Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:48:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Jaegers vs BEF 1914  (Read 1671 times)

Offline clyde85

• Assistant
Jaegers vs BEF 1914
« on: June 02, 2014, 03:03:36 AM »
So I finally got to play a game of GW's The Great War! :D (first one in over 5 months!) and it was a lot of fun. I wasn't able to take an pictures as my digital camera crapped out just as we finished our initial set up before I could take any pictures. So to compensate for the lack of photos I'll just write this as descriptively as possible (with a bit of humor as well ;)  ).

To begin a word on the opposing forces; We were playing at 1000pts, I was trying out a 1914 Jaeger battalion while my friend was playing a 1914 BEF battalion. However neither of us have any Great War miniatures so we had to improvise. My army was made up entirely of Copplestone casting warlord Chinese, which we called the Beiyang Jaegers, while my opponent used 2nd edition 40k Ork models, which we called the Kings Cockney Rifles  lol

Our lists were as follows
Beiyang Jaegers:
HQ: Major Zoulin and 4 soldiers +jaeger rules= 50pts
1st company Captain Chiangs KMT Troops : 2 platoons of 15 jaegers, a captian and 4 jaegers = 264pts
2nd company Captian Li Zongrens Guangxi Troops: same as above
3rd company Captian Maos Communist troops: same as above
regimental support: 2 HMGs= 100pts
1 field gun= 60 pts
total=1002pts

The Kings Cockney Rifles:
HQ: Colonel Ghaz and 2 boys (used second edition Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka)= 60pts
1st company Captain Ork and 2 platoons of 10 boys(used orks)= 230pts
2nd company Captain Pansy and 2 platoons of 10 pansies(used Eldar)= 230pts
3rd company  Captain Beaky and 2 platoons of Beaky boys(used space marines)= 230pts
battalion support: 2 Dakka Guns(HMG's) with +1 boy= 115pts
Regimental support: 1 platoon of 12 Mordian Iron Guard (Highlander Platoon)= 134pts
total= 999pts

The scenario was meeting engagement, with the objective being table quarters. The board was called "The Valley of Death", with two tree covered hills sitting on the flanks of both short board edges. In the middle of the "valley" was a number of ruined buildings and barricades, the remnants of a small Belgian town destroyed by heavy shelling.
The K.C.R. deployed first and, using all he had learned at Camberley, Col. Ghaz placed Captain Beaky's company in the center of the valley on the outskirts of the ruined town, with the Dakka Gun with the extra crew and the Mordian platoon to protect his left flank and cover the forest on the large hill. On the Right Col. Ghaz placed Captain Pansy's company on the extream right to move through and hold the forest on the smaller hill on their right. Captain Ork's company was placed in a reserve position between Captian Pansy's left and Captain Beaky's right so that his platoons could move to support either advance with the second Dakka Gun providing support. Lastly Col. Ghaz took up position behind a K.C.R. barricade on the right behind Captain Ork's company to provide leadership to them and the Dakka Gun if it was needed.

The Beiyang Jaegers deployed next and decided to concentrate their strength on the flanks, hoping to get their highly mobile troops into the tree line and dominate both hills. On the Right flank Major Zoulin placed the Guagxi company to storm the hill and attempt to flank the lightly held K.C.R. left flank. On the left Major Zoulin placed the Communist company with the same mission, however he placed one Platoon from Captain Chiang's KMT company in support on the communists right. The rest of the KMT company, one platoon and captain Chiang's command squad, was placed on the edge of the ruined town. In the center of the board, behind a runied wall, Major Zoulin took up position with the MG battery, and to the right of that was placed the field gun.

The board was set and the pieces began to move