Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:42:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689597
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 646
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Scale Games: Fallen Frontiers  (Read 7675 times)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
Re: (KICKSTARTER) Scale Games: Fallen Frontiers
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 09:36:03 PM »
And the KS was cancelled:

Hi guys:
After several days of hard working trying to make this campaign a success, and after realizing that we cant reach the minimum goal to fund this project. We have decided to cancel funding and rethink the way of release of our product.
Fallen Frontiers is a real project, a project that has come to stay, and a project created and backed by great professionals from miniatures and wargames world. Even so we have decided to learn from our mistakes and fix them in order to return stronger.
Scale Games team wants to thank you all for your support, for your backing and for your comments during this campaign. To All the backers, shops, forums, blogs, general media and also to our friends and family who have been unconditionally on our side during this Kickstarter. THANK YOU A LOT!!! Even for your severe critics that made our project to grow bigger.
You will soon realize that we have learned a lot from this experience!
Many of you have trusted on us and we would like that to stay that way since Fallen Frontiers is going forward. If you want to keep up to date with Fallen Frontiers information , you can register on our mailing list ( http://www.fallenfrontiers.com/contact.html ) or follow us on our media ( www.facebook.com/fallenfrontiers and www.fallenfrontiers.com )
Again, Thank you all! And see you soon! Kind regards.
SCALE GAMES TEAM

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 07:03:56 PM »
Rather a shame, I really liked the look of the products. I was really trying not to throw money into it because I didn't need any of the stuff...but I certainly WANTED a lot of it.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline Jan

• Bookworm
  • English isn't my first language. Forgive me. ;)
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 09:06:24 AM »
It is online again since a while!
Now you can choose the forces in the Starter Box!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/298260359/fallen-frontiers-reboot

I like the factions and models that were drawn. Risky move to order just because of the drawings.
X-Wing | Oak & Iron | Old West & Sci-Fi Skirmish (WiP)

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 01:15:49 PM »
Looks fairly decent.  Funnily enough, the models could the opposite problem to GW figures - big areas of undetailed armour panelling that may need some fancy painting to make them look interesting.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 12:07:21 AM »
Did anyone get into the new KS? I would like to get some opinions on the minis  ;)

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 06:53:01 AM »
I didn't, tho looking at their facebook at the project runtime they had quite a few pretty rabid fans so there should be a few around these parts. Personally I didn't get why the enthusiasm. The newer renders of the Cybermasters someone hawked on some forum a while do look nice enough, so maybe I get some of those from retail one day.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 06:14:55 PM »
I did as I quite liked the Krygs models. Granted I intend to use them for something entirely different than Fallen Frontiers, but I'm certainly not averse to trying out the game itself. From the gameplay videos and various info posted the deck / leader thing added on top of the game looks needlessly complex. Hopefully it will provide a good play experience but I'm not too fussed provided the figures are nice.

It was expensive though because all the figures are being done in resin. The pledge manager closed a while back, but I don't recall there being a delivery date yet in their last few updates.