Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:41:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691091
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Mantic Dwarf Kings Quest. ALL DONE.$1.05 million final.  (Read 43721 times)

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
Re: [Kickstarter] Mantic Dwarf Kings Quest. Now full co-op & solo play included
« Reply #285 on: September 02, 2014, 06:24:48 PM »
...apart from the fact the painted miniatures glossed back after a year :(
Keeps me from painting more of them. Why bother?

This is likely through use! The flat top coat is not at all a protective coat and rubs off quickly with use... Hit'em again!

Thanks
n

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
Re: [Kickstarter] Mantic Dwarf Kings Quest. ALL DONE.$1.05 million final.
« Reply #286 on: September 02, 2014, 06:25:52 PM »
This was a big KS that I didn't actually follow that closely. It was a lot of fun though! Looking forward to it.... in August 2015!!!! That's a whole year! :) It will be a nice surprise though, and I'll need the time to finish off my current projects.

Thanks
n.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #287 on: September 05, 2014, 06:35:58 PM »
I notice Jake is adding more thoughts on the AI and character experience/levels aspects of the Advanced rules on his Blog:

http://quirkworthy.com/category/dungeon-sagas/

Seems quite clear in the direction it is heading.  Hopefully we will get some revised rules to play around with soon.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #288 on: November 19, 2015, 08:07:33 PM »
So, is this shipping yet?  Seen videos popping up on YouTube and a release date listed as "November 2015" on a number of sites.  Anybody?

PS: Shops showing pre-order at discount around $55 for the box set (MSRP: $80). 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 08:12:13 PM by Elbows »
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #289 on: November 19, 2015, 08:17:36 PM »
Yes it's been shipped to a lot of folks. Mine showed up in Canada almost two weeks ago. The one thing that a lot of people seem really taken with is one of my large dislikes. The 'book' boxes look nifty, but honestly I'd have rather had a plain old box.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #290 on: November 19, 2015, 08:52:31 PM »
Hmmm...well that doesn't sound good for me then.  I think the gimmick book box is neat, but maybe not ideal for constant genuine use.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #291 on: November 19, 2015, 10:15:50 PM »
Still no sign of mine...  :?
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #292 on: November 19, 2015, 10:22:15 PM »
I did indeed receive it quite a while aog (around a month) and together with my wife and Duncan McDane played some of the scenarios over a weekend and we had a blast!

A shame that shipping has not reached everyone and if it does, you might think that the components are not the best you've seen in board games, but they are pretty up to the task and the rules are very nice. Every scenario so far was a challenge for both the GM and the players. I really like the way that the built in timer puts pressure on the heroes. I hope that you'll be just as pleasantly surprised as I was.
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #293 on: November 20, 2015, 10:26:36 AM »
I received my package a couple of weeks back.

It is absolutely bloody awful.

Missing components, bent, mis-moulded and wrongly assembled figures, a rulebook so full of errors it is unusable (literally every page reference in the rules is...."see page xxx"...no numbers just "xxx") , game counters that look as if a 5 year old has made them with play-doh. Loads of promised content is missing and just scrapped by Mantic without notification, other bits changed from printed to pdf only, cheap paper components, character figures provided with no rule cards......

Absolute disaster and Mantic's usual lack of communication and abysmal customer service is making things worse. Wish I had never backed this one and will certainly never buy any game from Mantic again.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #294 on: November 20, 2015, 11:56:45 AM »
The problem with bent figures is something most resin/restic models have, remember the flak GW got when they got into the finecast thing? Blood Rage also suffers from it, but with Mantic especially the Skellies ( and models with pole weapons ) are bent. I guess that's the price we have to pay for getting "realistic" sized poles instead of tree trunks. Nothing a hot/cold bath can fix, though. No miscasts here, and thank goodness quite clean casts, not too many disturbing mould lines.

The gaming material does the trick, it isn't the most luxurious, but considering the price I'm happy with it. If it were to be CMON level I'm sure the price would be 30% up, let alone if GW did it...
I do regret one thing, and that is I only settled for a basic pledge ( my first kickstarter, you know...  ;) ). The game works fine, it's great fun and - as Braxandur says - the timing means you have to make decisions fast or you'll loose anyway. Some nice tactics are involved and I am indeed a happy customer who is considering to buy at least the Dragon add-on and probably more aswell.

Some time ago I got some Mantic Ghouls, discarded them quickly because the lack of quality ( imho ) and after that ignored Mantic until the Dungeon Saga PM went out, pledged - as said - carefully but now they have my fullest attention again and sure will buy more in the future ( Teraton, Plague Teraton, the big Plague Guy e.g. ).

( Jake, after this praise, I'm sure you'll need my adress in order to send me some free figures  lol ).
Leadhead

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #295 on: November 21, 2015, 04:32:06 AM »
I got an email from Mantic stating they would "sell" or ship corrected rulebooks or something.  I'll go take a look at it and report back.  I don't have my stuff yet of course.

Offline Zoggin-eck

• Bookworm
« Reply #296 on: November 21, 2015, 07:09:15 AM »
Absolute disaster and Mantic's usual lack of communication and abysmal customer service is making things worse. Wish I had never backed this one and will certainly never buy any game from Mantic again.

I decided the same thing before this kickstarter, so now I'm happy. I'll keep an eye out for discounted boxes on the chance it bombs, but I don't think it will get down to Sedition Wars prices. :)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #297 on: November 21, 2015, 08:24:53 AM »
All I can say is I'm in for fewer and fewer untested KS games these days.  It's like watching a parade of failures....
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #298 on: November 21, 2015, 09:38:09 AM »
I generally just buy for the minis so if the game is crap, I usually don't know unless someone tells me lol.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #299 on: November 21, 2015, 10:21:44 AM »
I got an email from Mantic stating they would "sell" or ship corrected rulebooks or something.  

Yes, their solution to the misprinted books......claiming that the "missing" content was not supposed to be there anyway and that the repeated KS images showing it were an error by a member of staff who has since left Mantic.......yeah right.

They are reprinting the rulebook with the page number errors, transposed text and cut/paste errors fixed and each backer can have one if they ask for it, as long as they pay for the shipping or include it as a special request in their next Mantic webstore order.