Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:41:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Qurosh'g Saga: Chapter Four: Chaos at the Gates  (Read 1452 times)

Offline MerlintheMad

• Librarian
    • My Battle of Hastings
Qurosh'g Saga: Chapter Four: Chaos at the Gates
« on: December 15, 2015, 05:58:35 PM »
Chaos at the Gates

This is the completion of our game that we played last month.

I have to say that "chaos" is not an exaggeration. The game went on for over eight hours! There were several battle sites ongoing at the same time.

My favorite part of the game was my dice rolling. It sucked. And it also was terrific. "The universe is in balance." As the saying goes.

First of all, the imperial cavalry were scraped together and only had "D" morale. When it came time to do a "performance check" to keep their charge bonus, I managed to roll 9 or higher three turns in a row! Amazing luck; I've never seen a "D" unit of heavy cavalry charge for six consecutive turns before. This was followed by a run of terrible luck. I killed off three of my imperial cavalry in quick succession by rolling three "snake eyes" In A Row. Seriously, has anyone seen this happen before? Not in all my years of gaming have I ever seen anyone roll three "snake eyes" in a row. This necessitated a morale check for casualties. And I rolled yet another 9, four in a row! Yay me! The cavalry kept their morale and pursued a broken enemy down the length of the table….
Push the button, Max...

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
Re: Qurosh'g Saga: Chapter Four: Chaos at the Gates
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 07:05:02 PM »
I've not seen three snake eyes in a row but I have seen someone need 2+ to save 5 hits and roll yahtzee 1s losing an entire unit of chariots.

It sounds like a great game.  It looks like a lot of fun to play.  Thanks for posting that!

Offline MerlintheMad

• Librarian
    • My Battle of Hastings
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 11:23:12 PM »
I feel as though I've worked a double shift, trying to get that danged page posted. I was up till midnight. The piccies wanted to upload sideways. I was fit to be tied. Finally, using Picasa, I was able to upload the piccies oriented right side up instead of standing on their ears.

But this morning I "initialized" my camera and put "orientation" to "OFF": which means that the pics don't contain any orientation info and therefore cannot mess with Blogspot's uploader. The problem with orientation only came up when I started using replacement batteries last week (Kastar, not Sony, which are no longer available). I had never bothered to set my camera's "orientation" settings, since nothing had made me aware of them before.

That "behind the scenes" saga of woe is, of course, immaterial to the topic of FRPGing.

I'm glad you liked it....

Offline MerlintheMad

• Librarian
    • My Battle of Hastings
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 05:20:31 PM »
I've added more piccies, an expanded "Epilogue" and a map....