Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:48:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Meridian Miniatures new range "tooth and Sword"  (Read 12177 times)

Online white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Meridian Miniatures new range "tooth and Sword"
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2014, 09:18:08 AM »
I'd love to spring for the resin ones instead of metal, but I fear the price difference is more than I can handle atm. :'(

Lovely stuff though. ;)

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2014, 05:24:20 PM »
Don't worry too much Seb, the metals are such wonderful casts I just prefer the lightness of the resins seeing as they're quite substantial figures.

I'm very pleased today to be able to show you the first figures that I've had painted for the range.

Here we've got "The Good Guys" expertly painted by the very talented Roy "Duff" Duffy. He's done a great job of turning them around so quickly and would you believe these are his first chibi style figures! You can find more of Roy's work here: https://www.facebook.com/DuffPaint and around the various online miniatures forums.

Also my most sincere thanks goes out to another "Custom Adventurer" backer that has come on board today! There'll be some really nice figures for the rest of you to pick up in a year.

Cheers!

Online white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2014, 07:19:19 PM »
I find in my old age that I also prefer the light weight of resin for this sort of thing.  lol

The painted ones look amazing though, if I ever have enough money again, I should hire that Duffer too.

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2014, 04:56:52 PM »
Ok, the total is adjusted due to a backer pledging too much but we are happily still over the £3.5k stretch goal. So, free stickers for all!

Plus I've decided to throw in this one (below) too! The local print shop I'm using has given me really good rates with me popping my head in every few days so I might as well as well pass on my good fortune.

Every single person that has backed the project will be getting these included with their rewards, size will be A5 or less, perfect for applying to you questing pack or sword scabbard ;)

I'm going to take some individual shots of the figures later as I've had a few requests across the forums so expect to see them over the weekend.

We're on the last few days so if you#re planning on pledging then please head over!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2004599158/tooth-and-sword

Thanks again everyone!

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2014, 08:15:21 AM »

Another painted figure, Elizabeth Beckley's take on the lion Paladin. She's done a great Job, I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's different takes on these figures!

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2014, 05:53:40 PM »
I've had a requests across the forums for bigger shots of the other painted pictures so here you go!

I'll put together a mock-up of the postcards tonight so stay tuned!

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2014, 09:52:37 PM »
Hi everyone, I trust we've all had a nice weekend. I've been in the woods all day but not spotted any sword wielding critters!

I'm pleased to say that I've had the lay.out for the postcard set back and thy're ready to include as an add-on.

You can add this set on for just £5

Just over two days left to pledge!

Andrew

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2014, 05:33:33 PM »
Sorry everyone, I was imagining that the campaign will end tomorrow for the whole weekend! so, final round up tomorrow......

Right, today we have the Hippogryph finished and ready to show off.

Here he is in all his glory! It doesn't seem like I've done much since it was first shown but there's so much work in the fiddly details, filling as many undercuts as I can physically reach, smoothing each shape and even the (nerve racking) cutting up of each part! (you can see the cut where I separated the talon at the elbow)

Here you can see the hight of the figure, it really is an imposing fellow! The beast will happily sit on a 25mm round base (supplied) although you may choose to base him on a larger size.

Here he is cut up for moulding, I'll be sending him off shortly to be duplicated for your collections!

Remember, you can add him to your pledge or pledge just for him alone, come and join in quick as we've go just over one day to go! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2004599158/tooth-and-sword

Many thanks again and especially to those backers that have come on board over the weekend and today.

Andrew

Online white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2014, 09:36:23 AM »
Allright, I went with the resin sets after all. ;D

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2014, 11:04:39 AM »
Allright, I went with the resin sets after all. ;D
lol

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2014, 11:05:03 AM »
Hi everyone, we've got less than a day to go and we've made great gains overnight!

I just wanted to share something that ended up in my inbox this morning in a weird bit of circular promotion! Superb designer and all round creative powerhouse David AKA Zhu has dreamt up his own backstory and oldschool "Warhamster" stats for the Lion Paladin!

http://realmofzhu.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/tooth-sword.html

This is precisely the kind of fun project that I imagined people coming up with when I started sculpting the range, so bravo and let's hope you all find creative ways of incorporating the little guys into your own games.

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2014, 04:39:41 PM »

16hrs to go and we've come on wonderfully today, thanks to all you last minute backers! Very special thanks to our fourth custom adventurer, there will be some really fun figures for the rest of you to get your hands on in a year's time!

We've passed 4K, higher than I could have imagined even a week ago but there's still time to get your pledge or add on those extras. Remember if you want the Hippogryph, the prints, post cards or even any extra single resin figures then you just need to go to your pledge and adjust it by the relevant amount.

I'll jump online later tonight to answer any question that you may have and in the morning all going well in case there's been any extra queries over night. The campaign ends tomorrow morning so be sure to finalise your pledges tonight so that you don't miss out.

Thanks again everyone, I'm really looking forward to finally getting these figures produced and into your hands.

Andrew

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2014, 07:19:08 PM »

16hrs to go and we've come on wonderfully today, thanks to all you last minute backers! Very special thanks to our fourth custom adventurer, there will be some really fun figures for <snip>

Thanks again everyone, I'm really looking forward to finally getting these figures produced and into your hands.

Andrew

My wife is hoping to see them "soon" because they are for her - I did mention she is going to help paint them... and she was mildy intrigued by the idea.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2014, 09:27:57 PM »
 :D good stuff!

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2014, 11:18:46 AM »
We are funded as of this morning with a massive amount coming in in the last few days, over £1000 since the weekend! I would like to extend my most sincere thanks to every backer, everyone that reblogged, shared on facebook or spread the word in any way! Special thanks go out to those "Custom Adventurer" pledgers, you will be receiving your own very special rewards in due course, and I will naturally be showing the progress I make with each over the coming weeks.

I've already gone to the post office this morning to send the Hippogryph to the casting firm, and put in the initial mastering order for the metal figures. I'll be keeping you all informed as to the progress as everything happens. I won't get the actual funds for a couple of weeks but will be sending out your surveys in the next few days.

I'll  be setting up a blog for Tooth & Sword shortly and have an online store in the works for after you've all received your rewards, until then you can keep abreast of news by "liking" me on Facebook.

Thanks again to everyone!

Andrew