Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:09:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690462
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley AAR - The Mysteries of Area 42 (picture heavy)  (Read 2269 times)

Offline gnomehome

• Mad Scientist
Pulp Alley AAR - The Mysteries of Area 42 (picture heavy)
« on: June 08, 2014, 12:28:41 PM »
A quick AAR from our second game of Pulp Ally. A 'trail of clues' setup. We addes some villagers in the mix, who wandered about randomly on the board, possibly blocking line of sight and prohibiting shooting. These ended up being to easy to avoid and are not mentioned in the AAR any further.

Anyhow, here's the report...

Pulp Alley episode 2 – The Mysteries of Area 42

Artemis Fowl was sure of it –the supersonic shockwave oscillator was being developed in the hidden army base only known as Area 42. He had to get his hands on it. His spies had been able to pinpoint the location of Area 42 to the general surroundings of the village of El Holgazán.

Maybe the local tradesman could provide more information, surely a base of the size of Area 42 would need a sizeable amount of supplies.

Furthermore he knew that The League of Extraodinary Gentleman had planted a spy in the village, a man known as Viejo Apestosa. He might know a thing or two as well. And if the meddlesome Mina Harker should show up with her companions, he had a surprise prepared for them….

Turn 1
Sure enough ‘La Harker’ showed up, bringing with her the entire league.

Her faithful Sidekick Alan Quartermain started by taking out Holly Short with his dreaded hunting rifle.

The other league members assembled  to meet up with Apestosa, while Foaly of the Artemis gang rushed towards the trader.

Turn 2
While Alan Quartermain clambered up a building to get a better vantage point, the surprise Artemis prepared for his opponents arrived – a guided missile

The entire league brushed of this surprise attack like they got hit with a water balloon. Artemis reminded himself to be not so thrifty with the TNT next time while Alan Quartermain shot down Julius Short

Unfased by all this commotion around her Mina fixed her vamipiric gaze upon Foaly, who dropped to the ground while his vital energies revived Mina.

Turn 3

The League met up with their contact, who pointed them to a dead drop point he had established in the desert.

Domovai, Artemis’ faithful sidekick on the other hand, pumped the trader for info, learning that the man known as El Codiciosi probably would know the way to the base

The rifle of Alan Quartermain continued to wreak havoc on the Artemis gang. Julius Short who managed to survive last round was taken out with a second hit

Turn 4

Mr Hyde and Mulch Diggums squared of againts one another at the dead drop

…while Artemis made his way to El Coiciosi

Mulch stood his ground against Mr Hyde taking him out and was browsing the documents in the dead drop  only to become the third victim of the redoutable Alan Quartermain

At the end of turn 4, the League had one minor plot point, the two remaining members of Artemis each had one minor plot point.

Turn 5 - 6
The rest of the game would be a mad rush to reach Area 42

Massively outnumbered, the Fowl League couldn’t get the upper hand. They managed to hang out to their two plot points, but had to witness how Dr Jekyll made his getaway with the briefcase with the plans for the supersonic shockwave oscillator

« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 06:43:11 PM by gnomehome »
I like my games like my orange juice: pulpy with no added sugar or artificial sweeteners

Offline Peter@BattleScape

• Scientist
Re: Pulp Alley AAR - The Mysteries of Area 42 (picture heavy)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 01:05:32 PM »
COOL!!!
Great looking game.

Pete
BattleScape Military Books & Miniatures
www.BattleScape.com.au

Offline Murmel

• Assistant
  • SPACESHIP!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 07:05:11 PM »
I was the opposing player for this game. I am grateful for gnomehome to have put all that effort and time to build us an awesome decor to play in. The battle report describes the events of the scenario well, so I won't go into that further. Instead, I have some observations about the game itself.

- The major plot point should be two points instead of three, three points was for the second time far too decisive and because of it's late appearance it came down to whom could reach the plot point first.
- The play area for two players should have been a little smaller. We spent a whole lot of time sprinting around the board.
- We both seemed to want a stronger narrative. I am looking into making scneario's of my own to accommodate that.
- I still love the combat system though maybe the leaders are too strong, while followers are too weak.

All in all, it was a very entertaining game. Lady luck was on my side though, that death trap at the start could have decided the game on turn two.

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 08:43:58 PM »
A great game and I loved the scenery and the miniatures, top notch!

Prof. Dinglebat. Phd.

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 01:00:20 AM »
Nice all round.  :-*

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 04:43:08 PM »
Outstanding! That felt like quite an adventure.  ;)

Love your terrain, figures and those character cards are awesome!  :-*