Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:29:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Savage Worlds as skirmish rules?  (Read 2374 times)

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
Savage Worlds as skirmish rules?
« on: June 17, 2014, 01:26:56 PM »
Has anyone tried out Savage Worlds and their superhero setting for skirmish games? I have leafed through them and it seems to me as if would be quite easy to use them. I might give them a go in a day or two and revive my adventures of Tyger and Gargoyle, Protector's of Crow City. I have previously tried the BASH! rules with a few slight mods.
"Who knows what Evil lurks in the heart of men?"
"The Shadow knows!!! Hahahahaha!"

Offline Puuka

• Mad Scientist
  • The Deputies come
    • Shaggy Puuka Dice Bags and Accessories.
Re: Savage Worlds as skirmish rules?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 07:46:10 PM »
I had picked up the rules with this intent, then the playgroup kind of fell through (schedule changes and such).
Looking for a set of rules that adaptable for different genres.

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 08:06:19 PM »
They do have a skirmish version of the rules available as a free download.  They are called Showdown.

I asked this same question a long time ago on the Reaper message boards.  The answer I got was you could, but it is really more for RPG.  Not that great for skirmish.  That was before Showdown came out though.

Offline Puuka

• Mad Scientist
  • The Deputies come
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 08:07:15 PM »
They do have a skirmish version of the rules available as a free download.  They are called Showdown.

I asked this same question a long time ago on the Reaper message boards.  The answer I got was you could, but it is really more for RPG.  Not that great for skirmish.  That was before Showdown came out though.
Here they are from their site.
https://www.peginc.com/freebies/Showdown/Showdown.pdf

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 08:34:41 PM »
I couldn't leave that idea alone, so I find myself tinkering with it. Ripped a chunk out of the basic system and have applied a couple of thoughts myself to it!!! Let's see if this lead balloon flies  lol!!!

Offline Puuka

• Mad Scientist
  • The Deputies come
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 09:14:04 PM »
Having a hard time finding a spreadsheet that works. Tried to make a Deadpool, but when adding ranged weapons, the first slot brings up the cost, but anything after that reduces the cost (not sure if that's normal or not).

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 09:51:17 PM »
Having a hard time finding a spreadsheet that works. Tried to make a Deadpool, but when adding ranged weapons, the first slot brings up the cost, but anything after that reduces the cost (not sure if that's normal or not).

Yep, for Showdown, secondary weapons etc are cheaper. The first weapon should be the one the figure will use most often, same goes for skills. The idea is that in a game that is only likely to last 4 turns or so, secondary weapons are unlikely to be used very often, especially given that Showdown does away with ammo tracking as it's a skirmish game not an RPG.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 10:53:53 PM »

Any link in particular that seems to work well? I have found some but experiencing difficulties...  :?