Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:11:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Jungle Temple/BB Scoreboard  (Read 8146 times)

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
Re: Jungle Temple/BB Scoreboard
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2014, 04:30:42 PM »
This is great! Makes me want to play Bloodbowl!  :-*

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2014, 08:42:13 PM »
Quick update and link to a blog post I wrote earlier today.

I've added some decorations to the walls of the dugout temple. My lizardman team logo on the front:

...and on the back, an image inspired by a joke our BB League Commissioner made about "crocodiles on golf shirts" inspired this:

Still some cleanup and extra work to do on them, then painting. Trying to get at least the first dugout ready for a Saturday afternoon game this coming weekend.

Blog post with more detail here: http://www.warbard.ca/2014/08/06/bloodbowl-dugout-temple-decoration/

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2014, 10:33:10 PM »
Mighty fine work! Love the 'Izod Lizord', that's wacky.  lol
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2014, 07:43:09 AM »
Oh! I'm liking that!! Is that the Lacoste Croc? Those Bloodbowl people are stylish! ;) 8) 8)

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2014, 10:05:37 AM »
Oh! I'm liking that!! Is that the Lacoste Croc? Those Bloodbowl people are stylish! ;) 8) 8)

Lacoste croc with bigger teeth and a slightly angular look to fit some of the other decorative elements, yup. Very stylish.

Got the dice tower primed black tonight, finally, and started assembling the basic structure of the second dugout.

The full set of sideline temple buildings will, eventually, be the scoreboard/scatter diagram temple I did first, the dice tower temple (the smallest by a fair margin), and the two big dugout/tracking temples.

This weekend I should (finally!) have a chance to do green and brown spraypaint over my felt pitch to make it look more like a field and less like a piece of felt, then break out the tape and white spraypaint to mask off the various field lines, which will all serve to both make the pitch look a lot better and easier to use.

Eventually I want to do a big version of the croc's head logo that's on the front of the dugout structure above right in the middle of the field, and (if I get really ambitious) possibly some colour in the end zones like some of the real-world NFL fields have.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2014, 12:40:42 PM »
Coming along nicely  8)

The croc logo is a great touch  lol

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2014, 05:44:21 PM »
Looking great so far!
 :-* :-*

The croc logo is a great touch  lol

Indeed!
 8)

At this rate I can see you eventually building the whole stadium.
 :D

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2014, 02:29:22 AM »
At this rate I can see you eventually building the whole stadium.
 :D

The plan is to keep the entire thing portable in the boot-sized shoebox seen in one of the earlier photos, so I'm limiting it to two dugouts, the scoreboard, and the dice tower, plus a felt pitch.

Speaking of the felt pitch, I want to do a team logo (the crocodile head seen on the first dugout above) in the middle of the pitch, as well as some other graphic work right on the pitch, so last night I printed out a test piece of stencil onto full-sheet sticky label paper and tried it out on a scrap piece of felt.

The top lettering (WATE from "Saltwater") is done using red spraypaint; the partial croc logo below is done using a brush and red craft paint. The colour is better in the craft paint one, but the spraypaint is faster once you get the masking all in place.

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2014, 10:12:17 AM »
Lots of things still to finish, but here's the current state of the entire Blood Bowl setup!

Dugouts on either end, dice tower and scoreboard in the middle. The felt pitch has most of the field lines done, with endzones still to be marked and possibly decorated. The crocodile head logo in the centre is still drying, but it was too tempting not to lay everything out just to look at it.  :D

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2014, 12:08:51 PM »
That's really coming along nicely  8) 8) 8)

The pitch logo is a great touch (I seem to be repeating myself  lol ).

cheers

James

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2014, 12:50:04 PM »
That needs a stadium! ;) :D

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2014, 11:54:58 PM »
That needs a stadium! ;) :D

Get thee behind me, etc!  ;)

Work is proceeding on this project, despite the lack of updates for the last ten days or so.

The actual pitch itself is basically done, with a full set of field lines and a croc's head team logo in the centre.

I've written up how I did the two different stencil jobs on the field over at the blog: http://www.warbard.ca/2014/08/21/lines-logos-on-a-blood-bowl-pitch/

The field lines were tape and spraypaint; the logo was full-sheet label paper, brush and craft paint. The brush painting was much easier and less of a headache - masking off the field lines so I didn't wreck the rest of the field or the surroundings with overspray took way too much work!

The various buildings are proceeding, all the stonework is carved and I'm finishing up the putty on the two big dugouts.

I still need to do the magnets that will keep the dice tower temple and it's ceremonial pool/dice catch basic clipped together; I need to figure out a joint design to keep everything aligned.

No building photos recently as they're all primed solid black and don't photograph particularly well!

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2014, 11:29:27 AM »
Right, the various temples have some paint on them and look like something other than black blobs in photos, so here you go!

This is actually the full set of buildings; on the left the finished scoreboard/scatter table temple, then the two dugouts and lower left the dice tower and it's dice basic/ceremonial pool.

Still a good bit to do - black washes here and there to tone the colours down and weather some of the stone back down where the drybrushing has gotten too bright, then a paler, lighter drybrush to pop the edges of the stonework and some of the texture.

The righthand dugout has two small simple statues in progress for the corners of the centre dugout area, obviously not attached yet.

The dice tower & pool will have magnets installed to keep them together while in use.

I also need to come up with symbols for the large circles in the centre of most of the dugout areas - BB dugouts are Reserve/Knocked Out/Casualty per team, and I'm not actually sure what symbols I want to use on each of the circles at this point...

Nevertheless, visible progress has resumed, and after several passes with paint I finally have a stone colour on all three new buildings that I'm happy with!