Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:43:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Reaper Deadland Noir  (Read 2166 times)

Offline OLeary

• Scientist
  • Bhí mé ag ól uisce beatha
    • Black Swan Painting
Reaper Deadland Noir
« on: May 18, 2014, 08:21:50 AM »
Reaper just added some neat Noir figures to their Chronoscope series and I liked the style so I picked up a few of them. This is the first one I've painted up.

I sculpted the base from Super Sulpey.

I'll get around to painting up the other three after I clear some things from the painting table. I've got 5 bots, 4 aliens, a spaceship and a space rocket that I have to finish first.  I don't paint Fantasy anymore as I got into Pulp last year through the 100 Club.  Pretty much the only non-Pulp stuff I'm painting are Zombie Survivors and that's because I like the clean lines on those figures.

Thank you.

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
Re: Reaper Deadland Noir
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 09:14:51 AM »
I like him  :-* :-* and I like that he has a snub nose. You don't see many minis with this iconic Noir pistol.
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline Lordblackwing

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 09:49:28 AM »
Well done. I like the monotone style of the clothes with the pop of the book. Captures the feel quite well. ;)
A fellow follower of the Lead Mountain

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 12:11:09 PM »
That is a lovely paintjob, really nice.  :-*

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 02:30:20 PM »
Very nice. Wonderful work on that face and the coat is a great colour!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 02:36:34 PM »
Very nice has a good Constantine feel to him

Offline Valerik

• Mad Scientist
  • "...promiscuously brandishing a revolver..."
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 06:04:23 PM »
and I like that he has a snub nose. You don't see many minis with this iconic Noir pistol.

Well done, superb painting!!

A man with a big pistol means business, from the open range to the dingy alley, no nonsense tolerated.

Misfortunately a great many of the popular handguns in this period were small, .25, .32 & .380 automatics, .32 revolvers, Detective Specials, even many a .38 "duty" weapon, Colt's Police Positive, and S&W's M & P.  That doesn't translate well in a 28mm world filled with hamfisted  hands.  In this case his weapon appears to be a cut down of a full size .45 service revolver, Colt by the look of it, a very popular practice that scales suitably for miniatures. 

Apologies for the blurry picture, it was the best I could steal find, it shows exactly what I needed.
S&W on the left, Colt on the right (twas ever thus), both large .44/.45 frames
The full sized service issue Model 1917s on the top, their concealed carry cut downs  below.
You see that the frame & cylinder remain huge, only the grips & barrel shrink, very much like Reaper's mini.
These are BIG powerful revolvers, but they are short.

Medium (.38) short revolvers are half this size overall, .32 frame ones even smaller.

Same "duty sized" Colt .38 Official Police, classified medium frame

It's difficult to find good clear distinctive movie/TV pictures of pocket pistols, they don't show up well.
In theatre I do what's always been done in Hollywood, and in miniatures, use bigger & shinier, so it can be readily seen.

Given the limits of sculpting and casting, not to mention aging eyes and shaking brushes, I'm pretty much resigned to accepting those oversized revolvers & automatics wielded by Pulp punks, pugs, thugs, flatfoots, floozies, and gumshoes.

I don't shoot so good no more neither...

Did I mention I love what you did with this figure?

Valerik
BGR

"Fart in the devil's face"
Martin Luther

Offline OLeary

• Scientist
  • Bhí mé ag ól uisce beatha
    • Black Swan Painting
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 01:27:45 AM »
Very nice. Wonderful work on that face and the coat is a great colour!

Ya, it does look like him. I didn't notice that. Nice call.

Well done, superb painting!!

A man with a big pistol means business, from the open range to the dingy alley, no nonsense tolerated.

Misfortunately a great many of the popular handguns in this period were small, .25, .32 & .380 automatics, .32 revolvers, Detective Specials, even many a .38 "duty" weapon, Colt's Police Positive, and S&W's M & P.  That doesn't translate well in a 28mm world filled with hamfisted  hands.  In this case his weapon appears to be a cut down of a full size .45 service revolver, Colt by the look of it, a very popular practice that scales suitably for miniatures. 

Apologies for the blurry picture, it was the best I could steal find, it shows exactly what I needed.
S&W on the left, Colt on the right (twas ever thus), both large .44/.45 frames
The full sized service issue Model 1917s on the top, their concealed carry cut downs  below.
You see that the frame & cylinder remain huge, only the grips & barrel shrink, very much like Reaper's mini.
These are BIG powerful revolvers, but they are short.

Medium (.38) short revolvers are half this size overall, .32 frame ones even smaller.

Same "duty sized" Colt .38 Official Police, classified medium frame

It's difficult to find good clear distinctive movie/TV pictures of pocket pistols, they don't show up well.
In theatre I do what's always been done in Hollywood, and in miniatures, use bigger & shinier, so it can be readily seen.

Given the limits of sculpting and casting, not to mention aging eyes and shaking brushes, I'm pretty much resigned to accepting those oversized revolvers & automatics wielded by Pulp punks, pugs, thugs, flatfoots, floozies, and gumshoes.

I don't shoot so good no more neither...

Did I mention I love what you did with this figure?

Valerik

I was thinking the barrel had been cut on that and was thinking Colt as well. I used to carry a .38 and that was a sweet little gun (I had a license to carry, don't worry).   I'm not as good as I used to be with a pistol, but I can still hit a moving target at a good distance with a rifle.