Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:39:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: English Civil War.....full scale minis!  (Read 4237 times)

Offline Sparrow

• Mastermind
Re: English Civil War.....full scale minis!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 06:42:28 AM »
Lance is right - I am the hooded claw! Come and say hi at Kelmarsh and we can have a natter (you seem to have correctly sussed me!). Good luck,with
Chester by the way. It should be a belter! - Ian B
Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry!

Offline Axebreaker

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 02:53:13 PM »
It's about taste but I like the Bicorne & Renegade combo. Currently Renegade isn't selling figures, but I've heard rumours they may come back end of this year or next which I hope is true.

Christopher

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 07:08:06 PM »
It's about taste but I like the Bicorne & Renegade combo.

This.

I tried very hard to love the Empress figures. They are very different in style to anything else out there, and quite exquisite. But I'm afraid I just couldn't get on with painting them. The surface detail is so shallow as to be almost non-existent. Didn't suit me anyway. But definite contenders when it comes to beautiful characterisation.

Mind you, Nick Collier's vast ranges for Bicorne and Renegade are also wonderfully characterful and evocative of the period - just stylistically different.

This question (which ECW / TYW range + compatibility) gets asked so often, we really ought to have a sticky on it... I shall apply myself to that at some point...  :)

Offline westwaller

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 08:52:43 PM »
I tried very hard to love the Empress figures. They are very different in style to anything else out there, and quite exquisite. But I'm afraid I just couldn't get on with painting them. The surface detail is so shallow as to be almost non-existent. Didn't suit me anyway. But definite contenders when it comes to beautiful characterisation.

You are not the first person to voice this opinion, Captain Blood and I agree with your statements about the shallow details.

I wondered if mine had just been poorly cast. It is a shame because when first I saw them, I thought that they were the best ECW I had ever seen.

It might explain why there are not that many images of them painted, around though.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:16:03 PM by westwaller »