Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:33:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690983
  • Total Topics: 118362
  • Online Today: 706
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Stargate Zombie game  (Read 2269 times)

Offline dusser

• Librarian
    • http://hodgepodgelodger.blogspot.com/
Stargate Zombie game
« on: July 14, 2008, 12:51:46 AM »
I ran a Stargate based zombie game at a local comic book convention earlier this summer.  Here's a mini game report with pictures on my blog.

http://hodgepodgelodger.blogspot.com/

Offline Tom Reed

• Mad Scientist
Re: Stargate Zombie game
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 03:48:40 AM »
i really like the way that you have made the Stargate universe your own. Especially changing Gaould to ghoul.
Jane! Stop this crazy thing!

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 04:14:44 PM »
I always thought you could justify zombies in the stargate world by blaming a misfunction of the goa'uld (sp?) sarcophagus' healing function. It reanimates the dead, but doesn't restore them completely (mentally and physically)...

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 06:57:49 PM »
I always thought you could justify zombies in the stargate world by blaming a misfunction of the goa'uld (sp?) sarcophagus' healing function. It reanimates the dead, but doesn't restore them completely (mentally and physically)...

Wasn't there a double episode where they did just that? It wasn't a sarcophagus as such, but some other device based on sarcophagus technology. IIRC Dr. Jackson finds it in some forgotten temple in Central America, at which point it begins to zombify the corpses of the local rebel guerillas.

I remember this because they re-ran it on TV recently. Meanwhile the rest of the team were off fighting Anubis' enhanced super-Jaffa. That should help you relate it with whichever season it was from.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline dusser

• Librarian
    • http://hodgepodgelodger.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 02:51:26 PM »
i really like the way that you have made the Stargate universe your own. Especially changing Gaould to ghoul.

Thanks.  I've been watching a lot of Stargate recently and so when it came time to run my annual zombie game at the con I decided to combine interests. It also gave me an excuse to paint the miniatures that I bought to use as an SG team.

Yes Rhoderic, there was an episode where an artifact turned people into zombies.  Later in the show an Ori curse turned a Jaffa into a zombie like killing machine too, so there's definitely zombie potential.