Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:50:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Getting started with WWW2  (Read 8420 times)

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Re: Getting started with WWW2
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 01:36:01 PM »
Maybe you need some real WWII rules like Rapid Fire? :?
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Innsmouth-Fritz

• Assistant
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 05:55:54 PM »
Maybe you need some real WWII rules like Rapid Fire? :?

Do it like the famous matakishi? Would be an option for me.... those Multi-Bases required are easily buildt and with a little help of Neodym-magnets single-based Miniatures stick on them. If SOTR isnīt what I need I`ll give it a try, thanks for the hint.  :)

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 07:44:20 PM »
Matakishi has some excellent ideas, and I like the idea of multi-purpose basing.

Offline Pappa Midnight

• Mastermind
  • Web-Fu 10th Dan Blackbelt
    • Pappa Midnight Presents Displaced Miniatures
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 08:38:26 PM »
Rules-wise I really like SOTR. It's simple to play with LOTS of options and you can build your own mechs, which is a real bonus for me!!! :D

I haven't tried it with the large numbers you are suggesting, but the rules seem robust enough to handle larger numbers ( more players with a platoon each would be good).

Have you thought of using the undead legionaires with weapons as "Thralls" for a Vampire force. The rule book has rules for "Frau Tear" leading a platoon ( page 94). Just change her name to your choice and you can field a Vampire with a Thrall Platoon!

The three support choices are a little restrictive but seem reasonable. I'm theming my units so I will have an "Occult" platoon (Vampire, Zombies etc) and a heavily mechanised Platoon ( you get three light mechs for one support choice!)

Regards
PM
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying.

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 02:14:15 AM »
I like the king kong battle was cool if you know where I can get a kong mini let me know.The pzIv e's I use are from toysRus so I can't use them because their toys?

Offline Innsmouth-Fritz

• Assistant
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 12:04:24 PM »
Have you thought of using the undead legionaires with weapons as "Thralls" for a Vampire force. The rule book has rules for "Frau Tear" leading a platoon ( page 94). Just change her name to your choice and you can field a Vampire with a Thrall Platoon!

That`s a better idea than using them as zombie paratroops because in the SOTR-Fluff are no intelligent and gun-wielding zombies....

The pzIv e's I use are from toysRus so I can't use them because their toys?

You can do whatever you want. But I don`t like toys that look like toys in our games... with a bit detailing the Toys R us-PzIV`s won`t look like toys anymore...

Greetings
Me

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 01:19:24 PM »
People who look down on new gamers because thir figures are not up to current standards are missing the point.

This is a game, we play with toys, let's not take it too seriously and let's not get into the Farby sytem they have in reenactment societies...........

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 01:37:14 PM »
People who look down on new gamers because thir figures are not up to current standards are missing the point.

This is a game, we play with toys, let's not take it too seriously and let's not get into the Farby sytem they have in reenactment societies...........
Well, i think what he tries to say is that typical "superhero" toys look too much as a toy because you see the edges between the body and the arms of such figures ;).
But with some work you can make a really good looking Miniature out of a toy ;) Using some bits here and some GS there and the figure will fit right well into your horde :)

And by the way: In germany, even model kits are handled as toys. That`s why you arenīt allowed to put the original symbols on a "Luftwaffen" fighter (for example) ;)
So you are still playing with toys, even if you`re using super highly detailed model kits for over 50€ instead of a 10€ ready built toy plane ;D  :D

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 04:53:51 AM »
amen we are all imuture kids playing with toys in the eyes of world.As long we have fun and show each other respect life is good.

Offline Innsmouth-Fritz

• Assistant
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2008, 04:54:23 PM »
amen we are all imuture kids playing with toys in the eyes of world.As long we have fun and show each other respect life is good.

Ok. I`m very sorry that I started this discussion because I didn`t want to offend anyone. I just wanted to say (as Yggdrasil rightfully demonstrated in his last post) that the King-Kong looks in MY EYES like a toy because of the edges of the body parts and that I wouldn`t use it. I know, I formulated it clumsy and I`m very sorry for that.

Back to the main thread theme:

Could anybody please tell me how the thralls are equipped/armed (Light armour? Assault rifles?) and what options they have (e.g. HMG/LMG or something?), because my rulebook still isn`t here.
If the options are ok for the models I have in mind (the Warzone Bauhaus troops) I could field them as thralls for a prussian vampire what would look quite cool with the Pickelhauben of them. I also like the idea of a senior prussian nobility member (conversion the Junker vampire of WestWind?) leading those troops.

What do you think?

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2008, 05:32:09 PM »
Sorry,we English are masters of understatement.  There was no attempt to upset you, quite the opposite.  What we are saying is that for most gamers it doesn't matter what you put on the table, it's a game....... ;)

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2008, 11:41:20 PM »
I wasnt offended I was just making a point.You should check out some the pics.We are here to have fun.

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2008, 11:42:00 PM »
p.s. good gaming

Offline Bowiefan

• Bookworm
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2008, 10:53:36 PM »
Could anybody please tell me how the thralls are equipped/armed (Light armour? Assault rifles?) and what options they have (e.g. HMG/LMG or something?), because my rulebook still isn`t here.

The Thralls have the same options and weapon choices available to them as standard infantry. They are simply marked out by gaining a couple of additional special rules (you wouldn't be needing Light Armour  ;)).

BF

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 10:05:43 AM »
Yepp, the thralls are exactly like the normal troops but theyīve got some specials. In the normal army you have to buy the light armour for every unit (well not for every single squad but one time as an update for your entire force). If you donīt do this your troops are unarmored. Well, a friend has lent my rulebook but i think i rember that there is no need to buy additional armour when you use Frau Tear because the entire army is equiped with a better armor automatically. Thatīs why she costs so much points ^^

I could field them as thralls for a prussian vampire what would look quite cool with the Pickelhauben of them.
I realy like this idea! Especially because i like the look of the prussian troops in early World War I. Think this will work very well :)
And of course you can write a nice story about the vampire, leading troops into battle in 1914 8-) And therefore you can combine WWWII and WWWI  8)
But i think you have to rearm some of the bauhaus troopers because most of the SoTR Panzergrenadiere are armed with a rifle instead of a sub machine gun as the Bauhaus forces do.
You are able to arm many of your troops with a sub (for free), but finally the most troopers will be armed with a rifle.

Greetings
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 10:10:15 AM by Yggdrasil »