Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:48:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690897
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp for Role play  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Maenoferren

• Bookworm
    • Triple Ace Games
Pulp for Role play
« on: July 16, 2008, 11:44:54 AM »
I am not sure whether this is the right place or whether people play role play but my mate is part of a new company - Triple Ace games. He is Wiggy from Savage Worlds and so far this month he has put out 2 Pulp adventures, with another pile due soon:

DTA #1: To End All Wars and Chaos on Crete (double issue)
When a friend says he has important information he wants to discuss, you know it's the start of something big! Nazis, deadly Amazonian flesh eating insects, a kidnapped reporter, and a daring raid on Washington D.C. are all in a day's work for heroes who want To End All Wars.
A missing scientist, a villain with plans of becoming a king, ancient puzzles, a mythical creature that is not all the legends say it is, and a book whose contents could spell the end of mankind all means its Chaos on Crete!

DTA #2: Web of the Spider Cult
When you find a dead body in your house, especially one which belongs to a notable explorer, you know it's not going to be an ordinary day. Web of the Spider Cult takes the heroes from the corridors and galleries of the Boston Museum, to the bayou of Louisiana, and onto the dark jungles of Mexico. There, amid the ruins of a centuries old temple, the adventurers face their greatest enemy so far in their extraordinary adventures.

Forthcoming Issues
DTA #3: Treasure of the Templars
DTA #4: The Talons of Lo-Peng
DTA #5: Sky Pirates of the Caribbean
DTA #6: The Palladium Peril
DTA #7: The Twelfth Gate
DTA #8: Terror of the Z-Bomb

They also do figure flats too... Even if you dont play savage worlds the background is excellent I especially like the cult formation generator....

http://www.tripleacegames.com/DaringTales.php

Cheers
Stephen

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Re: Pulp for Role play
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 12:35:18 PM »
Thanks for letting us know, they seem good value and deserve our support.
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Maenoferren

• Bookworm
    • Triple Ace Games
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 05:09:19 PM »
They really are good value. Also if you play savage worlds the characters come with pregenerated raises so that you can simply pick up and play. Actually the figure flats are rather fabby doo. They will come in really handy for those people wanting a dozen German storm troopers and the odd mad scientist, it saves loads of time. I bought them, for the simple reason it saves me having to cart my lead figures around to games.

Offline Maenoferren

• Bookworm
    • Triple Ace Games
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 11:01:27 AM »
TAG games have just brought out preilous places -

This sourcebook contains ways to liven up your games by looking at different locales and the varying dangers they present.

Inside you’ll find rules for expanded arctic and desert survival, the dangers of collapsing tunnels and stampedes, fighting atop rooftops, crumbling cliffs, tall columns, rope bridges, underwater, and on vertical surfaces, the hazards of stormy nights and swamps, and expanded traps.

It works really well tried it last night in our pulp game... Mwaaaaahhh haaaa haaa haaaa lol lol lol

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 11:57:51 AM »
Well, I am the lucky guy who managed to snatch the complete TORG set with all the sourcebooks and stuff from a second hand sale... Burkhardt, wasn't it your stuff before that?
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!