Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:31:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Genesha Games - Mighty Monsters & Robot Battle Royale  (Read 2082 times)

Offline Mr.Marx

• Mastermind
    • Bloggity-Blog-Blog / "The Zone"
Genesha Games - Mighty Monsters & Robot Battle Royale
« on: May 25, 2014, 09:30:34 AM »
Hey Laf,

Has anyone given these rules a go?

I'm looking for a set of wargames rules for my 'Monster Kaiju Battle Hour'[/url Project, and these look promising.

MM.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: Genesha Games - Mighty Monsters & Robot Battle Royale
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 09:40:25 AM »
I own the rules and a quite happy with them. I believe you are familiar with other Genesha games products right? In MM you stat your creature by the body part, giving each a quality and combat rating. There are quite a few different manoeuvres you can perform with different body parts so the game avoids the age old "I punch you punch" pitfall.

Its still a genesha game so it might take a while to get your head around not perfectly phrased rules and balance of different powers is a simple additive point system, but all in all a very fun game with a lot of options!
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline manatic

• Mad Scientist
    • Dawn of the Lead
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 10:04:44 AM »
Just threw you a PM regarding these. I really like them, having played a few test games. Once you handle the GG basic mechanics, it's a quick and easy game to play with plenty of variation and cinematic action. You can have a monster attempting to tail sweep another with the target grabbing the tail and hurling the attacker at a power plant, causing an explosion. Statting up custom creatures is easy, and there are plenty of ready made ones too. We had Gamera completely trashing a Jaeger, for example.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 12:18:26 PM »
I bought both rules sets after seeing manatic's fantastic Pacific Rim project. And I must say I really like the rules. Simple in use, but enough depth and options to keep it interesting after several games.
And of course I bought lots of miniatures and the Dropzone Commander Cityscape to get a good table.
And I recommend getting the measuring sticks from Litko...sure you can make your own, but the Litko ones are excellent:

“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Mr.Marx

• Mastermind
    • Bloggity-Blog-Blog / "The Zone"
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 02:18:16 PM »
I bought both rules sets after seeing manatic's fantastic Pacific Rim project. And I must say I really like the rules. Simple in use, but enough depth and options to keep it interesting after several games.
And of course I bought lots of miniatures and the Dropzone Commander Cityscape to get a good table.
And I recommend getting the measuring sticks from Litko...sure you can make your own, but the Litko ones are excellent:

Gaww - how can I get me one of those in the UK?

MM.