Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:03:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Perry Plastic Men-At Arms Box Cover Art  (Read 41979 times)

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
Perry Plastic Men-At Arms Box Cover Art
« on: June 16, 2014, 05:38:20 PM »
Just posted on the Perry Mins Facebook page : his kingdom for a horse and all that sort of things...

According to the Perry FB page, pics of the command sprue should follow in the next few days - and yes, interested parties will be able to build a Richard III personality figure if they so desire. The main frame for the knights is currently in tooling at Renedra.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Perry Plastic Men-At Arms Box Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 06:09:31 PM »
Just posted on the Perry Mins Facebook page : his kingdom for a horse and all that sort of things...]/quote]

I bet he wished that he'd taken at least one of them on offer when lord Stanley's lot waded in!

According to the Perry FB page, pics of the command sprue should follow in the next few days - and yes, interested parties will be able to build a Richard III personality figure if they so desire. The main frame for the knights is currently in tooling at Renedra.

Thanks for posting the pic and the info Arthur... the one day I don't check out their Facebook page too  :D.

Darrell.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 07:23:22 PM »
As a citizen of the city that will soon blow a whole heap of cash reburying that bugger, i may have to pick these up just to have myself a little Leicester mascot :)
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline huevans

• Mad Scientist

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 11:04:47 PM »
He should be reburied at York.  It's where he would have wanted to be buried.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 11:17:51 PM »
He should be reburied at York.  It's where he would have wanted to be buried.

He had his chance to speak up, he remained oddly quiet.  :D
besides, york didn't give a fig until Leicester started making some serious tourism cash from him, they didn't even care about the attempts by Leicester uni to find his body.
His body should stay close to the site it was found it's a better way to display his remains and the facts of his discovery.
(but i don't see why it should cost 2 million to build him a fancy tomb in the cathedral despite their alrady being a stone dedicated to him and his actual grave being literally across the road.)

(should point out that this is mostly tongue in cheek, i can see why york would want him, but york is a nice city that people go to for fun, Leicester needs this, no one comes to Leicester unless they're looking for women of the night. )
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 11:43:42 PM by nic-e »

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 11:39:43 PM »

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 11:47:45 PM »
Hmm. Well, nice figures, but that is a sorely disappointingly small frame, compared to the previous two medieval boxes, where the command frames included a whole host of head and arm options as well as all sorts of extra bits and pieces...  :-[

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 11:53:41 PM »
My impression is that it's just meant to be the icing on the cake, a vignette frame of sorts. We'll see what the main frame looks like in the next few weeks but I suspect it will offer a lot of possibilities in terms of poses and weapons, hence the limited options on the command sprue. The 8th army command frame was a bit similar in that respect, with only an advancing officer and RTO. 

Offline Dawnbringer

• Assistant
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 11:56:05 PM »
Hmm. Well, nice figures, but that is a sorely disappointingly small frame, compared to the previous two medieval boxes, where the command frames included a whole host of head and arm options as well as all sorts of extra bits and pieces...  :-[

I'll hold my judgement until I see the main frame. I mean the mounted Men at Arms didn't even have a command frame, and it was still great.

Offline huevans

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 12:14:05 AM »
I'll hold my judgement until I see the main frame. I mean the mounted Men at Arms didn't even have a command frame, and it was still great.

I think that might be the point. All of the dismounted MAA's are potentially officer / personality / commander types. So the command sprue might just be Dick and his standard bearer.

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 01:11:10 AM »
Amazing news!

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 08:07:58 AM »
Historical query .....,

If the second chap is Dick's standard bearer, wouldn't he be somewhat more elaborately armoured?  I'd think it to be quite an honour to stand beside The King waving his flag, in which case I'd assume the standard bearer to be someone quite important.  This chap doesn't look particularly important (eg, open faced helm).
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 08:33:47 AM »
Historical query .....,

If the second chap is Dick's standard bearer, wouldn't he be somewhat more elaborately armoured?  I'd think it to be quite an honour to stand beside The King waving his flag, in which case I'd assume the standard bearer to be someone quite important.  This chap doesn't look particularly important (eg, open faced helm).

Given how much we don't know, it may have been that 'standard bearer' might have been just a title and the actual carrying of it performed by some nameless oik. In somewhat later tradition, standards were generally carried by the most junior 'officers' - the ensigns and not by more experienced soldiers, some of whom had the 'honour' of providing protection for it and from which we get ranks like 'colour sergeant', which in no way relate to their original function.

I suspect you'll be eating those words.  ;)

Assuming that the normal frames have the same variations as previous sets and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a normal command frame in any case, I'm sure there will be sufficient for a further ten or twelve pages on your Perry Medievals thread... which I'm looking forwards to seeing almost as much as the figures themselves.

:) 

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 08:44:23 AM »
Thanks Jim, I was hoping you'd respond with something insightful!  :)