under the "Fiends" category.  Basically an evil sorcerer and his minions/summoned creatures.
"Nothin's there..." means something's hiding.

Offline Trix2K

• Assistant
  • "Deeper than deep... like TOTALLY deep!"
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 10:45:05 PM »
BTW, great idea Rover.  ;)

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 11:48:20 PM »
I have a half dozen different leagues I want to make and
I what to do a Mummy League, a Necromancer/ Vampire league (less Vlad and more creepy ghouls), A league of greek monsters Medusa minatour and the greek skeletons. I was thinking of an alternate portal jumping group of Fantasy Heros. I have the outline for a group of Neo-druids or real druids out of the Moors.
The Demon league is a great idea.