Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:24:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm Indian and Pakistani figures  (Read 3281 times)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Re: 28mm Indian and Pakistani figures
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 09:05:56 PM »
That Ebob would be the sculptor is suggested by the photo of his work. Alas, that's somewhat undermined by the following passage from the KS page:

"I have mitigated this risk by lining up 8 different sculptors who are willing to work at rates within the budget of this project."

My reading of that is, that Ebob might not ultimately be the sculptor or sculptors may be substituted for part of the range. It might be sensible to linevup a reserve bench but it's hardly comforting to anyone contemplating investing. Who are these sculptors, do their styles match?

I have a reasonable idea of what it takes to get a master sculpted by a professional sculptor. That you aren't prepared to shell out a piddling amount to get a test sculpt completed, does not inspire confidence.

Sorry, due to its exotic nature I might have been tempted by this KS but if there's no personal investment I'm not going there.

Good luck with it though.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 11:42:54 PM »
Exactly, I like the idea of some Indian and Pakistani troops. Would definitely like to see some pakta helmets.
Next time might want to try maybe adding some pics of what your trying to complete. Like of the Pakistan troops and Indian troops. Maybe try the idea agine at a later date.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline EdDowgiallo

• Student
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 12:04:54 AM »
This will be tried again at a later date.  I will definitely include more pictures and more details.

Thank you,
Ed

Offline Hobbit

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 09:05:27 AM »
Ed,

Sorry if this appears to be a case of piling onto the bandwagon of kicking you and/or your kickstarter (and this really does go against my nature) but you did make requests very, very recently in other forums for info on TO&Es on the conflict. I, for one, made a number of suggestions for places where you could look for info and didn't get the courtesy of a reply. Furthermore when others suggested that they may get around to doing that research at some point in the future your response suggested that you wanted them to do it for you rather than put in effort yourself.

I can't speak for others but I enjoy poking around for info and it challenges my googlefu to do so. It often takes me off in directions that I hadn't dreamed of BUT it would be nice to have some sort of response even if it takes the form of "thanks but I'd already discovered that" and/or "here's what I already know; can anyone add to it?".

I wish you every success but to echo the sentiments of others this doesn't look well thought out or researched in advance,

Kind regards,

Andy
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 09:08:50 AM by Hobbit »

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 10:50:28 AM »
I've asked for a bigger bandwagon... this one's getting cramped.  ;)

Offline EdDowgiallo

• Student
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 02:31:00 PM »
Actually hobbit, I've spent quite a few hours on the internet in recent weeks looking for TO&E information.  I've found that unlike the United States, India and Pakistan regard low level TO&E as sensitive information.  In spite of that, it is possible to piece together the information.  I will be sharing what I have found on the TO&Es mailing list.

Since I have already put out some information on TO&E sections for India and Pakistan requesting verification of what I have found, I'm not quite sure where you get the impression that I'm looking for free labor.

I had been hoping this information would already have been put together by wargamers or military enthusiasts and available in the form of a book or ruleset supplement that I could purchase.  Since this seems not to be the case, I have started collecting low level TO&E information in general with the intention of eventually publishing it, perhaps as article for SoTCW.  We'll see.

A couple of you seem uncomfortable with the idea that I am subcontracting most of this and not putting in a lot of upfront money.

As far as subcontracting goes, this is basically the OEM concept that has been around in manufacturing for half a century.

As far as putting in upfront money goes, any company will do a market survey before investing in product development for an untried market.  Kickstarter provides a means of doing this for free, so why wouldn't I?  It makes it more feasible to attack a lot of areas where no figures have been previous produced.

I am putting up front money into a different line of miniatures which my company will release later this year.  That however is going into a subject with an established market.  I don't plan on going the route of Obscure Miniatures.

Who are the 12 people who voted for Pakistani troops in this forum's poll?  I'd like to hear from them.  Or should I not take those poll votes seriously?

There's still plenty of room in the current bandwagon, feel free to pile on.

Ed

Offline Hobbit

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 03:05:13 PM »
Hi Ed,

Really, really not looking to start a fight, but you made enquiries on another forum where I responded by identifying a few places where you could make enquiries and even posted a link to a low level org for Indian forces (even if it lacked specific equipment info) - I happened across this whilst researching other material but recalled your earlier enquiry.

As I said I enjoy doing the Googling as it leads me off into areas that I'd never usually look at and this was one of those areas. If I've found it for free I'll gladly share it for free  :) My point really was that an acknowledgement of a reply to your enquiry would have been nice.

To be honest I now regret having said anything on this forum and I don't wish to overblow anything. I genuinely wish you well and I'll bow out of this gracefully if I may,

kind regards,

Andy

Offline EdDowgiallo

• Student
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 04:50:45 PM »
Andy,

I do apologize for not acknowledging your help on TO&E.

Thank you for helping.

Ed

Offline Hobbit

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 07:28:15 PM »
PMs exchanged and all mended  :)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 09:32:31 PM »
Apologies if my criticism sounded aclittle harsh. I now realise this wasn't intended as a real project, merely a free exercise in marketing research. Maybe let us know, the next time whether it's for real. Perhaps you could start your blurb with 'THIS IS NOT A DRILL'  :)