Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:36:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690848
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Leagues on the Cheap series (Orcs!)  (Read 907 times)

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
  • Most of what I say is lost in translation.
Leagues on the Cheap series (Orcs!)
« on: April 11, 2014, 04:04:58 PM »
Disaster is London! Scores dead! Unknown invaders! 

Scores of our dogged defenders lie in hospitals or graves this evening after the strangest event this reporter has ever seen. Stranges lights were reported late last night in a east London park and due to the recent activities by hostile foreign nationals a goodly detachment of our lads in blue back with a few members of special branch were sent to poke around and see what was what.

As they arrived strange beastial men begain to pour out of the park towards our stout keepers of justice. Larger and stronger than our lads these green skined brutes carried archaic but deadly weapons. With bestial roars and stinging arrows they began to push the thin blue line back and well it bowed our brave bobbies did not brake. And as yo u will see all hope was not lost. Why you might ask? Well as luck would have it a detachment of our Men is Red were drinking at a nearby pub and noticed a squad of special branch run by the windows to redeploy away from the enemy, while the bobbies continued to hold them in the park. The Captain who was just checking in on his men before heading to the Officers club lead his men out of the building, borrowed the weapons the special branch officers were carry, though many of his men still entered the battle grimmly with little more knives and clubs. This move by the soldiers allowed the special branch office the chance to lead his men to find more reinforcements.

With the new reinforcements the bobbies were able to hold the invaders back until detachments of Cavalry and Infantry  as well as the departments own armoured steam lorry arrived. After this is was simply a game of number and the invaders were driven back into the park where they disappeared into a strange ball of light. Scientists and some of the greatest minds this city has ever seen have been called in to investigate the park and find out more from the corpses of the invaders.

And my good readers you will find reports of these attack all over the world, in many place the citizens were not so lucky, as the creatures overwhelmed the poorly train constables of those cities and killed hundreds before mysteriously returning to whence they came.

Alright that was fun to write. I am still working on the Scaled Empire for balancing and point cost but I wanted to share that. I have always loved the premiss behind the original Warcraft Game and I want to bring the idea of dimensional invaders to IHMN well also continuing to work on my Fantasy idea. So here is the second Leagues on the cheap. As with the Scaled Empire this league will be useable in normal IHMN as well as for the Fantasy sub genre I am throwing together (Mostly new weapons and league lists not changing the rules). Anastasia is the only available in IHMN. I will officially stat these out this weekend with the points.

All figures are Bones reapers also expect stats tonight or tomorrow as well as the finalized stats for the Scaled Empire.
Leaders: Dimensional renegade Anastasia -Rosie, Chronotechnician ($2.29)
Orc King- Kavorgh, Orc Warboss ($3.29)
Mix and match as needed you can’t use all models.
Orc Captains spear - Orc Hunter (Spear) ($2.79)
Orc Captains Archers - Orc Sniper (Archer) ($2.79)
Orc Captain Swords - Orc Marauder (Sword and Shield) ($2.79)
Troops- mix them up you do not need both spears and swords
Orc Berserker - Orc Berserker (Two Handed Sword) ($2.79)
Spear orcs - 77003: Orc Spearmen (3) ($5.49)
Sword Orcs - Orc Swordsman (3) ($5.49)
Archers- 77002: Orc Archers (3) ($5.49)
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis