Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:30:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 3-10 to yuma campaign  (Read 2418 times)

Offline The Black Rider

• Librarian
3-10 to yuma campaign
« on: July 19, 2008, 11:17:56 PM »
Ok so probably not a campaign in the strictest sense of the word but my friends and I are going to try and come up with some linked scenarios that will reenact the story line from the latest version of 3-10 to yuma. The film was fantastic and one liner's from it have been uttered by many a player while we have been playing lotow.

What we are basically going to do is have two sets of scenarios one for ben and dan's journey to catch that very important train and the other for Charlie Princes' journey on his hunt for Ben Wade. They will both conclude on that great gun fight down main street to the train.

I am going to steal some of the mechanics for linking scenarios together from the lotr fellowship of the ring source book and throw it together with lotow scenarios and make some up. I'm mostly going to steal the parts about recovering fate, fame and wounds from the lotr book. One BIG problem for me is that none of my just over 100 gunfighter models are mounted :S So i'm having to slightly alter the film to be on foot! :D

So far for the Charlie Prince side I have these ideas for scenarios:
 1. Robbery of the stage coach - Charlie and 8 men vs Pinkerton crew and McElrory (Peter Fonda)
 2. The shootout at the stage coach - Charlie and men vs Dummy stage coach
 3. Railroad shootout - Charlie and men vs Boss and his chinamen employees

For Ben and Dan:
 1. I need to think of one to place here
 2. Indian attack - Ben and Dan vs 8 or 10 indians. (this one will be an escape type game)
 3. Railroad escape - Dan, the doc, Butterfield and William (the kid) vs Boss, deputy, beardy guy and chinamen!
                             This one will be similar to a hang em high scenario.

Scenario 4 for both sides will be the remainding forces of charlie's side + and army of civillians vs Ben and Dan. Ben and Dan obviously trying to get to the train and the opponents trying to stop them.

Sorry for the HUGE post but i'm really quite intersted in doing this project as I have been stucking in the waters of the carribbean fighting pirates for the past couple of months and i'm starting to miss the dusty old west!

Anyone got any more ideas??

Offline meanderthal

• Bookworm
Re: 3-10 to yuma campaign
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 11:57:57 AM »
I wrote an LOTOW scenario I called "7:11 to Tucson" to sort of replicate the idea of moving the prisoner down the street of town.  I'd be glad to PM you my version, if you'd like.
Winners never quit, and quitters never win...but if you never win, and never quit, you may just be an idiot!

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 12:35:47 PM »
you have a lot covered in just that post.Sounds like it well be a fun couple of games.I cant wait to see how they turn out.

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 01:55:43 PM »
They've just posted a scenario on the Warhammer Historical website www.warhammer-historical.com for LOTOW, which is a 'not-3:10 to Yuma' scenario...

Offline cmsciulli

• Librarian
  • Cowgirl in training
    • http://paintedpony.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 07:37:24 PM »
We ran a 5:15 to Yucca game using the Two Hour Wargames ruleset.  Here's the basic gist of what we did:

We started the opposing factions in town at random locations, like at the end of the movies, and the game clock was at  3:00pm, I believe.  Each turn was 15mins on the game clock, and Dan and his faction had until 5:15pm to get Ben down to the train, while Charlie and his minions tried to stop them. 

Once the game clock hit 5:15pm Dan rolled a die (D10 I think) to see if the train was on time or not.  If the train was not on time Dan rolled another die to determine how late (in 15min increments/game turns) the train was.

If Dan survived until the train arrived, he rolled another die to determine if Ben gets on the train or if Ben turns on him.

I have pictures of the game somewhere on my computer at home. . .
"You can't fight the desert... you have to ride with it."- Louis L'Amour

http://paintedpony.wordpress.com/

Offline The Black Rider

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 09:33:01 PM »
cool thanks for the replies. We havn't started anything yet mainly due to the great sort out im having of all my gaming stuff. Tho once it's up and running i'll post some pictures! I already have the first scenario for charlie already written up