Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:55:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) DUST TACTICS Operation Babylon  (Read 45595 times)

Offline Devoted of Slaanesh

• Scientist
Re: (KICKSTARTER) DUST TACTICS Operation Babylon
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2014, 09:15:59 PM »
I have them in my pledge, as well as the abandoned well and I will post them as soon as I get them. They will come fully painted. ;) Made from resin.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2015, 02:28:31 PM »
If someone is in this trainwreck (like me) please take note of this message from Paolo Parente:

OPERATION BROKEN TOOL PART ONE:
Please e-mail your invoices from your pledge manager to info@dustgame.com object: KS-BABYLON-ORDER+ your name.
The total lack of transparency from BC makes so that here at Dust Studio we don`t even know if the numbers of "wave 2" minis we are producing is correct or not... We need to collect the data at first. You should have received a pdf like the sample l attach here. Help us to help you

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202410724509159&set=gm.10152731165138918&type=1&theater

It appears that Battlefront still hasn't paid Dust Studio nor sent the total of minis they "sold" (and need to be produced by Dust Studios) on the Kickstarter.

Offline Redmao

• Scientist
  • Canadian Agent
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2015, 04:32:10 PM »
This whole project has been a huge mess.
The manufacturer should have been in charge of the project and the money instead of the distributor.

Offline Neonwraith

• Assistant
    • My Tabletob Blog
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2015, 10:32:45 PM »
When a Distributor do the logistical work is not so bad for a Producer. BF has expierence in worldwide distributen. But i speculate that BF used the Money from The Kickstarter to finance other projekts and they went not as planed. (just speculating)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2015, 01:57:59 AM »
And Battlefront decided to strike back:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/duststudio/dust-operation-babylon/posts/1123102?ref=backer_project_update

Some of you are aware of the recent allegations playing out on Facebook, and are eager for an official statement from Battlefront clarifying our position. For those of you who weren't aware of the unpleasantness, we apologise for having to bring it to your attention now.

The rumours and speculation on social media regarding the current state of the Dust Operation Babylon Kickstarter are becoming out of control. We would prefer to keep ugly disagreements out of the public eye, but we cannot remain silent any longer without giving the impression that we are hiding something. However, we will not be engaging in a trial by social media. Facebook is not the place to professionally resolve issues. Especially not when we are still optimistic that the situation can still easily be salvaged through negotiation in good faith.

There are two sides to every story, and a significant dispute remains regarding the parties’ obligations. Battlefront has repeatedly sought professional mediation with Dust Studio as a way to resolve this dispute fairly, which is the usual way to resolve contractual disagreements like this. We are still actively pursuing this.

We still expect a satisfactory outcome, but it will come a lot sooner if Dust Studio stop trying to manipulate backers through social media, with a lot of inaccurate and incomplete statements, and instead sit down and resolve their problems in a professional manner. If you really do stand with Dust Studio, the best thing you can do is to encourage them to agree to neutral professional mediation.

-Battlefront Miniatures

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2015, 05:32:24 PM »
I wish the two of them could just get their sh*t together behind closed doors. The fans and consumer base for the game don't need to hear this. They just (we just) want our stuff to show up in a timely fashion.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2015, 03:48:47 AM »
Ugly situation.  Very glad I decided against backing this project.  Best of luck for the unfortunate ones that did.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2015, 06:47:14 PM »
The first delivery attempt for whatever is in my first shipment happened yesterday. Of course I can't be home during the weekdays so I'll have to wait until it arrives at the depot for me to go up and get it myself.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2015, 02:05:39 AM »
The first delivery attempt for whatever is in my first shipment happened yesterday. Of course I can't be home during the weekdays so I'll have to wait until it arrives at the depot for me to go up and get it myself.

If it's the same shipment as mine it will be only the "Operation Achilles" box freebie. Plus a nice invoice with everything that's "Out of Stock" and will be sent on the fabled second shipment.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 12:47:33 AM by Predatorpt »

Offline Devoted of Slaanesh

• Scientist
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2015, 11:42:19 PM »
I was tempted by those Babylon stuff, but then I opted to get some more Axis Wave 9 models missing from my collection, rule book, cards, tokens and just get the Babylon free models for over 150$ invested...
Glad that I did that, just before Christmas got my order and I only miss the bonus models and the Babylon big wall thing.
Hope that they will sort it out soon, but what an epic fail to give a second chance to this great game...
Don't know who's fault it is but Battlefront's way of running the KS is simply ridiculous... Will not buy nothing from them anymore. Lying to backers that they will get the books and cards in August was insane... :-[ :-[

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2015, 04:42:30 PM »
Just received this email from Dust Studios  :'( :'(

Dear Babylon Kickstarter Backer,

We are heartbroken to send you this message: Battlefront refuses to pay the amount due for the so called “Wave 2” of the Babylon Kickstarter campaign and therefore Dust Studio cannot deliver the items to Battlefront for distribution.

After four weeks of negotiations we still have not received a purchase order or a payment, regardless of our final and generous discount offer on the debated freebies.

During these four weeks Dust Studio has been bullied and blackmailed instead, with
Battlefront demanding the impossible from us in order for them to fulfill their obligations! They have asked us to pay them for editing and graphic design work their staff did on our rulebook, demanding a fee of over US $100,000.00.
They have requested we buy back their Dust stock — the stock that was eventually paid for to the factoring bank precisely with the revenue from the Babylon Campaign KS!

Battlefront is holding your money hostage, attempting to force us into an unbearable position and capitulate.

Please accept our apologies but we cannot accept any further humiliation. Our brand has been dragged through the mud and our reputation seriously damaged. Enough is enough!

Dust Studio has manufactured all the units listed as “Wave 2” in good faith but cannot afford nor are we willing to pay for jobs that Battlefront was never hired for in the first place, or for stock of products that have been discounted on the market for the past six months. These issues have nothing to do with the Kickstarter!

Being in breach of both our distribution and the Kickstarter agreements, Battlefront has been notified that our business relationship is officially ended.

What happens next? Why are you receiving this letter? A follow-on offer of how to receive the products you ordered will be published Sunday, May 17. In the meantime we strongly suggest that you contact your credit card company and ask for a full refund.

Please accept our most sincere apologies. And thank you for your continued patience and support.

Dust Studio Team

NB: This letter will be published on our official Facebook page Sunday, May 10.

Offline Redmao

• Scientist
  • Canadian Agent
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2015, 07:24:15 PM »
I'm not paying again for what I already paid for.
Battlefront was already deep in debt towards Dust Studios for some previous orders they didn't pay yet they still let them handle the Kickstarter money.
This project was doomed from the start yet it was advertized as if the product was already been manufactured.

I blame both companies for the failure of this project.

Offline General M@yhem

• Scientist
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2015, 08:54:52 PM »
I've not received this e-mail yet.Should I be concerned about that?(in addition to being absolutely furious about the KS failing and losing my money!) >:(

Offline harleyface

• Scientist
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2015, 09:48:11 PM »
The end of ks is near....
at least for Tabletop/Boardgames.....
So many failures.....

Cultist#83

Offline Redmao

• Scientist
  • Canadian Agent
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2015, 10:28:54 PM »
Kickstarter doesn't protect the backers from this kind of situations.
It is a flawed platform.

This sure taught me a lesson.
I'm buying my new minis once they're ready from now on.