Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:46:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dungeon Dwellers Crypt of the Sorcerer  (Read 3030 times)

Offline Theomar Pius

• Librarian
    • The Stonecutters Guild
Dungeon Dwellers Crypt of the Sorcerer
« on: July 23, 2008, 08:43:15 AM »
http://www.coolminiornot.com/196498
http://www.coolminiornot.com/196499

This is my second game board based on Heritage Dungeon Dwellers, this tame on the map of the Crypt of the Sorcerer.

This map was a different type of challenge from the Cavern of doom, since it is so much more compact, with the walls of the many levels stacked on top of each other.
The coffin itself is scratchbuilt from foam. One of the chests comes from Mega-Minis, the other is scratchbuilt from foam and styrene. The censers, and lanterns are made from silver beads.
As with the CoD board, all of the doors in this piece are functional, built on DuBro model airplane hinges.

If you are at GENCON next month and would like to play a game of Dungeon Dwellers on it, please read the following note.

Originally posted by David Campbell
Hello everyone,

I know it's short notice, but for those who are interested, I will be at GENCON this year with dioramas of the Caverns of Doom, and Crypt of the Sorcerer ready to play a few rounds of these classic Heritage USA games. I was not able to get this listed as an event, but if there is enough of a response this year, I will make sure to list it next year. Since this is not a sanctioned event, I will be in the open gaming area, at the times listed below. If you are interested in playing a few rounds, either send me a PM, or leave the information in the Forums area of the www.dungeon-dwellers.info website. If you can’t make the times listed below, I am open to some late night gaming

Game/Version –

Dungeon Dwellers (circa 1980), Heritage USA

Title –

Crypt of the Sorcerer, and Caverns of Doom

Date/Time –

Thursday 8/14 3:30 – 4:30pm

Friday 8/15 3:30 – 4:30pm

Saturday 8/16 10 – 11am

These times are subject to change, and will depend on availability in the open gaming area, and availability of my schedule to those who might be interested in playing.

Slots -

10 max for both games

Notes -

I am sure many of us older gamers will remember this game. I have taken this game from paper maps to fully playable Dioramas. I have always enjoyed playing the games, and want to share my passion with others. The games are very easy to play, and kids as young as 10 can pick up the rules very easily (my son started playing with me when he was 8 years old). I do ask those interested in playing that have children that the children have some level of maturity, due to the nature of dioramas made from foam. Also, the figures are made from lead, so I don’t want any of the younger ones chewing on them

A little bit of information on the Dioramas and Miniatures:

The Dioramas were professionally produced by Jeff Clapham (Theomar Pius on coolminiornot.com, and the customhobby.com websites).

The miniatures were painted by Darron LaFleur (owner of the Middle Earth hobby shop in NJ), and Vince Landt (2007 Reapercon gold winner in the CAV category, and honorable mention in DHL large competition).

Pictures of the dioramas can be found on my website:

http://www.dungeon-dwellers.info/Forum/index.asp?sub=show&action=topics&fid=11

Thanks for your consideration and I hope to see you there,

David Campbell

www.dungeon-dwellers.info

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Dungeon Dwellers Crypt of the Sorcerer
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 08:47:10 AM »
That board looks really really good.

Nice stuff  ;D