Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:47:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Mechadrome - New Funding Campaign Launched!  (Read 7223 times)

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
Re: Mechadrome - New Kickstarter Launched!
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2014, 07:36:01 PM »
Have you seen the size of them? The light mechs are almost as big as a dreadnought. $20.00 (Currently £11.94)... that doesn't seem bad for such a large miniature.

But, value is in the eye of the beholder :D

I'd rather have a light mech than spend $30.00 (£18.00) on one of these: http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Space-Marine-Captain

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
Re: Mechadrome - New Kickstarter Launched!
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 06:57:39 PM »
TalkWargaming.com interviewed me about Mechadrome, if you'd like to know more about the game and where it came from, check it out!

Who doesn't love Mechs? The idea of taking control of a giant walking death machine is sure appeal to many. With recent titles such as Titanfall and Transformers (not strictly mechs but they are big, mechanical and killy) helping to build their fan base it seems to be the perfect time to bring them to the Wargaming table.

This is where Mechadrome comes in, a 28mm tabletop game which pits rival teams of Mechs against each other in an arena style setting. Mechadrome, by Gangfight Games, is currently receiving funding via Kickstarter and I (PH) caught up with Tim Kline (TK) to find out more about the game.

Read the rest of the article here :)
http://www.talkwargaming.com/2014/06/kick-starter-interview-mechadrome-with.html
Blackwater Gulch - Gangfights in the Old West

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Mechadrome - New Funding Campaign Launched!
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014, 04:22:48 PM »
Here's today's weekly update! I'm going to plan to do an update every Monday going forward, now and after the camapign, with everything that's been happening lately.

We've had quite the week here being funded so quick and lots of things in development. This coming week should be pretty productive too! Tomorrow I'm expecting the medium mech samples to show up. I'm going to build them right away and get some photos so we'll finally have real-world comparison shots of the 2 different Terran models. Then I'll dive into painting and I should have the terran mediums painted up this weekend, with Team Bushido a few days later. I probably won't have enough sample pieces for bodies for every mech, so I'm going to magnetize the arms and use the same bodies for each photo for now.

Jonathan Peace just finished writing the bios for each pilot, so I will be posting that soon. I want to get the models painted first and then I'll do an update with all of the bios and photos I have. I'm also going to hold off on posting the pilot card PDFs till I get the new models painted up. Don't want to just update the PDF a week later and make people feel like they have to print them twice.

I mentioned before that I ordered up prints of the other 3 light mech poses and the hazards that were going to be for the next 2 stretch goals. I decided I may as well just get the molds and everything all done anyway since I'm getting the prints done. So, when I have a chance to update the menus later I'm going to be removing the goals for the alt poses and hazards. The $10k goal for free hazard models will stay though. So the Arena Hazards will be add-on items, $10 each for a pair of hazards or objective markers, and then the first stretch goal will be the $10k free hazards goal. Unfortunately I just can't afford to lower that goal as much as I'd like to.

So that's it for now. I'll have those sample model pics of the medium mech tomorrow night :)

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 02:32:33 AM »
The Medium Mech samples showed up today, and here are the photos as promised! These are metal master samples, and were pretty heavy and tough to work with, but I managed to file down the very few spots of flash. I attached the arms with poster putty and they were too heavy and kept falling off. I'll glue them on when I paint them. Of course none of that matters since the final models will be resin and very light and easy to work with!

So, from left to right, we have Buzzkill, Disorder, Makuzo and Tusragowa.. and the obligatory space marine for size comparison. Over on the campaign page I have some close up shots and rear views, check em out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gangfightgames/mechadrome/posts/873121

Offline Ajsalium

• Mad Scientist
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 06:40:00 AM »
I'm not much into the mech thing, but these are lovely.

As I said time ago when you showed the renders, I like the way there's a design continuity between the light and medium mechs. Seeing them in the flesh only reaffirms that. They look truly impressive, and yet plausible enough.
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 07:23:04 AM »
What Aj said.

I love the designs and the more I see of them, the more I need to get my greasy mitts on them  :-*

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 11:54:14 AM »
The project looks like it's going well.  Nice to see some decent close-combat options.  Glad to see the finals will be resin (I hate nothing in this world more than metal-on-metal big vehicles models.  Horrible things).  Do keep us posted!
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2014, 03:36:22 PM »
The prints for the arena hazards and alt light mech poses have arrived, and here they are! Sorry if the details are tough to see, the material was transparent this time, so it doesn't all show up as well as the blue color the other prints had. I stuck the medium mech bodies in there just for scale.

Some backers have been asking for photos of the weapon pieces, so here they are! We have the light weapons followed by the mediums. The mediums have less pieces overall since most weapons are just the forearm while the light mechs have whole left & right arms.

From left to right we have Railguns, Chainguns, Blasters & Plasmaguns. Then Jackhammers, Crusherfists, Siege Drills & Buzzsaws. On the bottom there's booster jets, shoulder armor plates and a missile pod.

Here we have Left & Right Chainguns, a Plasmagun and Railgun (for either arm). Next is the Jackhammer, Left & Right Crusherfists, Wrecking Ball and Siege Drill. On the bottom there's a Blaster turret, booster jets and missile pod.

That's all for now. I'm going to start painting up the first medium mech sample now and should have him done in a few days. We're about halfway through the campaign now and things are going well :)

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2014, 12:32:09 AM »
Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to be posting individual pilot bios along with a sample of their pilot card art, one each day or so. At first I was going to do one large update with each team, but I thought 1 pilot a day would be more fun :) So, here is Buzzkill, and you can find more on the campaign page. The next one will go up tomorrow :)

Buzzkill's famous career began in the dark period when Mechadrome was more violent than the wars it was designed to replace. Discovered in one of the many thousands of scrap-settlements, foraging off discarded military hardware and selling what she found for food, Buzzkill was quickly signed by the Terran talent scout Hamazdian Cole. Impressed by her natural tactical presence of mind that allowed her to evade capture for several days, Cole immediately started her on a rough regime of Mech combat drills, arena awareness and team tactics.

Kitted out with both close and ranged weaponry, Buzzkill delights in distract and hold tactics, keeping opponents either hunkered down under a deluge of missile strikes while other team mates flank them, or grappling up close with her buzzsaw, before falling back for more powerfully armed Mechs to finish them off.

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 03:56:54 PM »
Some folks were requesting an "everything" pledge level, so I just added that in. $300 for both teams, all hazards and objective markers, rules and objective cards :)

Next up, here is Tsuragowa of Team Bushido!

Raking the ground with blaster fire, Tsuragowa roars from the sky riding twin contrails of booster jet flame right into the heart of the opposing team. Landing amongst them, shrouded by the dirt and debris kicked up by his weapons fire, ‘Rag grabs hold of the nearest enemy Mech, gripping tight and laying in with some close quarters fire. If he can, he uses his boosters to keep them off-balance, jinking one way then the next, long enough for their systems to start to power down due to overload. And then he’s off to the next engagement, just another prime example of Team Bushido’s infamous hit/run tactics.

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2014, 12:16:44 AM »

Havoc joined the Titan's mid season '16, replacing StrikeZone who fell to a vicious Jackhammer and siege drill assault by Bushido members Makuzo and Kessen. Taken from the training pool of would be Titans, Havoc quickly became known for using his missile pod as a distraction and then nimbly shifting positions to spray the area with twin chainguns.

And he's no shrinking violet either. Despite receiving warnings from Titans management, Havoc can always be found on a vid-cast both before and after a match, holding interviews and flirting with the audience. He's also the only Titan to actively encourage sponsorship - his Mech is often decorated with advertising holoscreens or simple posters - yet another thorn in Titan owners sides. But the crowd love him, and pay to see him and so, for now, he stays.

(Final card will have a model photo when it's done :) )

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2014, 08:01:36 PM »

The baby of the team, Kodachi has still to prove himself in the arenas. Taking over the coveted spot from Jakumota “The Flying Devil” Cannut following their violent retirement when his Mech imploded thanks to a faulty experimental grenade. In the six games Kodachi has taken part, his performance has been “variable” as Team Ace Yari commented in the post match interview with Station 27.

“He’s young but needs to learn respect for those that came before him. He has 2 attributed kills but they were lucky, almost fluke take-downs. And he doesn’t stick to the match plans, plans we have spent years perfecting. But he is eager and I too remember those first days. He will learn. He will grow. Or he will die.”

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2014, 10:26:46 PM »
I think that Kodachi will be my standard load-out for my little teams :)... although I am tempted to be 'random' with them and give them completely different colours as well...

I can't wait to get some of these mechs :)

Keep up the good work, Necros :D

Offline Ajsalium

• Mad Scientist
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2014, 11:40:34 AM »
@ Necros.

I have one question. Is the flag of the objective marker detachable? Please say it is, as that'd be exactly what I need for some CTF fun...

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2014, 01:05:56 PM »
Yes it is :) It's also the same size as the hole on the roving and crawling hazards.. so you could also make stationary turrets with the objective bottom, or a tank with a flag if you want to :)