Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:02:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Zenit Nemesis...any good?  (Read 1817 times)

Offline discok3

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Zenit Nemesis...any good?
« on: June 19, 2014, 10:38:43 AM »
Hello gents,
I don't suppose any of you fine fellows has played this game at all and could give me a precis of it?
I already have some of the Kensei minis so am pretty sure the figs are amazing and although I have downloaded the free Nemesis rules I am not entirely sure how it plays.Some have said it has a similarity to Confrontation which looking at some of the sculpts I am able to believe.I am smitten with the Orphan faction as all things forest/wood related float my boat and having seen the Kickstarter for the Juggers I'd love to contribute as it has already met it goal so looks like it's going somewhere however the forum doesn't seem to have much gameplay related info so any help would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Kev
Good moaning

Offline Chinkster

• Schoolboy
Re: Zenit Nemesis...any good?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 05:32:00 AM »
Hi

Sorry for the thread necromancy. I've just received my Nemesis Rise of the Juggers minis. Hardly anyone in the English speaking world plays this game, I think. I've asked some of the backers on KS. Some are using the minis to proxy for their own fantasy games. A small group is planning on playing the game but they haven't received their minis yet.

So while it's a good thing I got 2 factions, it's going to be tough finding players. Especially when the rules can be a bit convoluted.

Anyway, let me know if you want to follow up on this? I'm thinking of somehow starting a Nemesis English support group.

Offline discok3

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 10:50:40 AM »
Hi there
I also received my Kickstarter minis last week and I too bought 2 factions.
No-one else I know even has a clue about this game although Kensei seems to be slightly better known.As with many of the Spanish makers the sculpting is outstanding so I am extremely happy with my purchases.I chose the Orphans and the new Exiles as I loved their contraptions.Daniel from Zenit says there are further releases in September and beyond so I'm looking forward to adding to my collections over the coming months.
I now have the hard copy of the rules but haven't managed to properly read through yet so I have no idea as to how they play
Best thing I suppose is to base the minis up and give the game a try.If it seems to flow nicely that might give the impetus to paint them all properly(which the sculpting deserves!)
I'm based in Christchurch Dorset for your info
Cheers
Kev

Offline Chinkster

• Schoolboy
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 03:10:54 PM »
Hi

Greetings fellow Zenit Nemesis player :)

I got the Rocavivas and 1000 Faces. Wish I had the funds to get the Notalive, as those were cool sculpts.

I'm debating between selling them and assembling, painting and playing them :D

The rules: basic rules are pretty straightforward... but it's the individual warrior/character stats that drive you up the wall... too many references, and you have to flip the rule book to find out what it all means! I made a handy reference list... but only for my factions, which don't overlap yours. I can email it to you to show you what I mean.

Sadly, we'll probably not get an opportunity to play each other as I live in Malaysia... but then again, never say never ;)