Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:00:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [MAYHEM] Battle Chest edition now available in full color print worldwide  (Read 1948 times)

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com

The BATTLE CHEST edition of MAYHEM, which includes both the core rules and the STRONGHOLD expansion, is now available worldwide in full color print on Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.es, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it, and in the bombshell games site shop. Have fun storming the castle!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 01:39:05 AM by VoodooInk »
'HAVOC... it's okay to wreak a little!'    <a href="http://www.bombshell-games.com/>bombshell games[/url]

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
Fanastic. I was just wondering how I'd show it off at clubs with no tablet. :D I've little excuse to procrastinate now, though...

A couple of questions: 'US trade paper' - basically a 'trade paperback'? Also, Amazon or Bombshell shop: which means more cash for the author? ;)

And, not important, but something's a bit wrong with your links. Too many aitch-tee-tee-pees and quotation marks.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 10:06:29 PM by Vermis »

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
Fanastic. I was just wondering how I'd show it off at clubs with no tablet. :D I've little excuse to procrastinate now, though...
Excellent! ;)

Thanks for giving me the heads-up about the links. Not sure how that happened but they should be fixed now.

A couple of questions: 'US trade paper' - basically a 'trade paperback'? Also, Amazon or Bombshell shop: which means more cash for the author? ;)
Essentially a trade paperback, but it is printed on a premium grade white paper for the color interior. Books ordered through Amazon.com or my shop site are printed in the US. If you order MAYHEM from any of the other Amazon links, then it is printed in, and ships from, Europe. If you order MAYHEM from the bombshell shop, then I do get to put a bit more cash in my pocket [which is always nice!]. :) My site shop also allows me to offer discount codes.

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
Got it today. Unfortunately the shop's lack of paypal and my chronic lack of a credit card meant I went to Amazon UK for it. But I'm having a belated look though the Stronghold expansion and like you said, it looks like it'll help a lot with the odd units I had trouble with. (The only problem is how to fit a 28mm skirmishing unit on a 30mm base. ;D )

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
Got it today. Unfortunately the shop's lack of paypal and my chronic lack of a credit card meant I went to Amazon UK for it.
That's the only drawback with Amazon- a lack of PayPal. But... you can't beat the ability to get the book at discount and not have to pay hefty international shipping fees! ;)

When basing skirmishers at 28mm, I usually do a single model for the typical humanoid races and will put a couple of models on the base when using smaller models like goblins and skaven. Since non-heroic skirmishers are not going to be standing toe-to-toe in melee with normal rank-and-file troops, you can base them on larger bases. This will cause you to loose some of your tactical mobility, but it won't make a huge difference in most cases [unless you are engaging other skirmishers!]. I prefer to place mine on the smaller bases, but that's because I like to place them in the structures and terrain pieces that they garrison. :D

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Broke down and ordered the set.   :)  We will see how it compares to the ease and speed of Rally 'Round the King by THW.   8)

Sounds a good set of rules as an alternative anyway...   ;)  I am not a rules junky - I avoid D6 only games!   lol

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
and not have to pay hefty international shipping fees! ;)

Bah! I paid for postage anyway to get the book earlier. Then the postie just took it back to the Post Office, so I still had to wait a day extra to get it. Ah well. Compared to some other rulesets I've splurged on lately, it's still a bargain.

When basing skirmishers at 28mm, I usually do a single model for the typical humanoid races and will put a couple of models on the base when using smaller models like goblins and skaven.

I figured that was the idea for 28mm heroic skirmishers, rather than entire heroic retinues - fair enough for non-heroics as well. :)

Time to dust off those old 10mm armies, though!

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
Broke down and ordered the set.    :)  We will see how it compares to the ease and speed of Rally 'Round the King by THW.    8)
Glad I could finally get the print version released for you! ;) It's definitely a very different game experience than Rally, but I would say that it plays with the same ease and speed. There are a few blogs out there using some of the solo and random army generation elements from Rally with MAYHEM.

Sounds a good set of rules as an alternative anyway...    ;)  I am not a rules junky - I avoid D6 only games!    lol
Oh, I'm not a game or rules junky either. All of rules and games I collect are strictly for research purposes! ;) You'll definitely get to use all you other dice with MAYHEM.

Time to dust off those old 10mm armies, though!
Absolutely! The keep and stronghold elements of the game really shine at the 6mm and 10mm game level. You can really go crazy creating some epic structures without breaking the bank. I've seen quite a few 'aquarium castles' be converted into impressive fantasy fortresses. ;)