Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:03:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Hold the Line Convention, Toronto Canada. Pre-Reg is Now Open!  (Read 5857 times)

Offline vonplutz

• Librarian
    • Žorsteinn į Heišini
Come join us at Canada’s newest miniatures convention! The inaugural Hold the Line convention will be hosted on July 12th, from 9AM to 11PM, at the Royal Canadian Legion Hall 101 in Toronto. Come to peruse the products of Canada’s top miniatures vendors, play demo games and test your painting mettle in the Golden Helmet painting contest! Get all the details at www.holdtheline.ca

We are also looking for GMs to host games! If you are interested running a game please visit the registration page and fill in the registration form.

General registration will open shortly so keep your eyes on the website to secure your attendance. For more updates find us on Facebook, G+ and Twitter.

Hope to see you all on July 12th!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 12:40:49 AM by vonplutz »

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
Re: Hold the Line Convention, Toronto Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 03:25:49 AM »
This is fantastic news!
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline AlexM

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 02:31:19 PM »
Registration should open soon, we're just looking to lock in some of the GMs.

Make sure you tell your friends!

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 07:14:47 AM »
Very cool!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 10:34:44 PM »
I'm going to do my best to be there!

Offline AlexM

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 03:40:40 PM »
Hello everyone!

We are very excited to announce our first sponsor for Hold the Line -  Too Fat Lardies!

We would also like to announce that game schedules and vendors are beginning to show up on our website, so go check it out at www.holdtheline.ca. To date we have confirmed two DBA tournaments and a Deep Wars participation game!

Expect the list of activities and vendors to grow in the coming days. If you are interested in hosting a game please fill out the GM registration form.

Do you want to contribute some input? Check out our Facebook, G+ and Twitter pages and leave us a comment. Keep an eye on these for more updates!

We hope to see you all on July 12th!

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 06:06:56 PM »
Wish I could make it over... my other half used to work in there and it's worth a long holiday just to see the sights and of course, pop into the show  :)

Hope all goes swimmingly.

Darrell.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 08:41:30 PM »
Well, I'll try to get there! So close, and yet, so far! ::)

Offline vonplutz

• Librarian
    • Žorsteinn į Heišini
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 11:15:43 PM »
For you out of towners, there is always Air B&B. We'd love to have you come!

Offline vonplutz

• Librarian
    • Žorsteinn į Heišini
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 01:04:55 PM »
Can you survive a trench run against the Death Star? Do you have what it takes to survive the Battle Tech Anvil, all day? Find out at Hold the Line on July 12th in Toronto. More and more games are being added to our schedule ranging from X-Wing to Flames of War to Dystopian Wars, so take a look. If you are interested in running a game yourself it is not too late, sign up using the GM Sign up form.

Check us out on Facebook, G+ and Twitter pages and leave us a comment. Keep an eye on these for more updates!

Offline AlexM

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 03:14:23 PM »
Hold the Line is very pleased to announce our partnership with Wounded Warriors Canada in running a charity raffle! All proceeds from the raffle will go to this wonderful cause, helping those wounded in body and soul while fighting for Canada, and all that Canada stands for. We have had generous donations from sponsors all over the world to make this into what we expect will be a huge success full of great prizes!

Our gracious sponsors have collectively donated over $1000 worth of goodies to be won throughout the day, look out for great products from: Too Fat Lardies, a painted figure from Massive Voodoo, Wargames Factory, Secret Weapon Miniatures, Knuckleduster Miniatures, Privateer Press, Armies Army, Figone, Spartan Games, Elhiem, Oniria Miniatures, Battlefront, Mantic Games, Vepa Miniatures, Sgt Black Art, Radio Dish Dash / Skirmish Sangin, FG Miniz, High Calibre, and lots more to come!

Hopefully everyone's brushes are busy getting ready for the Golden Helmet! Check our site for all the rules and category information here --> The Golden Helmet

Games are getting scheduled quickly and available slots will soon be filled up! GMs make sure to book your game soon!

Pre-registration will be open in a few days - we have limited tickets available, so register early, plus, you save $5!

All the info can be found at holdtheline.ca

Offline vonplutz

• Librarian
    • Žorsteinn į Heišini
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 12:39:00 AM »
Pre-Registration for Hold the Line is now open! Register here to guarantee a spot. Space is limited so don’t delay!

We’re almost a month away, so hopefully, everyone is busy in the studio painting away for the Golden Helmet contest! Alex and Anthony from The Bent Bristle are preparing some beginner modelling and painting seminars, so keep an eye out for more info!

We have even more cool prizes for the raffle - tickets will be on sale the day of, and go to a fantastic cause helping Wounded Warriors. Make sure to buy as many tickets as you can to have a chance to win painted figures by world class artists, and tons of great rules and miniatures donated by our sponsors.

See you all on July 12th!

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
Re: Hold the Line Convention, Toronto Canada. Pre-Reg is Now Open!
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 12:15:07 PM »
I registered. I didn't have to fill anything out though. Just paid through Paypal.
Did I screw something up?

Offline AlexM

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 03:09:14 PM »
Nope Johnno! As long as you registered through the Eventbrite link on our site, you're all set. Did you get a confirmation?

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 03:32:00 PM »
This sounds like it is shaping up really well.

Good luck, chaps!
 :D