Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:46:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: CHAPTER 3, EPISODE 3 : Dust In the Crypt : Part 1  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
CHAPTER 3, EPISODE 3 : Dust In the Crypt : Part 1
« on: May 18, 2014, 03:33:46 PM »
The Team arrives back in Cairo Head Quarters where Bob checks on his recovering team members, Amanda throws herself into researching the collected sigils from the ruins. Bob reports on the one agent running off into the desert while the other is moved to the infirmary to recover from his wounds.

At the evening debrief Amanda presents her findings:
“The Thule Society is seeking to open a gateway to allow a servitor race to the earth with the presumed objective of gaining either knowledge or their help in a greater project.”

“It seems that there may have been such a gate to the west of Cairo that was activated as little as 3000 years ago. I suggest we travel out that way and check out 3 different sites that are mentioned in the Archus Texts.”

Based on this new hard won information the team readies to leave the next day. Though the recovering agents will join them the injured Cairo agent is not found in the Infirmary in the morning…..

The trucks are refueled and supplies hastily restocked with food, water, and fuel. The team mounts up and they set off out of Cario.

About 15 minutes after starting down the west road, they are intercepted by 2 cars, whose occupants open fire on the convoy of trucks!

The plucky Amanda pulls out her 12 barrel pepper box pistol and lets loose a mighty blast, splattering the sedan with hits but (shes a walking peril!)fails to brace herself properly in the bouncing truck bed and the other agent fails in his grab to keep her from back flipping over the rail! The rest of the team members in the back of the other trucks return fire, riddling the lead auto which starts issuing smoke and rolls to a stop. The following sedan continues to fire on the trucks but thanks to the cover provided by the supply crates no hits are scored.

The sedan suffers the fate of its lead vehicle when it becomes the primary target and is taken under fire by 2 sub machine guns. (overlapping burst templates). The second truck breaks formation and circles back to pick up Amanda, who other than getting some tears in her clothes from the fall, is found to be okay.

They arrive at the first site but find nothing of interest there and continue on to the second site which immediately draws the attention of Amanda.

Team Leader Atchison asks Amanda to translate what might be found on the Sarcophagus with an agent to keep an eye on her while the rest of the team searches the general area. Amanda quickly finds a series of studs and proceeds to series them….

“Amanda, find anything useful yet?” calls Atchison.
“Yes a fascinating lock mechanism on the Sarcophagus” she calls back.
“Never mind those, what are the inscriptions?”
“Oh, something about this being a Guardian of Doom or some such rubbish”…”oh, here we go” (fail peril check)

The Sarcophagus lid swings out and falls off with a mighty Thud and out steps the Guardian of Doom. Amanda runs screaming back to the group crying for her mummy.

A brisk fire fights leads to a surprising conclusion… namely that Bullets have no effect on the Mummy at all! Agents close to close quarters and attack with weapons and fists, slowly beating down the Guardian! Victory is won!

Or is it? As the Guardian falls, the rotted remains of a stone tower erupts with an eerie wail of “Freedom at last!”

The ponderous and massive mummy lumbers to the attack! Several agents are downed quickly as again bullets have no effect! A hysterical Amanda incants a mystic language and releases a blast of pale blue fire on the Mummy, who emits a howl and turns towards her.

Atchison takes the chance and pulls his Kris knife which bursts into a bright glow (mystical blade that it is) and lunges and stabs with it into the back of the behemoth, striking a mighty blow! Between the fire and the blades of several blade masters the giant collapses into a heap of bones and rotted fabric.

“I say Amanda, next time leave opening things till you finish reading them!”

“Well perhaps. But the worst of it is, I didn’t get a photo!!!!”

----------------------------------------------------------

In each scenario I rotate who will play their leader and grant that player starting initiative. This due to this group playing as a cooperative "team" though each has its own full roster of a Team that gets the value of their efforts applied to. I have added some special "gear" to the list that may...maybe... work against some mystical creatures, they have to pass a check for it to work.. otherwise its just bullets or a knife etc.
http://armoredink.blogspot.com/

Painting Pledge for 2014 Cthulhu Wars and all expansions figures to paint! Arrrgh!

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: CHAPTER 3, EPISODE 3 : Dust In the Crypt : Part 1
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 06:37:54 AM »
Another great game, Alfrik. I particularly liked the vehicle chase!

Prof. Dinglebat. Phd.

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 08:12:29 AM »
 :-*........ ;)

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 08:14:59 AM by Prof. Dinglebat. Phd. »

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 02:32:05 AM »
Loved the car chase, the mummies, the terrain. Fantastic!  :-* :-*

THANKS for playing Pulp Alley. I want to come play in your games.  ;)

Offline magokiron

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 03:08:56 AM »
Nice AAR!

Moving on to read part 2.

Thanks for sharing.
I know you're too old to play with toy soldiers. So give them to me... NOW!