Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:41:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Zeitreisensturmgruppen  (Read 1748 times)

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Zeitreisensturmgruppen
« on: August 18, 2014, 08:25:08 PM »
Having stumbled across the rather lovely Pulp Figures female SS figures...

http://www.miniaturicum.de/product_info.php?products_id=4211

...but lacking any game in which to use them, I decided the obvious answer was to time travel them back to 1895.

I'm still working on a backstory for them, but I think I'll call them Zeitreisensturmgruppen, which should translate as time travel assault groups (if any German speakers read this, please could you confirm if I've got this correct).

I also have a couple of rules/kompanie makeup questions.  Firstly, the MP40s: although none of the books appear to have SMG rules, a previous thread has the following from Craig:

As an early SMG is going to be less accurate than a Carbine I would go with the latter. Thus it ends up as being 18", +1/-2 (same as a machine gun), with the added option of being able to attack a group.
This makes it 9 points.

Has anyone played with this and is it reasonably balanced?

The second question comes down to the quality of the commandos.  Taking the average British Rifleman (FV2/SV2) as a baseline, would highly trained SS commandos be FV3/SV3 (better martial arts training & better shots)?  Or do the Rifleman stats (which seem standard for most 'modern' infantry) cover everything up to specially selected/trained elite units (I'd imagine the Prince of Wales' Extraordinary Coy to be pretty selective)?

Also, I guess SV3 on regular figures with an SMG could get overpowering?  I think I've probably just talked myself into FV2/SV2, but what do those of you who've actually played the game think?  
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:16:04 PM by Genghis »
Instagram: @genghis_toy_soldiers

2024 - Figures Acquired: 50  Figures Painted: 12
2023 - Figures Acquired: 99  Figures Painted: 100
2022 - Figures Acquired: 59  Figures Painted: 54
2021 - Figures Acquired: 56  Figures Painted: 60
2020 - Figures Acquired: 63  Figures Painted: 92

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Re: Zeitreisensturmgruppen
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 08:35:36 PM »
Do you only have the 5 figures? (nice painting by the way - though you may need to mask the armbands, as this site is hosted in Germany).

If you only have 5 figures, then you can make them a bit better than normal - as they will need be about 50pts a piece, which is nearly twice that of FFL in IHMN, and they are some of the better infantry.

I think with 2 SMGs and only 1 rifle, you will be out ranged by other forces, so the short range firepower shouldn't be too over powering.

Its fairly hard to balance IHMN companies as different scenarios emphasise different strengths.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 09:02:23 PM »
Genghis - you're going to have to edit that image... See: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=7650.0

No Nazi symbols can be shown here as the forum is hosted in Germany where display of such symbols is against the law.

Online Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 09:13:51 PM »
Genghis, I have removed the image until you edit it as per the rules mentioned by Captain Blood.

Please repost the image when you have modified it.

Nice brushwork. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 07:30:11 PM »
Firstly, apologies for the original picture - I hadn't even considered that toy soldiers could be political controversial.  (The .de web address really should have been a combat indicator, but I added this page to my favourites so long ago I forgot about it.)  I've replaced the picture with a link to a German store that stocks this line & has edited the armbands.

Secondly, the painting in the original picture isn't mine; sorry I should have made that clear.  I'm about to take a Flames of War pause & turn my hand to some IHMN figures over the next month or so, so I should have some of my efforts up for show soon(ish).

Thirdly, I've got 3 packs worth - a total of 5 rifles, 4 MP40s & 3 pistol-armed leaders, so I don't need to make them over-elite to compensate for low numbers.  I want to pitch them at a suitable balance, so I'm interested in people's thoughts on the stats for elite SF soldiers.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:52:19 PM by Genghis »

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 07:40:40 PM »
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'