Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:00:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690831
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Perry Miniatures Agincourt to Orleans Plastics  (Read 18444 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Perry Miniatures Agincourt to Orleans Plastics
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2014, 05:30:09 AM »
Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but aren't grey versions of the WIP models further down the production track than greens? Maybe we will see these next year, after all.

I was thinking/wishing something similar.... maybe these 'three ups' were started a while ago and maybe, just maybe they will be ready for October this year???  ??? ??? ???. Truth be told, I just don't know.

For those that know about the period, how different were the French and English styles of armour at the time? Their metal range doesn't provide seperate packs for each, but it seems that there'll be a French and an English box for these.

Not really. Some minor differences depending on the time frame but if you're just starting out I really wouldn't worry about it. Worry about getting then heraldry correct instead  lol.

Darrell.

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2014, 10:08:07 AM »
The school club are Burning the Whitehouse this summer (1814) but already looking at Harfleur for 2015.
...Just to remind the world that the English scored one military victory every 101 years?  ::)

how different were the French and English styles of armour at the time?

I don't think there was differences in men-at-arms armour between England and north-west France. As Atheling says, heraldry is more typical.
But you can have more differences in local styles of lesser soldiers who were sometimes included in these armies (if you put in some Basques or Irish etc).

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 12:14:49 PM by Patrice »

Offline MattW

• Librarian
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2014, 12:41:33 PM »
I was thinking/wishing something similar.... maybe these 'three ups' were started a while ago and maybe, just maybe they will be ready for October this year???  ??? ??? ???. Truth be told, I just don't know.

... Maybe they're just black-and-white shots of the greens.  lol

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2014, 10:12:03 PM »
This is perfect, I can mix and match parts from these with the WOTR boxes for Game of Thrones armies!  Using the simpler visor-less HYW bascinets for the Starks and the WOTR sallets for the Lannisters would be a nice easy way to distinguish them, and also make them a bit less historical looking.

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2014, 10:05:08 PM »
Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but aren't grey versions of the WIP models further down the production track than greens? Maybe we will see these next year, after all.

I believe that the colour of the putty has nothing to do with the progress along the production timeline :) Sometimes sculptors use greenstuff, and sometimes they use ProCreate graystuff. I personally like graystuff better because it has some better properties (you can adhere thinner amounts to surfaces, etc.).

Sometimes though gray masters of the three-ups mean that some moulding has begun, but the images below look to me like 'greens' made with graystuff. The shine is the giveaway... Then again, it could just be a black and white photo of a couple of greens as well!

</end ramble>

thanks
n

Offline zirrian

• Librarian
  • 1:72 enthusiast
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2014, 04:53:25 PM »
I believe that the colour of the putty has nothing to do with the progress along the production timeline :) Sometimes sculptors use greenstuff, and sometimes they use ProCreate graystuff. I personally like graystuff better because it has some better properties (you can adhere thinner amounts to surfaces, etc.).

Sometimes though gray masters of the three-ups mean that some moulding has begun, but the images below look to me like 'greens' made with graystuff. The shine is the giveaway... Then again, it could just be a black and white photo of a couple of greens as well!

</end ramble>

thanks
n

The grays are the same as the greens that were photographed on Salute. I think this is a giveaway.

Offline Devoted of Slaanesh

• Scientist
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2014, 05:36:08 PM »
From their FB page: 3-ups of foot knights 1450-1500. These will be plastic 28mm and are just going into tooling. They will be out later in the year, we'll post here when we have a more certain date.

So there is hope for recent production, without a firm date. ;)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2014, 05:39:58 PM »
From their FB page: 3-ups of foot knights 1450-1500. These will be plastic 28mm and are just going into tooling. They will be out later in the year, we'll post here when we have a more certain date.

So there is hope for recent production, without a firm date. ;)

Yahoooooo!!!!!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

In time to paint a lot of them up for the Agincourt at Salute!!!

Darrell.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2014, 07:03:33 PM »
Foot Knights 1450 to 1500

So that will be the Wars of the Roses ones then? Sorry guys.  ;)

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2014, 08:34:49 PM »
...Just to remind the world that the English scored one military victory every 101 years?  ::)

Just giving them the bits of history that are not on the curriculum - and if it involves English victories that's either coincidence, or there are a lot to choose from :~}
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
    • http://modhails-meanderings.blogspot.com/
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2014, 10:25:33 PM »
How did I miss this... :-*
Brilliant news!

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2014, 10:31:35 PM »
In time to paint a lot of them up for the Agincourt at Salute!!!
Foot Knights 1450 to 1500
So that will be the Wars of the Roses ones then?
Yes. But I restrained myself to be the first to correct it.  :D

Just giving them the bits of history that are not on the curriculum - and if it involves English victories that's either coincidence, or there are a lot to choose from.
Well done fastolfrus - I was waiting for some English-sided answer to my remark  ;)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2014, 08:56:51 AM »
Just giving them the bits of history that are not on the curriculum - and if it involves English victories that's either coincidence, or there are a lot to choose from :~}

Touchy subject... a future British History curriculum is likely to contain nothing but 'English' victories.  ;)

Yes. But I restrained myself to be the first to correct it.  :D

I've learnt breaking bad news is best done quickly and as soon as possible, it causes less emotional damage.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 08:58:53 AM by Arlequín »

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2014, 11:53:26 AM »
On an aside; every time I see Perry Miniatures I think of that Bloodhound Gang song.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2014, 04:52:49 PM »
This is perfect, I can mix and match parts from these with the WOTR boxes for Game of Thrones armies!  Using the simpler visor-less HYW bascinets for the Starks and the WOTR sallets for the Lannisters would be a nice easy way to distinguish them, and also make them a bit less historical looking.

Uh-huh. :) I was wondering about mixing them with Fireforge foot sergeants for north and nightswatch. Or just using them straight. And mixing with Mantic ghouls and zombies. ;) I guess I'll have to twiddle my thumbs 'til they're released to make a decision.