Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:46:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 711
Total: 716

Recent

Author Topic: New Crossed Lances Rules, Miniatures & Player Aids  (Read 2369 times)

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
New Crossed Lances Rules, Miniatures & Player Aids
« on: April 13, 2014, 02:28:51 PM »
This week has been a busy week for all those involved with Crossed Lances medieval tournament rules with newly released rules, game aids and miniatures.
Crossed Lances Rules for Foot Melee and Archery Contest

The second rulebook for Crossed Lances provides rules for running the Foot Melee and the Archery Contest together with rules for running a complete tournament with a  Games-master. This section includes rules for intrigues, dastardly deeds and crowd events.

Three New Miniatures from Curteys Miniatures for Crossed Lances

Mounted Herald reading Scroll
Mounted Referee
Mounted Trumpeter

I've written a painting guide for these, which I will be posting on my hobby site later in the week.

New Player Aids from Sally 4th
We have added Lord specific Lord and Shield tokens for the last five Lords from the initial release. These tokens can be used instead of the generic set of Lord and Shield tokens to differentiate the specific skills of Lords in the tournament. Each set has a different mix of modifiers and comes with a full colour set of self-adhesive heraldry to apply to the back of the tokens.

•   Earl of Oxford
•   Sir William Wallace
•   Thomas 3rd Lord Berkley
•   Lord Otten Cazeneuvre
•   Sir Philip Darcy
 All of these products are available from Sally 4th, Crossed Lances, Curteys Miniatures, Scale Creep in the USA and many other games retailers.

Full details at :

http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/New_Releases
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: New Crossed Lances Rules, Miniatures & Player Aids
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 08:06:16 PM »
You have me intrigued!  :)

I have the feeling that those rules would be great for 'bring and joust' events:

Build a tournament site/field/whatever, provide the rules, and let the players bring their participants for the various contests. Each player could bring a knight (himself) with an entourage of which some could be entered for the not-so-chivalric disciplines like archery and so...
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 05:48:24 AM »
Hi Argonor,

Your right... the rules are great for running tournament participation games at shows. The Crossed Lance's team (Peter & Martin) have already taken it to run Tournaments at a couple of UK shows and will be running full Tournament at Scarborough and Derby shows later in the year and I know that a Tournament field is being built by a customer in Australia to run Crossed Lance's Tournaments at some of their big shows. Peter & Martin have also mentioned the possibility of running an inter-club Jousting League.

Exciting times, and the great thing about it is that you only need two miniatures to start playing!

Offline Crossedlances

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 04:42:55 PM »
The playing tokens looked superb on our jousting table, busy day for us, sore throats from talking and explaining the game....Thanks Chris people liked the idea of their own shields, I showed them mine that you kindly did for us..!!
Martin Knight family historian and military history

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 04:55:26 PM »
The playing tokens looked superb on our jousting table, busy day for us, sore throats from talking and explaining the game....Thanks Chris people liked the idea of their own shields, I showed them mine that you kindly did for us..!!

Of course ppl should make their own heraldry - I can see a whole new sub-genre of medieval gaming emerge from this, where players start out with a single knight and his squires, then building a small warband to take on other players outside the tournament field, too, and eventually building a model castle to defend with even more followers  ;D

Maybe only 1 in 10 would go the whole way, but even so... I think I would add a couple of minis to my entourage for each event, seeing it grow slowly over time.

I think I need those rules... It would be a nice feature at my small private mini-con that I've started to arrange (and plan to do twice a year)   :D

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 10:45:17 PM »
I just tried to order both rulebooks, but your system won't let me. Keeps postulating I haven't filled out all required fields in the address section...

Sent you a note through the contact form.

OK....

Source of the problem:
'Billing address' does not have 'phone' as a required field, but the system lets you select billing address as delivery address. Delivery address, however HAS phone as a required field, so I get an error message, with NO clue what so ever is missing.

I had to enter my profile to see what was wrong, then enter my phone number. After that, order could be completed.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:56:03 PM by Argonor »

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 11:40:01 PM »
Hi Niels,

Sorry about ordering problems, we made telephone number mandatory on delivery address because if we book a courier they need telephone number before we can book delivery. I have now made telephone mandatory on billing address as well.

Thanks for your order. If you need a Castle for your knight to defend when he's not jousting, Sally 4th does a good range of those as well!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 07:44:06 AM »
Hi Niels,

Sorry about ordering problems, we made telephone number mandatory on delivery address because if we book a courier they need telephone number before we can book delivery. I have now made telephone mandatory on billing address as well.

Thanks for your order. If you need a Castle for your knight to defend when he's not jousting, Sally 4th does a good range of those as well!

Having the same mandatory fields in both is a good idea  ;)

And, yes, I've been looking at your castles, but I think I'm going to start building or buying a small stone house and making a low wall (or palisade) surrounding a to represent a lowly knight - then slowly add outbuildings and a village. before making a small keep. Just like many castles evolved. Should work educational for my kids to participate in.  ;)

Offline Crossedlances

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 01:33:42 PM »
A huge delay by the printers we can only apologise and can assure everyone we have the second set at Peters and will be rushing them out this week.

Again apologises and be sure we will not use this printer again.

Martin