Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:19:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686447
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Artizan distributor in North America?  (Read 2238 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
(COMMERCIAL) Artizan distributor in North America?
« on: May 25, 2014, 03:46:40 AM »
Artizan has the same problem that Copplestone has with shipping, I'm afraid - a flat 25% charge - which is ridiculous as you scale up to a larger order. I was looking at placing a £90 order next month until I realized it would be near £23 shipping. Jesus! That's easily twice what the real postage should be from the UK.

It's about 75% individual figures and 25% packs, so it would have to be someone who still offered individual figures as they do on the Artizan site. Is there anyone at all?  

« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 03:48:15 AM by FramFramson »

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
Re: Artizan distributor in North America?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 03:57:06 AM »
Try Terry at North Bay Games and Hobbies: http://www.northbaygamesandhobbies.ca/

He is a really nice guy, and has flat rate shipping.  Last time I was there he did have Artizan landsknechts and some other stuff... best to email or call and inquire.

He is a retail store though, so once he has to factor in his own shipping and currency conversion, etc, I am not sure if you will save much money.  Not to mention taxes are guaranteed when you buy in Canada, compared to once in a blue moon when Canada Post actually decides to charge duties on your package.

Might be worth a shot regardless, his store is probably my favourite of all the stores I have visited.  In fact, his was the first store I ever went to when I was a wee lad...

Otherwise, you could send an email to Artizan to see if they would be willing to charge exact shipping.  With the way shipping rates have increased these past few years, perhaps 25% is not that far off, even for big orders?
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 04:20:19 AM »
Try Terry at North Bay Games and Hobbies: http://www.northbaygamesandhobbies.ca/

He is a really nice guy, and has flat rate shipping.  Last time I was there he did have Artizan landsknechts and some other stuff... best to email or call and inquire.

He is a retail store though, so once he has to factor in his own shipping and currency conversion, etc, I am not sure if you will save much money.  Not to mention taxes are guaranteed when you buy in Canada, compared to once in a blue moon when Canada Post actually decides to charge duties on your package.

Might be worth a shot regardless, his store is probably my favourite of all the stores I have visited.  In fact, his was the first store I ever went to when I was a wee lad...

Otherwise, you could send an email to Artizan to see if they would be willing to charge exact shipping.  With the way shipping rates have increased these past few years, perhaps 25% is not that far off, even for big orders?

Hah, I've actually been to that North Bay store. Terry is indeed a nice guy, but I agree that he probably doesn't have the whole Artizan line on hand and that I'd lose out just as much after tax and the like.

If there isn't a cheaper North American option, I'll probably just have to cut my order in half. The rest would be lower priority, so I may not get around to them anytime soon.

former user

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 04:28:59 AM »
Brigade Games carries the Artizan range....

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 04:35:03 AM »
Only in packs, I'm afraid. Not only would that raise my cost considerably, but it also means there's a few Artizan minis they don't even have.

former user

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 04:44:11 AM »
oh, You are after the thrilling tales singles...
give the shopping cart calculator of Miniaturicum a chance  ;) and send Michael an email, they ship flatrate to EU countries, they might do the same to Canada.
Otherwise ask one of the brits if they'd like to do You a favour - rumour has it people are nice on LAF

for that matter I could ask myself someone from the new continent if they want to do me a favour with Brigade games....

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 05:41:52 AM »
I don't think having someone re-ship would save all that much. I'd essentially be playing for shipping twice such it might even come out worse that way.

Miniaturicum would be much better for shipping, but their markup over Artizan is significant enough to wipe out any savings. Drat and double drat.

Well, I'll probably wait till I have the cash in hand and then annoy Artizan directly to see if they can cut me a deal. In any case, the home site seems to be the only place you can buy the Artizan Rommel figure anyway.

former user

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 05:45:24 AM »
oh, I see....
well, good luck with that

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 07:28:03 AM »
Might be worth flipping Artizan an email; I've never dealt with them directly but a lot of companies will advertise a flat shipping rate but cut you a deal especially on a larger order.

Kind of surprised they don't have either a cap on the shipping charge, flat rate on orders over a certain value, or just straight-up free shipping on orders over a certain value.

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 09:38:01 AM »
Why not just contact Northstar directly? I'm sure Nick will be able to sort something out. Be aware that shipping anything from the UK nowadays is bloody expensive though, so for any significant weight package by airmail isn't going to be cheap at all.
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."