Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 02:18:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691473
  • Total Topics: 118393
  • Online Today: 609
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Valhalla from East Street?  (Read 2421 times)

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
Valhalla from East Street?
« on: June 02, 2014, 11:07:13 AM »
Has anyone tried this game? I have slight misgivings about the online aspect (hope I'd play where there's free WiFi, at least) but it got a good review in W:SS and, apparently, several shows. At five quid I'll probably give it a whirl as an alternative to Saga anyway, but has anyone any experiences to add?

Offline Bone

• Assistant
Re: Valhalla from East Street?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 09:39:31 PM »
Rules are free after registration - only had a brief look after downloading - not enough time to try them so far.

The Valhalla Sagas are design to be constantly updated and improved. Rather than charge for upgrades
the latest edition of the rules are always available as free downloads from www.TheValhallaSagas.com.

Sorry - quote is pasted from the rules pdf - link is not working.

Got them here: http://valhalla.eaststreetgames.com/
after registration.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:44:23 PM by Bone »

Offline pjbubbs

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 06:58:52 AM »
Hi Vermis,

I'm Paul Brook, the creator of Valhalla. From what you wrote it sounded like you think you need to be online while you play. That's not the case.

The way it works is that before you play the game you setup your army online, you then print off the stats for your army and take that to your game with you.

After the game you have the option of recording the game results and there's a mechanism for recording individual warriors kills, to you can build up a history of who's killed who.

Also, I'm current working on functionality to enable warriors to gain experience for kills, so their stats can improve over time as they get more kills.

Hi Bone,

TheValahallaSages.com is on old link, I need to fix that! Thank you for pointing it out.

The game was originally called "The Valhalla Sagas", but then Saga by Gripping Beast came out and there was too much confusion around the name, so I had to drop "Sagas". That was unfortunate because part of what makes my game unique is that each warrior can build his own unique story or Saga.

If you have any questions you can always contact me through the face book page:

https://www.facebook.com/TheValhallaGame

I hope you decide to try it, let me know how you get on.

Cheers Paul

Offline PanzerKaput

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 12:06:32 AM »
I have the game and have played a couple of games of it k=now and I like the game. It is fun, quick and easy to play and can get bloody too. It has the feel of a Viking skirmish game with a lot of tactics to try and outwit the opponent. I like it as it feels one to one and you are creating heroes. All in all a good game.

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 08:26:39 PM »
Hello Paul. I ordered the book the same day (or just after) and I've had a skim through it. I see what you mean about the printouts. Everything else looks good, too. I'm looking forward to take it for a spin.  :)

Offline pjbubbs

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 09:54:15 PM »
Hi Vermis,

I hope you enjoy it. Please stay in touch via Facebook and let me know how you get on.

Cheers Paul